Ideal Pairings

Elgray

Is this about planned pairings or what? Can't tell.

Krom x Nono (I should be able to get that before chapter 11 I think)

Male MU x Miriel or Anna the Tutorial Girl (I have no clue really, maybe in separate files)

Callum x Sariya

Iunno after that.

This is my "2nd generation" ideal team.

Your team is, for the most part, looking pretty decent. I have a few criticisms, though.

Degel: You know that you can promote her directly from Knight into Great Knight, correct? You don't have to go through Cavalier. I guess I understand if you want to grab that Discipline skill but, frankly, it's might not be worth the experience and change seal required to get it as, by using your character's weapons, you will (eventually) get them to max rank, with or without Discipline. Also, Discipline becomes useless after you have maxed out your weapon skills.

Selena: The Dark Knight's strength cap is a bit low (38) when compared to other classes and the Dark Knight doesn't have anything to make up the difference. Sol and Life Absorb will help to keep her healthy, it's true, but don't expect her to ever really dish out a lot of damage. One thing you might consider is making Ronku a Swordsmaster instead of an Assassin so that he can pass down Astra. Astra is a wonderful ability with a MUCH higher activation rate than Lethality. Astra could probably work to take out an enemy on it's own, making it much better in the long run than Lethality.

Noire: She will die. There is no question. While Vengeance will be ridiculously powerful at low HP, the fact is that you CANNOT rely upon Miracle to save a unit. (Especially since Miracle CANNOT activate more than once in a row. If the unit already has 1 HP, Miracle WILL NOT work.) Not to mention the fact that an enemy can simply attack her before she has a chance to fight back. Really, if you wanted to make a risky, low-HP unit, you'd be better served to include Vantage, as it will allow you to attack before the enemy.

Nn: The pairing of Fredrick and Nono is a good one. However, I'm curious as to why you would go through the trouble to Reclass Fredrick from a Great Knight to a Paladin. In order to even get to Paladin, you would have had to get Fredrick to level 10, then use a change seal. By that point, you would have learned Luna (which, IMO, is a MUCH better ability than Defender... Especiallly for Nn who has NO attack skills...) Having a large chance to halve the enemy's defense is a whole lot better than having a meager +1 to your stats, especially since you have to be doubled to even get the bonus.

Other than that, I can't see any large problems. Good luck on your team.

Edited by DarkDurandal

Degel: I know she can promote directly from Knight to Great Knight but I hate Knight, they're so slow (in both meannings). Moreover, i can reclass her right after her recruting (since she begin at level 10, if i remember well). About Discipline, If she max out soon, I can trow away Discipline instead of Defence+2

Selena: I agree with you with how low damage she'll done... It's pretty hard to find an utility for her since I have so many "Swordmaster": Lucina, Azure, Wood and Mark (in some way). But I'll for sure redone her.

Noire: As an archer, she is not supposed to get attacked. So Vengence and Miracle are just a security. But you're right, Vantage might be more useful, I'll perhaps exchange her father and Selena's... I'll think about it.

n_n: Honestly, I had forgot that Frederick have to be at level 10 before reclassing. So you're right I'll keep him as a Great Knight and pass down Luna.

EDIT:

There is the changement... I hope it's better!

Selena (Dark Knight)

Tiamo (Pegasus Knight): Refresh

Libera (Sage): Magic Expert

Hair color: Dark Blond

Mate: Loran

Path of Promotion: Mercenary -> Hero -> Dark Knight

Final Set: Weapon Saver, Magic Expert, Sol, Life Absorb, Refresh

Brief Description: Sol, Life Absorb and Refresh, make her to recover her heath very often. Weapon Saver make her to use powerfull weapons (especially Tome since she have a poor Magic). Magic Expert is for compense her small Magic growth rate. Moreover Dark Knight fit her well since she is the Moon Goddess.

Requieres 2 promotions (Selena and Libera) and one reclass

Noire (Bride)

Sariya (Sorcerer): Vengeance

Ronku (Myrmidon): Vantage

Hair color: Dark Brown

Mate: Wood

Path of promotion: Archer -> Sniper -> Bride

Final set: Vengeance, Vantage, Bonds (Skill+2), Bow Expert, Love Cry

Brief Description: Noire might be a pretty Bride. With the pair Vantage/Vengeance (and Skill+2), She OHKO whoever attack her (at distance). Thanks to her mom's magic inheritance, she can be a decent healer (more later with Bonds) and her passage by a the sniper class make her became a realy good Bow-Bride.

Requieres 2 promotions (Noire & Sariya) and a Bride's Bouquet

n_n (Manakete)

Nono (Dracoknight): Streight+2

Frederick (Great Knight): Luna

Hair color: Brown

Mate: Chambray

Path of promotion: Manakete

Final set: Odd Biorythm, Luna, Dragon Buster, All Stat+2, Streight+2

Brief Description: All stat+2 and Streight+2 makes her having a really strong attack, even more when Luna is actived.

Requieres one reclass (Nono)

Edited by Apollocles

Degel: I know she can promote directly from Knight to Great Knight but I hate Knight, they're so slow (in both meannings). Moreover, i can reclass her right after her recruting (since she begin at level 10, if i remember well). About Discipline, If she max out soon, I can trow away Discipline instead of Defence+2

Selena: I agree with you with how low damage she'll done... It's pretty hard to find an utility for her since I have so many "Swordmaster": Lucina, Azure, Wood and Mark (in some way). But I'll for sure redone her.

Noire: As an archer, she is not supposed to get attacked. So Vengence and Miracle are just a security. But you're right, Vantage might be more useful, I'll perhaps exchange her father and Selena's... I'll think about it.

n_n: Honestly, I had forgot that Frederick have to be at level 10 before reclassing. So you're right I'll keep him as a Great Knight and pass down Luna.

EDIT:

There is the changement... I hope it's better!

Yeah, that is looking a lot better. Good work.

Mark (M) (Assassin)

My Unit (Dark Pegasus): Lightning Speed

Krom (Lord/ Great Lord): Royal Weapon

Blue

Strategist -> Grandmaster -> Swordsmaster -> Assassin

Final: Royal Weapon, Lightning Speed, Lethality, Pass, Astra

Mark becomes the ultimate assassin, able to bypass enemies and strike at the heart of their forces if need be. Lightning Speed gives him two moves. Finally, Royal Weapon is put to extremely good use on this set, as it gives Astra a nearly 60% chance to activate and nearly doubles the activation of Lethality, meaning that Mark has a 22% chance to instantly OHKO an enemy. Wow! He can also use bows, giving him more options for attacks. Of course, the downside of any assassin is their low defensive stats. However, if properly employed, Mark can compensate for this.

Interesting Thought. Here is my ideal Mark (Male) Assassin (Credit to Kiary at Gamefaqs for showing me this)

Mark Assassin

My Unit (Grandmaster) (+Skill, -Mag): Magnificent Flame

Azure via Krom (Merc): Royal Weapon (Due to a better skill modifier)

Merc->Hero->Sword Master-> Great Knight-> Assassin

Final: Depends on what I feel like:

Weapon Saver, Astra, Lethality, Magnificent Flame, Royal Weapon

Or I could use Sol in place of Weapon Saver, or have pass, point is he will have no defined skills. If I have him using a legendary weapon, then Weapon Saver and Astra will be together.

Was that supposed to be for Azure or Mark? Because if it was for Mark, only Azure would get Royal Weapon from being his kid, and child characters can't get that skill without relation to him. Parent Mu can't get it, and Mark must be Krom's child to get it. Anyways, with that moveset for either of them, having Magnificent Flame would be wasteful unless the class had balanced amounts of strength and magic, which Assassin doesn't. I guess it might still work, but you have other skills here. If you have money, you can get infinite legendary weapons a DLC map. Lethality is also bad to count on even with Royal Weapon, and generally should be used if the character can't get much other "Special Attack" skills. But if you want back up upon back ups, that moveset would work (kinda weird with all of those moves vying to be activated). I don't recommend it, but this game is about preference and stats.

I think it's supposed to be Krom x Olivia -> Azure (Royal Weapon) and then Azure x female MU-> Mark (Royal Weapon)

That build kinda reminds me on this one I posted:

Lucina, the time-travelling Assassin (Krom x Soiree)

+Aether

+Astra

+Lethality

+Vantage

+Pass

Aether from Krom

Astra from Swordmaster Soiree

(I just remembered that it might be quite hard to do before the chapter Lucina joins... so maybe Lucina will have to reclass more)

Lord 10 -> Myrmidon 10 -> Assassin

She came from the future to kill everything in her way.

With Aether, Astra and Lethality, nothing should stand in her way for long.

Vantage makes her strike first even during enemy phase, Pass to get her to the unit you want gone.

Was that supposed to be for Azure or Mark? Because if it was for Mark, only Azure would get Royal Weapon from being his kid, and child characters can't get that skill without relation to him. Parent Mu can't get it, and Mark must be Krom's child to get it. Anyways, with that moveset for either of them, having Magnificent Flame would be wasteful unless the class had balanced amounts of strength and magic, which Assassin doesn't. I guess it might still work, but you have other skills here. If you have money, you can get infinite legendary weapons a DLC map. Lethality is also bad to count on even with Royal Weapon, and generally should be used if the character can't get much other "Special Attack" skills. But if you want back up upon back ups, that moveset would work (kinda weird with all of those moves vying to be activated). I don't recommend it, but this game is about preference and stats.

Azure fathered by Krom is the father. Azure should pass Royal Weapon to Mark. Good point by the way. I could try a variation of the TC's. I just figured 10 free skill points toward activation would be useful.

Azure fathered by Krom is the father. Azure should pass Royal Weapon to Mark. Good point by the way. I could try a variation of the TC's. I just figured 10 free skill points toward activation would be useful.

Not really. Since Lethality has such a low chance of activating, 10 extra points of skill would only increase the activation rate by about 2-3%. Astra and Magnificent Flame would definitely benefit from it, though, which is perhaps what you meant. I'll have to agree that Magnificent Flame is a bit lackluster on an Assassin, though, due to their low magic.. I would replace it with something else. Lightning Speed, perhaps. Weapon Saver with Royal Weapon and the high luck growth from Azure will essentially give you infinite uses on weapons.

I've also reconsidered my pairings on three units:

Azure the Deft (Assassin)

Olivia: Luck +4/ Lightning Speed

Krom: Royal Weapon

Blue

Mercenary -> Myrmidon -> Assassin

Final: Royal Weapon, Lethality, Vantage, Weapon Saver, Pass/Lightning Speed

Weapons: Astra Bow

Killer Sword

Sol Sword

Olivia x Krom seems to be a popular pairing, despite its difficulty to obtain. Royal weapon aids Lethality Sol, and Astra (but only if Azure is using the Sol sword or Astra bow, respectively). It also works with weapon saver to give Azure infinite weapon uses at max skill (which he has a chance to achieve due to his high luck growth.)

Since skills are passed down right as you enter the chapter, I'm assuming that it's possible to level up Olivia to learn lightning speed before the sidechapter that you recruit Azure in. In short: I should have time to get Lightning Speed for Azure, even if I don't have time to get it for Lucina.

Chambray the Mighty (Berserker)

Velvet: Anything

Grego: Sol

Orange

Taguel -> Myrmidon -> Barbarian -> Berserker

Final: Wrath, Axe Expert, Gamble, Vantage, Sol

Despite Chambray's meek personality, he can make quite an effective physical unit with high growths in virtually every area and giving him large max stat boosts due to his heritage. In particular, he will have a max of 55 STR, 40 SKI, and 48 SPD. The only areas he really suffers in are MAG and RES. The growth rate for RES is only 16, which means that magic users will likely tear him apart. Nevertheless, those same magic-users better hope that Chambray does not get a hold of them, because he's liable to kill them in one hit.

Mark the Demure (Bride)

My Unit (M): Rainbow Cry

Someone (Inverse, perhaps): Movement Cry

(White?)

Pegasus Knight -> Archer -> Bow Knght -> Bride

Final: Rainbow Cry, Love Cry, Bonds, Skill Cry, Movement Cry

A purely support character. The idea is to use the backup command on every single turn, dramatically increasing surrounding allies combat abilities. For maximum effectiveness, Mark will be kept behind the main line and equipped with a bow in order to defend herself. (Her time as an archer will give her the experience necessary to use some of the better bows.)The stats gained for allies each turn are:

+6 STR

+6 MAG

+10 SKI

+6 SPD

+6 LUC

+6 DEF

+6 RES

+2 MOV

That's insane. This increases their combat effectiveness drastically across the board and gives everyone's combat skills a handy +10% increase in the process. Finally, Bonds heals everyone for a little at the start of the turn. Wood, Chambray, Azure, Degel, everyone benefits greatly from these boosts for their respective roles. The strategic implications are enormous.

Edited by DarkDurandal

Not really. Since Lethality has such a low chance of activating, 10 extra points of skill would only increase the activation rate by about 2-3%.

Royal Weapon increases the rate by a flat 10. If you have 50 Skl, Royal Weapon increases Lethality's activation rate from 25% to 35%.

Royal Weapon increases the rate by a flat 10. If you have 50 Skl, Royal Weapon increases Lethality's activation rate from 25% to 35%.

Lethality's activation rate is SKL / 4, not SKL / 2. Therefore, at 40 SKL, it only has 10% chance to activate. With Royal Weapon, that makes 20%. The addition of 10 SKI won't make much of a difference since it will be divided by 4.

Edited by DarkDurandal

Lethality's activation rate is SKL / 4, not SKL / 2. Therefore, at 40 SKL, it only has 10% chance to activate. With Royal Weapon, that makes 20%. The addition of 10 SKI won't make much of a difference since it will be divided by 4.

Ah, yes. Mixed up the skills. Eh, who cares about Lethality anyway when you can have Astra?

Were we talking about the actual Skl stat? I thought we were talking about Royal Weapon.