A quick question on maximising exp for transfers

What should I do to get maximised exp overall? I'm thinking to not spend bexp at all (or as little as possible) until endgame and try to get the last levels of everyone with Bexp. Whould that be the right way to do it?

Also should I be completing chapters asap for higher Bexp gain or play slowly to feed exp to underleveled units?

Play as close to par as possible. Your bexp doesn't start going down until a (usually) generous amount of turns have passed. In the allotted turns you can typically clear nearly the whole map. The most troublesome chapters will be chapter 10 and 15, which have large bonuses for passive clears. Do you go for 700 bonus exp for an undetected run through chapter 10, skipping some minor, but valuable treasure? Or do you blaze through, grab all the goodies, and get the combat exp? With chapter 15, how much treasure are you going to skip to get that 7 turn clear? And will you be able to avoid killing ANY of the laguz for the hefty bonus? After that, the rest of the chapters are a breeze.

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe9/bonus_exp.htm

Pretty much just refer to this page for turn counts. You don't need to rush yourself to get the lowest turn count. Just stay under/match the game's requirements.

Edited by Samias

-What difficulty? On EM, you can probably have a team of mostly level 20/20 characters by just pouring BEXP in at the end of the game and also getting the higher CEXP.

-Are you trying to just get the most EXP possible, including boss abuse (there aren't a lot of bosses you can abuse against)? Or are you just trying to get as much EXP as possible while completing the game fairly quickly?

-If you are trying to get as much EXP as possible for RD bonuses...it is better to BEXP abuse for good levels as you go than to hold off on all BEXP for the end, IMO.

Thanks for all the help so far. I'm playing NM, because EM will crash when transferring. Boss abuse is a bit too tedious for my liking, but if I come up slightly short at the end I may do it just so I make up the difference.

Are there any particular supports I should be aiming for? The only ones I know that make a difference are Ike X Soren and Boyd X Mist.

IkeXOscar is terrific! EarthXEarth is always rockin'.

Well 'rockin' is not what I'm looking for here. Since Ike X Soren is guaranteed Ike X Oscar can only reach B, which does nothing as all.

Thanks for all the help so far. I'm playing NM, because EM will crash when transferring. Boss abuse is a bit too tedious for my liking, but if I come up slightly short at the end I may do it just so I make up the difference.

Are there any particular supports I should be aiming for? The only ones I know that make a difference are Ike X Soren and Boyd X Mist.

Australia is PAL region, so you should have a European copy with the problem fixed.

One "test" is to check Muarim's Glossary data in FE10. The NTSC version has Mist's bio there instead mistakenly, but it's fixed in the European version.

Australia is PAL region, so you should have a European copy with the problem fixed.

One "test" is to check Muarim's Glossary data in FE10. The NTSC version has Mist's bio there instead mistakenly, but it's fixed in the European version.

Yeah I have the PAL version of the games. That's good to know. laugh.gif

There are really only a couple of bosses well suited for abusing, IIRC - Ena and Bertram. Both of them come late. If you boss abuse Bertram you won't get the rune sword or spear since they'll break after a bit. Just to keep in mind.

Possibly the boss on the Nedata chapter also has regen, and maybe Petrine.

If yer going Normal Mode (i cant do easy mode transfers because old unfixed disk), just stick with a core team and stick to the BEXP turn limits. Last transfer run i was able to get the following people to level 20:

Kieran

Ike

Soren

Titania

Marcia

Tanith

Mist (!!!)

and Astrid (just leave her Paragon on)

Oscar ALMOST got level 20 but he was only like 5 exp away and there were no more bad guys on the map. (and Ashnard would have murdered him...) Sadface.

I used more than just that team too. Like Janaff (occasionally), Mordy, Reyson, Rhys, Boyd (a bit in the beginning) and shizz. So yeah just focus on who you want to transfer and you should be good. Seep BEXP on them too, little by little.

If you dont have the easy mode glitch, then lol!! You can totally spam whoever you want.

For boss abusing, it's pretty hard to beat Ena. She's incredibly bulky, and she restores lots of HP. Her damage output is also pretty good, so you could get some experience for your healers in the process. As a Laguz she'll give lots of EXP as well.

I've been able to get 23 units to 20/20 in easy mode, only abusing Ashnard for Elincia's sword rank.

I think you can get plenty of units to 20/20 in normal without boss abuse as well.

I've been able to get 23 units to 20/20 in easy mode, only abusing Ashnard for Elincia's sword rank.

I think you can get plenty of units to 20/20 in normal without boss abuse as well.

Yeah I'm done with it now. How did you get so many though...

I threw away the note now, there must have been 18 units or so. All the mages are great because the last 20 levels are basically free with ward spam, and everyone can cap magic with the mage band.

I got a str transfer for Elincia too.

Edited by nano

I finished every chapter quickly in my transfers run, to RNG abuse in the base. Trying to get good level-ups during a chapter is plain unreliable.

Edited by Aeine