Rate the Unit: Day 51 - Lyre

Ive been able to use her effectively without costing turns in normal mode. Its doable with BEXP to .99 and blossom and getting her to S strike. Then, BEXP to level 30 after she caps skl spd with blossom and sign her.

Yeah ive done that too. She can S her strike level quickly if you are spamming her. But that was my recipe for an almost god-like Lyre. Still, its quite of love she needs to get anywhere.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So do you and sal share a brain? You both share the same tastes in bad characters, and you both make horribly illogical and biased votes depending on a characters sexiness! (Honestly Lyre is just one of the least attractive FE chicks in the series!)

Stil haven't bothered to read the rules I see.

edit: fuck drafters

With the exception of like,

Dondon. Colonel M, Mekkah, Anouleth, and Florina

Most the the serious RTU votes came from drafters.

Yes.

Severian, Octavian, CR, etc.

Have drafted.

Get used to seeing us, cause we're here to stay.

You just made my day for taking that seriously.

Edit: And where did I bring sexiness in my vote except for the + 1 bias? And since when do you get to decide what I find sexy? That's only possible if we share a brain as well! 8D

Because Drafters are bro.

Fun fact: In a normal mode draft, I got her to S strike in 3-7, blossom helped her str stat and she got pretty good stats overall. The only real contribution she made to LTC'ing the draft was in 4-2. And that was only because of her monstruous avo, rend and stuff. But if someone hit her, she got like 3HKO'd because even blossom didnt make her proc def. Shes awful even with favoritism (which drafts practically force). Not as awful as Fiona though, IMO. But fiona has utility in HM, like chipping with a javelin in 3-6 for dropping gauge or trading items and canto'ing to safety. Lyre is just pure combat even if shes salvaged.

How about the time where one has to do a Leo+Fiona solo for the DB and still get a decent TC?

ohohohoho....

ufufufufufu...

My pleasure..... >=3

**drafting brofist

Yeah, an OP that bans good votes just to get pleasure from "ripping apart" a fictional character. laugh.gif

He's a drafting bro too.

Ive been able to use her effectively without costing turns in normal mode. Its doable with BEXP to .99 and blossom and getting her to S strike. Then, BEXP to level 30 after she caps skl spd with blossom and sign her.

But this is NM, and HM drafts are like a big.

"Fuck You" to many drafters.

I've tried one, but didn't get Lyre.

I've done HM, and tried to use Lyre.

So awesome, she contributes to p4 SIlver Army ROutes.

Im not a drafter, but i have played the game and used just about everyone (save like two units) at least more than once. I dont Hard Mode but, its not hard to actually like, calculate how a unit would perform there. If they are good in EM or NM, they will be ok in HM. If they are AWESOME in EM/NM they will be damn good in HM, etc. Its just...how it is.

:P:

Im not a drafter, but i have played the game and used just about everyone (save like two units) at least more than once. I dont Hard Mode but, its not hard to actually like, calculate how a unit would perform there. If they are good in EM or NM, they will be ok in HM. If they are AWESOME in EM/NM they will be damn good in HM, etc. Its just...how it is.

:P:

-Illyana and Rolf are decent in NM/EM, but become smelly in HM.

-Aran/Zihark/Edward are great in EM/NM, but fall behind in HM.

-Soren is capable of being the main GM in NM, but is shakier in HM.

Well, HM really doesn't pull its punches.

HM really kills off the viability of a lot of units because of the halved exp gain and 1/4 Bexp, so anyone whose bases are not easy to get up to par are difficult to use. This is why I think HM drafts are silly, because so many less units are 'usable' and the whole point of drafting is to find a way to effectively use everyone.

With the exception of like,

Dondon. Colonel M, Mekkah, Anouleth, and Florina

Most the the serious RTU votes came from drafters.

Yes.

Severian, Octavian, CR, etc.

Have drafted.

Get used to seeing us, cause we're here to stay.

Because Drafters are bro.

I don't really have a problem with drafters in general, just as long as they vote based on their experiences in hard mode instead of their experiences in NM.

See, I like you as a poster an all but I don't really find this acceptable in any way. You need PLAY HM in order to come up with proper opinions on units in that field of play I can't tell you to stop voting (honestly I don't mind your votes actually) but its not something I condone. (not that i'm like some perfect being! Just saying how I feel)

PS: I agree with the above, I don't really like the concept of drafting on HM.

Edited by Starwave

[/size][/color]

I don't really have a problem with drafters in general, just as long as they vote based on their experiences in hard mode instead of their experiences in NM.

PS: I agree with the above, I don't really like drafting on HM.

But.

WE ARE.

We're just stating that it's possible to make her a decent unit in NM drafts.

BEsides, we've found ways to make Vika useful for endgame.

And besides, drafts mean a smaller teams, and thus a better CEXP pool for units.

Go try one or two.

You guys better stop taking RTUs seriously.

Edited by Sharpy

**slams head against wall**

RTUs, kindly jump off a cliff.

You guys all need to calm down and chill. Starwave and Sharpy, you're both coming off awfully condescending in your posts. I don't really see what the big deal is. Sure, some people like to make obvious troll votes. Just ignore them, and let the person tallying them decide whether to throw them out or not. Also, let's NOT start a minor war between the drafting crowd and the non-drafters. It won't end well. It just WON'T.

So please, I can understand why you guys want to debate. Let's just keep it civil, all right?

**slams head against wall**

RTUs, kindly jump off a cliff.

You guys all need to calm down and chill. Starwave and Sharpy, you're both coming off awfully condescending in your posts. I don't really see what the big deal is. Sure, some people like to make obvious troll votes. Just ignore them, and let the person tallying them decide whether to throw them out or not. Also, let's NOT start a minor war between the drafting crowd and the non-drafters. It won't end well. It just WON'T.

So please, I can understand why you guys want to debate. Let's just keep it civil, all right?

I'm not.

I'm just saying that alot of the people voting in RTUs are also drafters.

And, besides, RTUs shouldn't be taken seriously anymore, this has gotten stupid, with idiotic kids just taking things too seriously.

I request that all RTUs be put in FFTF.

I request that all RTUs fall off a cliff and burn.

I request that we travel back in time and convince Elieson to not start this trend.

People getting all huffy over this......

Really?

I actually find it odd that people are arguing about the ratings. I mean, there is nothing in the rules that say you have to rate them according to efficiency or LTC or any specific set of criteria at all, just "gameplay performance", which is vague. Obviously I can choose to spend 50 turns on Lyre's joining chapter and she will have good performance for the rest of the game, and there is nothing in the rules that forbid this kind of play or even ask you take it into account. Essentially I can give whatever rating I want, as long as it is in line with how I normally play HM.

I request that we travel back in time and convince Elieson to not start this trend.

Really?

It mainly started with the end of the FE9 RTU, and then shitstorms proceeded to happen. The FE5 one was halted for a while, IIRC, the FE8 RTU results were bumped up causing a bit of flaming, and now this.

It mainly started with the end of the FE9 RTU, and then shitstorms proceeded to happen. The FE5 one was halted for a while, IIRC, the FE8 RTU results were bumped up causing a bit of flaming, and now this.

I also remember a stink (and a pretty big one, at that) being raised in the Shadow Dragon RTU.

Edited by Golden Cucco

HM really kills off the viability of a lot of units because of the halved exp gain and 1/4 Bexp, so anyone whose bases are not easy to get up to par are difficult to use. This is why I think HM drafts are silly, because so many less units are 'usable' and the whole point of drafting is to find a way to effectively use everyone.

Yeah...Thats what i figured. I like using anyone i want. Not just those ball stompingly awesome units. So i dont hard mode.

I actually find it odd that people are arguing about the ratings. I mean, there is nothing in the rules that say you have to rate them according to efficiency or LTC or any specific set of criteria at all, just "gameplay performance", which is vague. Obviously I can choose to spend 50 turns on Lyre's joining chapter and she will have good performance for the rest of the game, and there is nothing in the rules that forbid this kind of play or even ask you take it into account. Essentially I can give whatever rating I want, as long as it is in line with how I normally play HM.

Its kind of why i think rating via hard mode is a little silly. Because not everyone plays it but just about anyone whos played RD for any length of time and subsequent playthroughs knows who most units turn out on average. Why is hard mode the standard? Majority of people have played NM. *shrug*

And that's why RTUs are a bad concept

No they arent. Its just people making mountains out of molehills. I love the concept because i like seeing how other people rate my favorite units. Even when they rate my favorite guys all "eww this guy sucks." Its still interesting to see. I think its just that people get too huffy about just about anything here in general. RTUs were meant to be fun. Im still having fun with them. I like rating them. Even when people want to argue my points, im all "well ok...but this is how i do it, so yeah man." And sometimes i read some interesting stuff about how other people make units work. Like my Lyre recipe. Someone might try that for shits and giggles someday and go "lol! This actually works. Its a pain in my ass, but it fucking works!" So yeah. Of course people are gonna disagree. So what? Just go with it and have fun. Learn why they disagree. Theres no need to mudsling just because one guy hates Mia and loves Ranulf. I made a jest about how a lot of people rated Soren but butthurt wasnt a part of it.

:(: I kinda wish people here werent so high strung.

Really?

Please, flattery will get you nowhere ~

If someone wants to tally this, feel free. Otherwise I'll do it in the morning.

Way too tired.

If I'm tallying it I'm rating that 7/10 and I wont take bias into account, which also means there will be a 10/10!

I would just like to say that I think I have a solution to this problem.

A "No whining/flaming/arguing" rule for the RTUs!

And all of a sudden, only newbies vote in RTUs, while everyone else who's been on SF before the fe13 Forums were created-don't bother.