Rate the Unit: Day 51 - Lyre

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode (JP Maniac). And only hard mode!

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends when the next RTU thread is posted (at this point, it's hard to tell).

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" or "Gives you Bronze Sword" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "she brings a Savior to the team" as an argument.

- BEXP is free to be used in any quantity on any character.

- Skills can be reassigned freely.

- No transfers.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise. I will not throw your vote out if I do not support your opinion. Possible reasons for a tossed vote include: your vote is higher/lower than the vast majority to "balance the score" and failure to justify a radically different score.

Averages:

Fiona: 1.20

Meg: 1.34

Kyza: 1.53

Astrid: 2.10

Lethe: 2.21

Vika: 2.40

Leonardo: 2.53

Lucia: 3.06

Danved: 3.11

Mist: 3.11

Rhys: 3.21

Tormod: 3.28

Rolf: 3.36

Brom: 3.56

Ilyana: 3.75

Makalov: 4.00

Nealuchi: 4.41

Tauroneo: 4.50

Geoffery: 4.50

Black Knight: 4.60

Maurim: 4.72

Kieran: 4.82

Aran: 4.92

Laura: 5.13

Ranulf: 5.14

Heather: 5.29

Soren: 5.45

Edward: 6.31

Micaiah: 6.50

Calill: 6.59

Boyd: 6.85

Mordecai: 7.17

Gatrie: 7.22

Marcia: 7.31

Zihark: 7.44

Nephenee: 7.74

Shinon: 7.90

Oscar: 8.11

Elincia: 8.21

Leanne: 8.38

Rafiel: 8.45

Mia: 8.45

Jill: 8.46

Volug: 8.87

Sothe: 8.93

Nailah: 9.00

Nolan: 9.06

Ike: 9.28

Titania: 9.76

Haar: 9.91

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lyre

Oh dear. Oh dear, sweet Jesus. Intelligent Systems, what have you done?

Lyre is what every unit doesn't want to be. Lyre has absolutely nothing going for her. I daresay Lyre cannot even be fixed as a unit.

So what is it that makes Lyre so awful? Well, do you remember how bad Mist was as a combat unit with her base 22 atk? Lyre's base atk is also 22. Only Lyre doesn't have 1-2 range and hasn't gotten a chance to level or build support like Mist, so she loses to Mist in raw damage output by 3-4 points per hit. To put into perspective, in her joining map she:

7 hit kills Warriors.

13-19 hit kills Halberdiers.

6 hit kills the weaker Swordmasters.

Is 3-4 atk short of even hurting Generals.

8 hit kills Snipers.

3-4 hit kills Sages. (Luckily for her, she doubles the slow ones)

Deals 1 damage to the Dragonmasters' 40-42 HP.

And Lyre is a combat unit! :awesome:

See, even an Energy Drop and a level of BEXP for Speed won't do much for her. She'll now be 5 hit killing the Warriors with a double (luckily enough), 6 hit killing the Halberdiers with a double, 4 hit killing the Swordmasters with no double, 1-2 damage to Generals....I think you get the picture. Lyre with resources is still a pile of failure.

And then there's durability. 47 HP, 14 Defense, and 16 Resistance always taking counters. Warriors, Halberdiers, and Snipers get her in 3, Swordmasters in 4, Generals in 3 again but the stronger ones leave her with 1 HP (or 2 if you gave her BEXP and she got HP) after 2 hits, Elfire Sages in 2. Yeah, she sucks on this end as well.

It does not end there. That level of BEXP I just fed her stops doubling as soon as 3-8, so she may need another for there, only now we're seeing that these BEXP levels are preventing her from getting the Strength she needs since Strength is her 5th highest growth 15% behind the 4th and only 5% above the 6th. Lyre also has her terrible Cat gauge limiting the kills she can be fed every map, she never has free deployment, none of the units joining around her want Defense or Avoid...What the hell happened here?

I can't do an accurate part 4 review because I can't imagine what level and stats would be reasonable. Are all her levels BEXP'd and getting only her higher growths? Is she being fed 15 kills per map so she can get to Rend asap? Is borderline doubling enough to get to S Strike in 6 maps? I don't know. However, given her bad growths, gauge, and lack of 2 range attacking, I cannot imagine she will be anything resembling a good unit ever without tons of attention. Worst unit in the game for me.

0/10

Edited by Golden Cucco

Same base attack as Mist, only sans 1-2 range and no healing utility. I think you can see where this is going.

In her joining map:

7 hit kills Warriors.

8 hit kills Snipers.

and guys guess what? She's a freaking combat unit!

0/10

Edited by Lucina

Same base attack as Mist, only sans 1-2 range and no healing utility. I think you can see where this is going.

In her joining map:

7 hit kills Warriors.

8 hit kills Snipers.

and guys guess what? She's a freaking combat unit!

0/10

Thanks for reminding me of that one. I edited accordingly.

About how shes better than ranulf, so starwave can come in and rage.

Okay. Lyre > Ranulf because boobies

v

Whatever, if a character doesn't have boobs and requires some thought to use their guaranteed to be scored lower.

Yes. Obviously.

Edited by CR-S01

I'mma be ludicrous:

She gets a 1/10 + 1 Bias from me, so a

Well, for starters, bias, and the 1/10 is for the very remote point of MAYBE being able get strong enough to take out the 4-2 generals. And that is a big maybe. As in probably not. But I hate having to send someone back of my main killers to get those. Of course other people can do that job better but we aren't comparing.

Now watch as this score isnt counted for being unreasonably high.

Edited by Vicious Sal

Best unit in the game. Can OHKO everything, and double them to boot (not that she'd need to, because she has 100 hit even against swordmasters on mountains while she's at her lowest biorhythm). Even better, she doesn't take damage, and if you hack the game so that she reaches 0 HP she just says "I guess I've got to be serious now" and enters Ultra Laguz form, which multiplies all her stats including HP, Move and Affinity by 10, and causes her to attack every enemy on the field at once, even before you input any commands. When you deploy her in 4-F-3, Dheginsea immediately makes Goldoa move 10,000 miles to the east.

I don't know why you'd even bother with training scrubs like Ike or Haar when you have the Invincible Queen of Combat, Lyre, available.

0/10 (-10 bias because I don't like her).

Edited by Baldrick

1340356310[/url]' post='2031496']

I give her a score of 1.5, because she's not as horrible as Fiona.

And add +1 Bias.

2.5/10.

inb4 Highest rating here.

Also, she's cute.

This shall not stand! I refuse, if you rate her a 2.5 i give her a 3/10 because i refuse to have someone else give the most ridiculous score. So i herby adjust my vote to a three out of ten because i forgot that she is indeed better than fiona.

This shall not stand! I refuse, if you rate her a 2.5 i give her a 3/10 because i refuse to have someone else give the most ridiculous score. So i herby adjust my vote to a three out of ten because i forgot that she is indeed better than fiona.

**brofist.

I wanna see some n00b rage.

Also, let's just go give 10/10 everyone, since RTU's aren't fun anymore and should be in FFTF now.

Because idiotic children caused the fe9 epilogue one to get locked, and the fe8 one had a lot of crying.

I think she might be the first to get a 0....

She's a piece of garbage. A cat with worse stats than Lethe and Ranulf. Not even the avialability of Lethe or base level of Ranulf to minimize the pain, if only slightly. But no. She's pathetic. 0/10

Well, for starters, bias, and the 1/10 is for the very remote point of MAYBE being able get strong enough to take out the 4-2 generals. And that is a big maybe. As in probably not. But I hate having to send someone back of my main killers to get those. Of course other people can do that job better but we aren't comparing.

Now watch as this score isnt counted for being unreasonably high.

Of course, how could I possibly forget that she can 42HKO those generals at the start. I must adjust my score. 4/10

edit: don't count this, obviously.

Edited by CR-S01

0/10

To the guys who gave her a 2~3+ score, we get it you have a penis / are trying to be funny. I've always loathed this character with a fiery passion.

Haven't you noticed?

We're drafters, we got used to using her.

She's so ridiculous, surely better than bringing base Edward to Tower Solo.

:awesome: