Modchip question

Big Klingy

He's asking if he can use a modchip to import the America version of RD, since it hasn't been released in Australia. Modchips let you play forghen games, I think. My friend's PS2 can play Japanese games, and I think that's what he's talking about.

Or I could just be an idiot. :D

Yeah, you bloody lucky Americans get to play so many games while we have to spend $100 on modchipping >_>

I use Wiikey myself, though you need to have the earlier version of the Wii to have it working. Seing as you probably live in Australia, check this page to find places that do modchipping for Wiikey. Also check here and here for info on the Wiikey.

I recommend that you ring all of the shops listed for prices and whatnot. Also, the discount "code" is expired, don't bother. I only got mine chipped like a week ago, playing my JP RD that I bought in Japan for $20 =D

He's asking if he can use a modchip to import the America version of RD, since it hasn't been released in Australia. Modchips let you play forghen games, I think. My friend's PS2 can play Japanese games, and I think that's what he's talking about.

Or I could just be an idiot. :D

Exactly.

Yeah, you bloody lucky Americans get to play so many games while we have to spend $100 on modchipping >_>

I use Wiikey myself, though you need to have the earlier version of the Wii to have it working. Seing as you probably live in Australia, check this page to find places that do modchipping for Wiikey. Also check here and here for info on the Wiikey.

I recommend that you ring all of the shops listed for prices and whatnot. Also, the discount "code" is expired, don't bother. I only got mine chipped like a week ago, playing my JP RD that I bought in Japan for $20 =D

There's a wiikey that can be used on the most recent Wii model, but it requires like 25 wires. all that soldering... eww...

Another question.

Will an imported RD try to do a system update. The last update my Wii had was from Super Mario Galaxy (the PAL version), which i'm sure was released after RD, so it should be the latest version.

I'm asking because if RD does do an update, it will try to do a US update on a PAL console, which may have dangerous consequences...

• 3 weeks later...

Urgent: help needed.

I now have a Wiikey mod in my console AND an official US Radient Dawn. Whenever I insert the disk in asks for an update, DESPITE the fact that I have the latest firmware (3.1) I know that letting it update will crash the system, so is there anything I can do to stop it?