Ideal Pairings

Elgray

I've been thinking long and hard about how I'm going to prepare my second generation characters for the English release of Awakening. While I know that, due to the sheer amount of options for pairings, there is no way to establish a true "Ideal", I have come up with combinations that I feel might lend well to the character's strengths. Also, I feel that these all appear to be likely matches. However, this is done with limited knowledge of the storyline.

All my information came from the page here on Serenes forest and many rely upon the class sets inherited from the father. If possible, I'd like everyone to take a look and tell me what they think. The main flaw with this setup is that I can see right away is that it will require vast amounts of experience and grinding. I'd like everyone's input on that as well.

Key:

Name of Child (Final Class)

Mother (Class): (Skill inherited)

Father (Class): (Skill Inherited)

Hair Color

Path of promotion:

Final Skill set:

Brief Description

Wood (Swordsmaster)

Liz (Cleric / Battle Cleric): Miracle

Vake (Berserker): Wrath

Blonde

Myrmidon -> Swordsmaster

Final: Vantage, Wrath, Miracle, Astra, Sword Expert

This setup is something I've always wanted to do ever since Path of Radiance and now, with the removal of the space limits, it is now a reality. Astra needs no introduction and will activate often with the Swordsmaster's high skill. Vantage and Wrath ensure that Wood becomes deadly at low HP, allowing him to unleash a critical or let loose an Astra before the enemy can even attack. I am unaware as to whether the Swordsmasters in this game get their customary +15 critical bonus but, if so, that will make this all the more devastating. (Ranged users might pose a problem, however.) Sword Expert increases Wood's attack, helping to offset the Swordsmaster's low cap. As for Miracle, I could have just as easily passed down Renewal, but I like having Miracle there just on the off-chance that I make an "oopsie" and almost get him killed. Besides, it takes some of the pressure off of Liz to promote.

Azure (Berserker)

Olivia (Myrmidon): Vantage

Grego(Hero): Sol

Bright Orange

Mercenary -> Barbarian -> Berserker

Final: Sol, Wrath, Axe Expert, Gamble, Vantage

This is formed along the same lines as Wood is. With this set, Azure will be able to dish out high damage and work as a pinch hitter in a tight spot. Vantage and Wrath have been described above. Sol has a chance to help keep Azure healthy though, granted, the chance to activate it is not very good due to the Berserker's low skill cap. Now, you might wonder why I chose Grego as Azure's father, seeing as how Azure can attain Sol himself through promoting to a Hero. Well, the simple fact is: I was too lazy to promote him to Hero. Instead, I will class change him to a Barbarian in order to grab Gamble. That +10 critical rate is just too attractive to pass up, especially given the low price of using it (only -5 HIT). Axe Expert gives him even more power. An excellent candidate for either the Killer or Vengeance Axe.

Brady (Sorcerer)

Mariabell (Troubadour): Secluded Lady

Henry (Dark Mage): Crimson Curse (For lack of a better skill)

Gray (Silver?)

Priest -> Sage -> Great Knight -> Sorcerer

Final: Secluded Lady, Magic Expert, Vengeance, Magic Slayer, Luna

More of an ideal than any actual plan. If you notice, neither Mariabell nor Henry are promoted, meaning that I don't have to use them hardly at all (Which will save on experience). Nevertheless, there is potential here. Secluded Lady seems like a strange effect to have on a male, but it is a great support ability and Brady is the only one who can inherit it easily. Magic Expert is great for attack while Magic Slayer and Luna make Brady an excellent Mage-killer. Vengeance gives him more power the less HP he has and has a high chance to activate.

Cynthia (Falcon Knight)

Sumia (Dark Pegasus): Lightning Speed

Viole (Bow Knight): Bow Slayer

(Gray?)

Pegasus Knight -> Falcon Knight

Final: Bow Slayer, Lightning Speed, Refresh, Lance Expert, Speed Cry

Simple and easy. Cynthia gets Lightning Speed from Sumia, allowing her to attack twice in one turn if she manages to slay an enemy. More importantly, as she is a Falcon Knight, she can also use staves. This means she can kill an enemy, then use the extra turn to either heal, or run away. Refresh gives her some small ability to run solo while Bow Slayer lessens her fear of bows. (Though I would still watch snipers, as they have +20 HIT and high critical). Finally, Speed Cry is largely just a placeholder with limited use. But that doesn't really matter anyway as Cynthia's main draw is her high mobility, ability to use staves, and avoidance of terrain.

Degel (General)

Soiree (Great Knight): Luna

Sol (Paladin): Holy Shield

Brown

Knight -> General

Final: Holy Shield, Great Shield, Luna, Defence Cry, Indoor Battle

Seriously, this match-up is too perfect to NOT take advantage of. With Holy Shield AND Great Shield, Degel becomes the ultimate tank able to take large amounts of abuse (provided her skills activate...). Luna ensures that she can give back as good as she can take, while Defence Cry can help your party survive an assault. Lastly, Indoor Battle gives her a small bonus while fighting inside buildings. Not bad.

Selena (Battle Cleric)

Tiamo (Dark Pegasus): Lightning Speed

Libera (Battle Monk): Miracle (Unused)

Blonde

Mercenary -> Hero -> Battle Cleric

Final: Lightning Speed, Sol, Axe Slayer, Stats +2, Renewal

My attempt to make a cross between a frontline unit and Healer. (Similar to the "Paladin" of other traditional RPG games.) Lightning speed allows her to attack twice in one turn (or attack, then heal as the situation requires). Sol and Renewal give her lasting power, allowing her to survive longer on the battlefield. Axe Slayer ensures that the only thing Selena has to worry about are swords and bows (As with her high resistance, she can handle enemy mages a bit easier than she could as a Hero.) Stats +2 (Obtained from a "Stats +2 Manuel" make her marginally better than the Hero is every area (excepting Skill, which she lags behind by a full 6 points.) All in all, she's a flexible unit that had handle many different situations. (Besides, giving her Libera as a father gives her blonde hair, making her resemble a certain other Tsundere character from a certain anime series...)

Jerome (Dragon Knight)

Serge (Griffon): Lance Slayer

Fredrick (Great Knight): Luna

Brown

Dragon Knight -> Griffon Knight-> General -> Paladin -> Dragon Master

Final: Great Shield, Luna, Sword Slayer, Lance Slayer, Holy Shield

Oh, boy. Due to the large amount of experience this guy would require, I might end up cutting some of his promotions out. Nevertheless, if I had a lot of time on my hands, I would follow this path. Great Shield, Holy Shield, and Luna essentially make him a flying version of Degel, albeit with a weakness to bows and magic. Sword Slayer and Lance Slayer allow him to dominate the weapon triangle with axes. Not much more to say.

Chambray (Taguel)

Velvet (Taguel): Anything

Gaia (Trickster): Acrobatics

Orange

Taguel -> Thief -> Assassin -> Taguel

Final: Acrobatics, Picklock/ Beast Buster, Pass, Lethality, Move +1

With this set, Chambray serves more of a utility role, sporting high movement and the ability to cross terrain with ease. He can pass through enemies and pick locks. (Picklock can be used on maps with locks and chests, while Beast Buster can be used on maps with Beast units. If both are present, Move +1 can always be dropped in favor of either one.) Besides his fancy-schmancy rabbit transformation, Chambray really doesn't have anything flashy for combat (though Lethality will give him a nice little bonus from time to time.)

On a side note, another good pairing for Gaia would be if you paired him with a mother whose child you are planning to make mounted as (I think) Acrobatics will negate Horsemens' notorious movement limitations for forests and mountains.

Loran (Dark Knight)

Miriel (Sage): Magic Expert

Callum (General): Great Shield

Black

Mage -> (Dark Mage ->) Sorcerer -> Great Knight -> Dark Knight

Final: Magic Expert, Great Shield, Life Absorb, Luna, Vengeance

The ultimate Dark Knight! Magic Expert, Luna, and Vengeance give Loran excellent combat capabilities with a Tome, while Great Shield works to protect him from Melee attackers. Life Absorb ensures that he won't need much healing, as it is likely that he will be able to take out units easily.

Noire (Sniper)

Sariya (Sorcerer): Vengance

Ronku (Swordsmaster): Astra

Brown

Final: Bow Expert, Accuracy +20, Early Initiative, Vengeance, Astra

After playing Fire Emblem 4 for so long, I got accustomed to archers such as Jamka who could fire off multiple attacks in one turn from a safe distance. This is my attempt to replicate that. Naturally, I decided to give her Astra. Yes, I know, there IS an Astra Bow in the game. However, I wanted Noire to be able to Astra ALL THE TIME and not rely upon a single weapon. This means that she can Astra while using a Brave Bow, a Killer Bow, or any of the legendary bows. Bow Expert ups her attack, while Accuracy +20 increases her already high accuracy, enabling her to hit more dodgy foes easier. Early Initiative is great for attacking on the Player Phase, while Vengeance is a decent enough ability. (Though, I have to wonder, will activating Vengeance mean that she won't activate Astra? What is the order for skill activations?)

Nn (Manakete)

Nono (Manakete): Anything

Richt (Dark Knight): Life Absorb

Reddish Brown

Manakete -> Cavalier -> Great Knight -> Paladin -> Manakete

Final: Luna, Dragon Buster, Holy Shield, Defender, Life Absorb

Ah, Nono and Richt. Perhaps the only pairing that doesn't make Nono look like jailbait. Anyway, having Richt as her father gives the strangely named "Nn" access to the cavalier reclass line, allowing her to pick up the skills Luna, Holy Shield, and Defender. All this serves to do is make an already potent Manakete unit that much more powerful.

And finally: the main two units of this set:

Lucina (Paladin)

Krom (Lord/ Great Lord): Aether

My Unit (Dark Pegasus): Lightning Speed

Blue (Always)

Lord -> Great Lord -> Paladin

Final: Aether, Lightning Speed, Royal Weapon, Holy Shield, Charisma

Now, you might wonder: why the reclass to Paladin? Well, the answer is that, once you gain everything the Lord Class has to offer, there's really not much to it. The Paladin has arguably better stats than the Great Lord as well as the advantage of higher movement.

Now, for the skills. Aether is one of the best skills in the game and Lightning Speed gives Lucina the opportunity to abuse the heck out of it. Holy Shield gives her some defensive power against bows and magic. Both of these skills are augmented by Royal Weapon, which ensures that both have a 50% chance to activate. Lucina can't inherit Royal Weapon from Krom, but she can gain it naturally through promotion. Finally, Charisma gives a small bonus to your nearby units.

Mark (M) (Assassin)

My Unit (Dark Pegasus): Lightning Speed

Krom (Lord/ Great Lord): Royal Weapon

Blue

Strategist -> Grandmaster -> Swordsmaster -> Assassin

Final: Royal Weapon, Lightning Speed, Lethality, Pass, Astra

Mark becomes the ultimate assassin, able to bypass enemies and strike at the heart of their forces if need be. Lightning Speed gives him two moves. Finally, Royal Weapon is put to extremely good use on this set, as it gives Astra a nearly 60% chance to activate and nearly doubles the activation of Lethality, meaning that Mark has a 22% chance to instantly OHKO an enemy. Wow! He can also use bows, giving him more options for attacks. Of course, the downside of any assassin is their low defensive stats. However, if properly employed, Mark can compensate for this.

My last three units (which I will not give a description for) are:

My Unit (F) (Grandmaster)

Strategist -> Grandmaster -> Dark Pegasus -> Swordsmaster -> Grandmaster

Final: Astra, Sword Expert, Rainbow Cry, Magnificent Flame, Lightning Speed

Krom (Demon Fighter)

Lord -> Great Lord -> Demon Fighter

Final: Aether, Royal Weapon, Charisma, RES +10, Quick Slash

Liz (Bride)

Cleric-> Battle Cleric -> Bride

Final: Renewal, Miracle, Healing Heart, Love Cry, Bonds

And that would round the number of Units up to 16. So, what do you think? Have any opinions or see any flaws?

*whistles*

That is, as you said, going to need a TON of grinding, however, if you pull it off, it will kick the crap out of everybody pretty much.

A suggestion i have is replacing Cullam w/ Richt or Henry. The magic growth bonus would help Loran, but then again, so would the defense.

I could also vouch in MariabelXHenry being a good pairing because it gives Brady a good weapon synergy between classes: I mean, there's no weapon rank isolated in just one class so he can progressively snatch several classes' skills while not being slowed down so badly by a low Weapon Rank, specially with Cavalier's Discipline as a temporal skill.

Speaking of which, it's sometimes a good idea not to go for a promoted class from the start because how the Experience gains are regulated so I would probably tweak Brady's Reclass path to:

Priest->Cavalier->Great Knight->(Optional Dark Knight->) Sage -> Sorcerer.

Or heck, I had previously brainstormed two paths for him as my Change Seal Dump, so why not share them:

Priest(Healing Heart)->Cavalier(preemptive Sword training+ temporal Discipline)->Barbarian (Axe Training)->Berserker (Axe Expert ) -> Trickster (catching up Staff Training + Acrobatics) -> Battle Monk (Renewal)

Priest->Cavalier->Mage/Dark Mage (Tome Training, Magic+2 vs. Curses)->Dark Knight(Life Absorb)-> Sage(Magic Expert)

Edited by AstraSage

Remember that a child's base stats are dependent on their parent's stats going into their Gaiden. So, for example, if you barely use Mariabel and Henry, Brady'd base stats might be kinda lower than you'd want. I mean, it doesn't matter so much because this is clearly a postgame team, but still.

This seems like a pretty solid idea and would require a lot of grinding yeah, but I'm just curious.. Can Sumia even marry Viole? The support section in the Awakening page isn't finished up yet, but it lists Sumia as only being able to marry five different men in total (this is including MU)?

I'm curious if this is just because the page isn't finished yet or if Sumia is actually that limited compared to the other females.

There's a way to improve Chambray´s development. Instead of inheriting "anything" from Velvet, make him inherit Acrobatics from her and you can pass down any other skill that would make him even stronger from the father. Or Lance Slayer from Velvet to avoid some nasty attacks from Beast Killers.

EDIT: If you plan to use him as a Taguel you can pair Velvet with Donny and give Chambray "Weak Beats Strong" to have advantage against high level promoted units.

Edited by paladin21

Sumia is indeed limited, like Krom. Sumia x Viole is impossible.

Wah. I didn't notice that. Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to rework it, then. (I hate that they made Krom and Sumia so limited in their supports...)

And with Krom being taken by MU, that means that Sumia only has three options... And none of them can give Cynthia Bow Slayer...

I'll probably end up pairing her with Gaia instead.

I'll also have to come up with an easier route in order to have them ready for endgame, and then just get them to the levels I have here in the post-game.

Here are my adjustments.

Cynthia (Falcon Knight)

Gaia (Hero or Swordsmaster): Axe Slayer/ Astra

Orange

Essentially the same as above, except instead of Bow Slayer, Cynthia has one of these two abilities, increasing her combat potential. Axe Slayer would allow her to break the weapon triangle, while Astra gives her an attack skill. If short on Experience, either picklock or Move +1 are ok skills to pass down, as she can always get Astra later. (It should be noted that Cynthia will never have another chance to get Axe Slayer, however, as Gaia's Fighter class option is removed for her.)

Chambray (Taguel)

Velvet (Trickster): Acrobatics

Donny (Anything): Weak Beats Strong

Black

Taguel -> Thief -> Assassin -> (Griffon Knight ->) Taguel

Final: Acrobatics, Weak Beats Strong, Pass, Lethality, (Move +1/ Beast Buster/ Lockpick/ Lance Slayer)

Weak Beats Strong means that Chambray has an advantage over all promoted units over level 10 and is only attainable through inheritance from Donny. Otherwise, this setup is pretty much the same as the other one, with an optional pit stop in the Griffon Knight class in order to pick up Lance Slayer.

I think the main problem with a lot of the pairing topics on this board is that all of them require a lot of grinding to really get anything out of them. They also tend to ignore growth rates and oftentimes, cap increases (the latter will probably only matter for Lunatic). I'm interested in seeing good pairings that require minimum grinding personally and the one that seems to fit the bill the most are like, Krom/Sumia and Donny/Velvet.

I wish we had more information on how inheritance of base stats worked, that could also be valuable in determining good pairings.

I think the main problem with a lot of the pairing topics on this board is that all of them require a lot of grinding to really get anything out of them. They also tend to ignore growth rates and oftentimes, cap increases (the latter will probably only matter for Lunatic). I'm interested in seeing good pairings that require minimum grinding personally and the one that seems to fit the bill the most are like, Krom/Sumia and Donny/Velvet.

I wish we had more information on how inheritance of base stats worked, that could also be valuable in determining good pairings.

minimal grinding is good

recommend Donny

what

Which is why I'm only bothering with Krom x Olivia, Vake x Tiamo, MU x Serge, and MAYBE Sol x Soiree for the main game. But no one is saying that these are pairings for in game.

Also, Paperblade, lol.

I think the main problem with a lot of the pairing topics on this board is that all of them require a lot of grinding to really get anything out of them.

It's probably because everyone wants to get that "Uber" team filled with units that have excellent skills, which often requires a lot of class swapping. Only after creating the teams do people stop to think about how difficult it really is to get them. I'm going to try to find a "happy medium" of units that can exist as good units with minimum grinding, and then become excellent units post-game when they have time to class-swap some more. I'll post a dumbed down version of these pairings for pre-endgame, or maybe switch some of the parentage around a little to make them more accessible.

Yea, that's my thought every time I see these topics. Even producing+using every kid requires the use of a lot of units. I think in any given game I'll only end up using 2-4 kids, and maybe a normal mode playthrough with all of them. Anything beyond 1 or 2 reclassings per child (including parents' changes) seems impractical.

...What are the appeal of turn optimization runs anyway?

The thing is, there's turn optimization runs and there's not wanting to spend literally dozens of hours grinding support points, levels, items and skills.

These builds, while certainly powerful, would take a ridiculous amount of skirmishing to do. Now I've got nothing against skirmishing and I certainly intend to do it myself, but the amount of times you'd need to do it for each and every character as proposed in this thread is just a little too much of an unnecessary time investment.

I'll probably have a core team of seven or eight individuals who get this kind of gold star levelling treatment, but doing it for every single parent and all of their children? I don't think I'll be doing that. I might, but I doubt it.

I haven't think of anyone yet but Degel, I really like generals.

She would inherit:

Holy Shield (Soiree)

Renewal (Callum)

I picked Callum because he can also pass Thief.

Path:

Knight -> Thief -> Assassin -> Trickster -> General

Skills:

Renewal, Lethality, Holy Shield, Great Shield, Acrobatics

The Shields to reduce damage, Lethality is because even if she doesn't attack that many times (because of her speed) she can still OHKO, Renewal is for lasting even more, and Acrobatics is for mobility (not sure of this one though). Too bad she can't inherit Resistance +10, that would make her even better, I might end having this build for MU but having RES+10 instead of Acrobatics :awesome:

Okay, I've reworked my builds in order to make them much more cost and time efficient, while still retaining potential for post-game reclassing. Note that it might not be feasible to use ALL of them at once but if I WAS going to use all of them, this is the setup I would use. In addition, I have included a counter that shows the TOTAL amount of change/ master seals required (Both Parents and Child included) in order to get the child up to the level specified. Unfortunately, only skills were considered in the matches, as I don't really know how stats and growths affect children. Please tell me what you think.

Wood (Swordsmaster)

Liz (Cleric / Battle Cleric): Miracle

Vake (Berserker): Wrath

Blonde

Myrmidon -> Swordsmaster

Final: Vantage, Wrath, Miracle, Astra, Sword Expert

Minimum Master Seals: 2

Minimum Change Seals: 1

Same as before. Only requires one reclass and promotion for Vake (Fighter -> Barbarian -> Berserker) and one promotion for Wood (Myrmidon -> Swordsmaster). Liz does not need to be promoted.

Azure (Berserker)

Olivia (Myrmidon): Vantage

Grego(Mercenary): Anything

Bright Orange

Minimum Change Seals: 2

Mercenary -> Hero -> Barbarian -> Berserker

Final: Sol, Wrath, Axe Expert, Gamble, Vantage

Probably the most costly build on this list. It's virtually unchanged except for the fact that Azure now promotes to Hero, then back to Barbarian once he learns Sol at level 5. Grego won't pass down any useful skills, as Azure will learn them on his own anyway. Having Grego as his father really only serves to give him the reclass option to Barbarian, which is the entire point of this build.

Brady (Sage)

Mariabell (Troubadour): Secluded Lady

Henry (Dark Mage): Crimson Curse

Gray (Silver?)

Priest -> Sage

Final: Secluded Lady, Magic Expert, Healing Heart, Crimson Curse, Miracle

Minimum Master Seals: 1

Minimum Change Seals: 0

Recuires no promotion for either Mariabell or Henry. However, due to Brady undoutably low stats, he will be relegated to an almost purely healing role. Crimson Curse and Secluded Lady will give his allies some support if he is placed close behind the front lines. Magic Expert and Healing Heart will give him extra magic power for healing/ attack, though he will likely not be a steller fighter.

Cynthia (Falcon Knight)

Gaia (Hero/ Swordsmaster/ Assassin): Axe Slayer/ Astra/ Picklock/ Lethality

Orange

Pegasus Knight -> Falcon Knight

Final: Astra/Picklock/Lethality, Lightning Speed, Refresh, Lance Expert, Speed Cry

Minimum Master Seals: 2-3

Minimum Change Seals: 0-1

I tend to think that getting Lightning Speed for a unit might be worth some grinding.Nevertheless, because she can fly and use staves, Cynthia will likely always be useful. Axe Slayer, Astra, and Lethality are all excellent skills if you're willing to take the time to Reclass/ Promote Gaia. If not, then picklock is a decent utility skill and Cynthia's movement will allow her to get to chests/doors quicker than thieves normally could (provided there are no bow users around to shoot her out of the sky).

Degel (General)

Soiree (Great Knight): Luna

Brown

Knight -> General

Minimum Master Seals: 3

Final: Holy Shield, Great Shield, Luna, Defence Cry, Indoor Battle

Shouldn't be that hard to make, and worth the effort if you use both Sol and Soiree. Sol might require a bit of grinding to get to level 15, so if it's too much, you can always just pass down a different skill if you think you can pass on Holy Shield. Otherwise, this setup will basically make Degel the best General ever.

Selena (Hero)

Tiamo (Dark Pegasus): Lightning Speed

Libera (Battle Monk): Renewal/ Miracle

Blonde

Mercenary -> Hero

Final: Lightning Speed, Sol, Axe Slayer, Stats +2, Renewal/Miracle

A setup that leaves Selena in the Hero class. Again, getting Tiamo to learn Lightning Speed in order to pass on is worth some grinding. If you want, you can grind Libera to lvl 15 and pass down Renewal (which will be helpful on the front lines) but if not, you can just pass down Miracle. I'm planning on reclassing her to Battle Cleric in the endgame

anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

Jerome (Dragon Knight)

Serge (Griffon): Carrier

Fredrick (Great Knight): Luna

Brown

Dragon Knight -> Dragon Master

Final: Carrier, Luna, Hot Start, Sword Slayer, Ride Fast

Since Fredrick is a promoted unit already, it shouldn't be a problem to raise him to level 5, then ease up on using him, saving experience for others. This gives Jerome easy access to Luna. With Carrier, Jerome gains +2 move when doubling with another unit which, when added to his already high movement, is pretty insane. This means that he can carry around a stong, low movement unit (Like say... Degel) to the fight with ease. Finally, Sword Slayer allows him to break the weapon triangle, as he will likely always be using axes.

Chambray (Taguel)

Velvet (Thief): Picklock

Donny (Anything): Weak Beats Strong

Black

Taguel

Minimum Master Seals: 0

Minimum Change Seals: 1

Final: Picklock, Beast Buster, Weak Beats Strong, Even Biorhythm

Really, Chambray is a unit I might pass up on. Requires you to get Donny to Lvl 15 and have Velvet class Change. Weak Beats Strong will give him a small bonus and Picklock will allow him to... well... pick locks. But really, outside of reclassing, Taguels really have limited access to good skills and no access at all to unique weapons. (The maximum amount of skills he can have outside of reclassing is 4.) I could always reclass him in Endgame like I had previously planned, but when you compare him to units like Degel, Jerome, Lucina, or even Nn, he kind of falls a bit short. I don't know, he could still be a good unit, but I think there are better.

Loran (Dark Knight)

Callum (Great Knight): Luna

Black

Mage -> Dark Knight

Minimum Master Seals: 3

Final: Magic Expert, Life Absorb, Luna, Slow Start, Magic +2

Luna gives him extra combat potential while Magic Expert and Magic +2 give him extra power (Which he is likely to need as his magic will likely be a little bit lower with Callum as the father than it might have been otherwise. The upside of this is that Loran will likely have higher defense and HP.) Life Absorb helps to keep him healthy, while

Slow Start gives him a small bonus.

Noire (Sniper)

Sariya (Dark Mage/ Sorcerer): Crimson Curse/ Vengance

Ronku (Swordsmaster): Astra

Brown

Archer -> Sniper

Final: Bow Expert, Accuracy +20, Early Initiative, Crimson Curse/ Vengeance, Astra

No different. The main point of this set is the Astra from Ronku. If you want Noire to have Vengeance, then you can promote Sariya, but if not, then Crimson Curse is OK.

Nn (Manakete)

Nono (Manakete): Anything

Richt (Mage): Concentration

Reddish Brown

Manakete

Minimum Master Seals: 0

Final: Concentration, Odd Biorhythm, Dragon Buster

Nn faces the same problem as Chambray as she has incredibly limited options skill-wise. Furthermore, her options of fathers are even more limited as I have given priority to other units. I have no doubt that she can be a good unit but, without a severe amount of reclassing, she might not be stellar. If you were willing to give up her manakete-ness, then you could reclass her to Cavalier and go from there, but you likely have more than enough mounted units anyway. I'll probably make sure she gets born just for the conversations, then bench her.

(Ideally, I would have wanted to pair her up with a Unit like Fredrick in order to give her Luna, which can work very well on its own. However, I give units such as Jerome and Loran priority.)

Lucina (Great Lord/ Paladin)

Krom (Lord/ Great Lord): Aether

My Unit (Dark Pegasus/ Grandmaster): Lightning Speed/ Rainbow Cry

Blue (Always)

Lord -> Great Lord (-> Paladin)

Minimum Change Seals: 1-2

Final (If Great Lord): Aether, Lightning Speed/ Rainbow Cry, Royal Weapon, Charisma, Dual Attack+

Final (If Paladin): Aether, Lightning Speed/ Rainbow Cry, Royal Weapon, Holy Shield, Charisma

With all of these units having to promote to Dark Pegasus, things could get a bit TOO much grindy... If Lightning speed is a bit too much to go for, My Unit could always just stay as a Grandmaster and pass on Rainbow Cry. Rainbow Cry is the best support skill in the game, so it could come in handy. (Besides, with My Unit as Lucina's mother, she has access to all class options, meaning that she could reclass to a Dark Pegasus post-game in order to snag Lightning Speed.)

Mark (M) (Grandmaster/ Swordsmaster/ Assassin)

My Unit (Dark Pegasus/ Grandmaster): Lightning Speed/ Rainbow Cry

Krom (Lord/ Great Lord): Royal Weapon

Blue

Strategist -> Grandmaster

-> Myrmidon -> Swordsmaster

-> Thief -> Assassin

Minimum Change Seals: 1-2

Skill Path 1: Royal Weapon, Lightning Speed/ Rainbow cry, Magnificent Flame, Magic Square

Skill Path 2: Royal Weapon, Lightning Speed/ Rainbow Cry, Astra, Vantage, Sword Expert

Skill Path 3: Royal Weapon, Lightning Speed/ Rainbow Cry, Lethality, Pass, Picklock

It should be noticed that, if Lightning Speed is not passed down, Mark can never attain it (being a male, he cannot access the Dark Pegasus class.) Nevertheless, he will have Rainbow Cry which will definitely help.

Now, I have divided his previous skill set into 3 possible paths:

1. The Grandmaster. If Lighting Speed and Royal Weapon are passed down, Mark will be exactly like My Unit, only better. Royal weapon will increase the likelihood of Magnificent Flame activating. Also, he will learn Rainbow Cry on his own if it is not passed down.

2. The Swordsmaster. Royal Weapon helps Astra, and Lightning Speed/ Rainbow Cry are excellent skills. A good setup, but you already have access to both Ronku and Wood, right? There's no reason to need this.

3. The Assassin. Royal Weapon beefs up Lethality, giving it a 1 out of 5 chance of killing an enemy. This is also likely to be the best Assassin combination possible in the game. The rest should be self-explanatory.

Edited by DarkDurandal

This is my "2nd generation" ideal team.

Lucina (Swordmaster)

Olivia (Dancer): Luck+4

Krom (Lord/Great Lord): Aether

Hair Color: Blue

Mate: Jerome

Path of promotion: Lord -> Great Lord -> Swordmaster

Final Skill set: Aether, Royal Weapon, Astra, Sword Expert (Dual Attack+), Charisma

Brief Description: Basically an improve Krom. With Olivia as mom, she has the Swordmaster reclass option. She will have Dual Attack+ until optaining Sword Expert. So she will be a bit like Lyn.

Requires 1 promotion and 1 reclass

Wood (Demon Fighter)

Liz (Valkyrie): Dual Support+

Grego (Mercenary): Weapon Saver

Hair Color: Orange

Mate: Selena

Path of promotion: Myrmidon -> Swordmaster -> Demon Fighter

Final Skill set: Dual Support+, Weapon Saver, Astra, Quick Slash, Resistance +10

Brief Description: Wood will allied magic (from his mother), and Strenght (from both father and mother). With Weapon saver inherite from his father, having a class with use several weapon isn't a problem. With Quick Slash and Astra, he'll kill his enemy without fear a counterstrike. Resistance +10 will make him a Mage Killer.

Requires 2 promotions (Liz and Wood), 1 reclass (Liz) and a Demon Fighter scroll.

Azure (Swordmaster)

Olivia (Dancer): Luck+4

Krom (Lord/Great Lord): Royal Weapon

Hair Color: Blue

Mate: Mark

Path of Promotion: Mercenary -> Hero -> Swordmaster

Final Skill set: Royal Weapon, Sol, Astra, Weapon Saver, Sword Expert (Luck+4)

Brief Description: Thanks to Royal Weapon inherite from his father, Azure can use (and abuse) of Astra and Sol. With Weapon Saver, he don't fear becoming out of weapon (especially with Luck+4). His last Skill, Sword Expert, will replace Luck+4 and will make Astra and Sol even more dangerous.

Requires 1 promotion and 1 reclass

Brady (Sage)

Mariabel (Walkyrie): Dual Support+

Ritch (Mage): Magic+2

Hair color: Reddish Brown

Mate: Degel

Path of promotion: Priest -> Sage

Final Set: Dual Support+, Magic Expert (Magic+2), Miracle, Healing Heart, Magic Cry

Brief Description: As a priest, Brady will be the primary Healer of the group. With Magic+2 and Healing Heart, he can heal fully lot of units. With Dual Support+ (and later Magic Cry), he is an usefull support unit (the role of a Healer). Once promote, he can be an usefull mage, but I think he will remain an support unit

Requires 2 promotions (Miriabel and Brady)

Degel (Great Knight)

Soiree (Paladin): Defender

Hair color: Green Brown

Mate: Brady

Path of Promotion: Knight -> Cavalier -> Great Knight

Final Set: Holy Shield, Dicipline, Defender, Dual Guard+ (Defence+2), Luna

Brief Description: She soon become a Cavalier so, thanks to discipline, She will train both Sword and Lance. With Defender and Holy Shield inherite and Defence+2, Degel still be a wall.. Once Promote, She can use all physical weapon (except bow) in a descent level. She can protect her allies thanks to Dual Guard+ and afflict hight damage thanks to Luna

Requires 3 promotions (Degel, Soiree and Sol) and one reclass

Cynthia (Dark Pegasus)

Sumia (Falcon Knight): Lance Expert

Gaia (Thief): Movement+1

Hair color: Orange

Mate: None

Path of Promotion: Pegasus Knight -> Dark Pegasus

Final Set: Speed+2, Refresh, Movement+1, Lightning Speed, Lance Expert

Brief Description: Cynthia will begin with Lance Expert, it should be really usefull in her first fights. Movement+1 make her really usefull as an village/unit saver, even more when she will learn Lightning Speed. Moreover, her orange hair on a Dark Pegasus might be nice, Pegasus like her mom, Dark like her dad :P

Requires 2 promotions (Cynthia and Sumia)

Selena (Dark Knight)

Tiamo (Pegasus Knight): Refresh

Ronku (Assassin): Lethality

Hair color: Dark Brown

Mate: Wood

Path of Promotion: Mercenary -> Hero -> Dark Knight

Final Set: Weapon Saver, Lethality, Sol, Life Absorb, Refresh

Brief Description: I magine Selena as a physical Dark Knight. Sol, Life Absorb and Refresh, make her to recover her heath very often. Weapon Saver make her to use powerfull weapon. Lethality is a bonus (since it's not activate often) but is really good paired with Life Absorb. Moreover Dark Knight fit her well since she is the Moon Goddess.

Requieres 2 promotions (Selena and Ronku) and one reclass

Jerome (Griffon Knight)

Serge (Dragonmaster): Sword Slayer

Vake (Fighter): Fiery Heart

Hair color: Blond

Mate: Lucina

Path of Promotion: Dracoknight -> Griffon Knight

Final Set: Carrier, Strength+2, Lance Slayer, Fiery Heart, Sword Slayer.

Brief Description: Sword Slayer inherite from Serge is really usefull since he's Stuck with Axe in Griffon Knight. Strength+2 and Fiery Heart allow him to make hight physical damage. Since he is not an lonely unit (unlike Cynthia), Carrier might be helpfull when he's double with a slow unit.

Requieres 2 promotions (Jerome and Serge)

Chambray (Taguel)

Velvet (Taguel): Beast Buster

Donny (Villager): Weak beat Srong

Hair color: Black

Mate: n_n

Path of Promotion: Taguel -> Villager -> Taguel

Final Set: All Stats+2, Weak beat Strong, Good Growth, Even Biorythm, Beast Buster

Brief Description: Weak beat Strong make him really usefull against promote units. Since he is the only one who can learn Good Growth, it will be shamefull to not learn it. Paired with the manual "All Stats+2", it makes him very powerfull. Even Biorythm might be funny when he is Double with his mate.

Requieres 2 reclasses

Loran (Sorcerer)

Henry (Dark Mage): Crimson Curse

Hair color: Silver

Mate: Noire

Path of promotion: Mage -> Dark Knight -> Sorcerer

Final Set: Magic Expert, Crimson Curse, Vengeance, Life Absorb, Magic+2

Brief Description: Loran will be the primary Mage. Magic Expert and Magic+2 make him deals important magic damage to his enemy. Crimson Curse increase his effectiveness in fight. Vengeance and Life Absorb can save him in desperate situation.

Requieres 2 promotions (Loran & Miriel) and one reclass

Noire (Bride)

Sariya (Sorcerer): Vengeance

Libera (Priest): Miracle

Hair color: Dark Blond

Mate: Loran

Path of promotion: Archer -> Sniper -> Bride

Final set: Vengeance, Miracle, Bonds (Skill+2), Bow Expert, Love Cry

Brief Description: Noire might be a pretty Bride. With the pair Miracle/Vengeance (and Skill+2), She OHKO whoever attack her. Thanks to her parents magic inheritance, she can be a decent healer (more later with Bonds) and her passage by a the sniper class make her became a realy good Bow-Bride.

Requieres 2 promotions (Noire & Sariya) and a Bride's Bouquet

n_n (Manakete)

Nono (Dracoknight): Streight+2

Frederick (Paladin): Defender

Hair color: Brown

Mate: Chambray

Path of promotion: Manakete

Final set: Odd Biorythm, Defender, Dragon Buster, All Stat+2, Streight+2

Brief Description: Odd Biorythm and Defender will be usefull since she'll be double with her mate. All stat+2 and Streight+2 makes her having a really strong attack.

Requieres 2 reclasses (Nono & Frederick)

Mark (Trickster)

MU (Grandmaster): Rainbow Cry

Sairi (Swordmaster): Astra

Hair color: Black

Mate: Azure

Path of promotion: Myrmidon -> Thief -> Trickster

Final set: Rainbow Cry, Astra, Avoid+10, Movement+1, Acrobatics (Picklock)

Brief Description: Thanks to Sairi, Mark will begin with Astra and Avoid+10 and be an excellent sword fighter. Thanks to her dad hight magic (best stat), she will be an excellent healer as a Trickster. Movement+1 and Acrobatics will allow her to travel (nearly) everywhere. As a support unit, Rainbow Cry can be really usefull.

Requieres 2 promotions (MU & Mark) and 1 reclass

Edited by Apollocles