Backup Command

Elgray

Well, I'm curious about these so-called "backup commands", but I can't find a whole lot of information on them. My understanding now is, that by using the Backup command, all Cry skills on a character's skill bar will be used simultaneously. I also think that they stack with any other cry, except for the same cry. (For example, Skill cry and Rainbow Cry will stack, but Skill cry and Skill cry will not. ) My questions are:

1. How do you use the Backup command? Does every unit have the backup command, or does only the tactician use it, activating everyone's skills? What I mean is: are Cry skills activated individually, on a unit by unit basis, or do everyone's skills activate at once?

2. Can it be used multiple times in one chapter? Like, every turn?

Also, on a side note, can My Unit marry Inverse? I've noticed that the player can marry other SpotPass Units like Gangrel, Valhart, and Emelina, so it should be possible, right?

1. It appears as an option for any character with a Cry skill, and it acts specifically to activate their own Cry skills.

2. Yes.

3. Yes.

1. It appears as an option for any character with a Cry skill, and it acts specifically to activate their own Cry skills.

2. Yes.

3. Yes.

Ok. Thanks for the clarification. I was about 90% sure that was the case. but I just wanted to make sure.

EDIT: Also, I have another random question, but I'll just ask it here. Does Krom stay essential for the entire game, or can you stop using him at some point?

Edited by DarkDurandal

Krom doesn't even have a "seize throne" role. Chapters end when either the enemy boss or the entire enemy team is defeated.

And you can actually avoid using him at all. Hide him with another unit (the backup unit in a Double team can't take damage) and he won't even be in any danger to take damage.

As a unit, he is pretty decent, with one exception: he doesn't have high resistance at all (and fails at magic too, but none of his class sets need that). So in later battles with powerful sorcerors (and, at one point, tens of enemies all using Slime), he may be at risk.

Edited by nocturnal YL

You need to deploy him in story maps, and he's a great unit, but you don't need to actually have him do anything. Unless you're playing Lunatic, in which case he's incredibly important as one of the few units to stay effective throughout the game.

Think how insane it would be for 1 unit to have 5 Cries for Backup? Whew.

It would result in a pure support unit with lower fighting capacities. I'd use it dual with a Lightning Speed unit (attack with LS, tag and use Backup).

You need to deploy him in story maps, and he's a great unit, but you don't need to actually have him do anything. Unless you're playing Lunatic, in which case he's incredibly important as one of the few units to stay effective throughout the game.

Yeah, the only reason I was asking is because, once I get Lucina, I'll have two lords, and I just don't think that's really necessary... Krom is an excellent unit, don't get me wrong, but if it came down to a choice between him and Lucina, I'd pick Lucina every time. But, if he is required for every chapter, then I will use them both even after I get Lucina.

Edited by DarkDurandal

Yeah, the only reason I was asking is because, once I get Lucina, I'll have two lords, and I just don't think that's really necessary... Krom is an excellent unit, don't get me wrong, but if it came down to a choice between him and Lucina, I'd pick Lucina every time. But, if he is required for every chapter, then I will use them both even after I get Lucina.

Lucina's starting stats are partially dependant on Kroms stats as well. So it's even best for her for you to use Krom frequently up to her recruitment.

Edited by arvilino