Classes you want in DLC

Andreyas

So we're unclear what the next DLC could be, so I'm curious as to what the next available class could be if there is one? Well, I for one am hoping for one thing!

HALBERDIER!

Weapon Ranks: Lance, Axe(?) perhaps

Skills would be

- Defence +10 (which would be nice for anyone)

- Impale (x4 damage just like in RD)

Not really much else I can think of except they would look similiar to what they look like in PoR/RD

What would you like to see?

I would LIKE to see a bird variation of Taguels/Manaketes, but that would be extremely unlikely.

And playable soldiers/halberdiers. I just don't get why they weren't used as playable classes this time around.

Edited by sallas09

You're a few weeks late. There isn't going to be a next DLC class.

If they had anything else in mind, they would have put it into LvD2 to give it something interesting and unique instead of being boring. They didn't.

Not even for NA release?

Can't imagine it getting DLC the American release doesn't get.

Edited by Othin

Not even for NA release?

If you mean making it NA exclusive, it's not happening .Withholding content from the japanese audience ? lol

Also if I am not mistaken Othin said that current DLC maps have characters with max stats and full skillsets so in terms of that DLC has to stop early fall (unless they want to release maximum everything enemy maps)

Edited by Velth

If you mean making it NA exclusive, it's not happening .Withholding content from the japanese audience ? lol

That's not what I meant. I thought maybe with an NA release there could be more DLC. I guess not... never mind.

So we're unclear what the next DLC could be, so I'm curious as to what the next available class could be if there is one? Well, I for one am hoping for one thing!

HALBERDIER!

Weapon Ranks: Lance, Axe(?) perhaps

Skills would be

- Defence +10 (which would be nice for anyone)

- Impale (x4 damage just like in RD)

Not really much else I can think of except they would look similiar to what they look like in PoR/RD

What would you like to see?

It's always bothered me that Halberdiers couldn't at least wield Halberds. It's in their class title for gods sake!!

Also if I am not mistaken Othin said that current DLC maps have characters with max stats and full skillsets so in terms of that DLC has to stop early fall (unless they want to release maximum everything enemy maps)

There are two remaining DLC maps. One will be released in two weeks; the other will be released in four weeks.

Ike and Eliwood.

To get the FE4/7 characters to not conflict, they could've gone with Celice/Eliwood or Sigurd/Lyn, getting a Swordmaster and a Paladin either way. They went with the former. Hector isn't happening because he didn't appear in the ST or LvD maps, while the other DLC characters - including Eliwood and Lyn - did.

Assuming they go beyond their initial plans for the DLC, what I'd like to see would be some kind of Laguz/Taguel class. I guess it'd be weird to give that to random characters, but it'd be just an extremely unique addition compared to everything else we've seen.

Alternatively, and I guess this isn't a popular opinion here, something else really out there like the Bride class (although hopefully without the unfortunate implications). Something traditional like a Halberdier (with a bunch of extra weapon types thrown him to not leave it behind the other classes I guess) doesn't seem as appealing to me as extra content. It'd just make me ask why that wasn't in the main game.

Eliwood will be a Paladin. He's appeared with that class several times, and with Sigurd absent, it's available. Probably not a coincidence.

Ike has appeared as a Hero, but it doesn't seem like he'll join with that class. Micaiah had her class changed from Mage because it would've been redundant with Cellica's: if Ike was a Hero while Roy is a Mercenary, they'd have the same problem. On the other hand, Ike has to join here. LvD's setting confirms it. Meanwhile, he'll be announced immediately after Paris's release, and with the obvious associations, it seems like he'll take on the same class as the one Paris will join with.

Princess (FE2/FE4): Sword, Magic. Staff

Skills: Charisma, Corona

Free Knight/Forest Knight (Jugdral serie): Sword only (Horseback)

Skills: Cancel, Casanova (Like Secluded Lady for boys)

Halberdier (Tellus serie): Lance Only

Skills: Fortune, Impale

Gold Knight (FE2): Lance, Axe, Bow (Horseback)

Skills: Demon Slayer (usefull against Revenant & Entombed), Resolve

Ballistician (FE1/11): Bow Only

Skills: Long Range (Bow range +2), Shade

Baron (FE4): All except Dark (Armour)

Skills: Provoke, Defence +10

Wait, so all the DLC we know about is all the DLC we are ever going to get? How do we know this?

The DLC so far has followed a progression and patterns and it seems like they're about to end those with two more updates. There's nothing stopping them from making further DLC afterwards, but it's pretty clear they had a set planned since the beginning and that set seems like its near its ending.

There actually have been Squeenix games that get released in US with more content than the JP games, though JP then usually gets the content later.

Whether that would happen with something like FE is another story.

There actually have been Squeenix games that get released in US with more content than the JP games, though JP then usually gets the content later.

Whether that would happen with something like FE is another story.

You know, something people seem forgetting here is that the DLC isn't in the carts. They're clearly following a pattern so far with it, and that pattern might end in one month with two updates, but they could still easily add more later after they're done with this pattern, not following the progression or pattern of the initially planned extra content.

Edited by NeonZ

You know, something people seem forgetting here is that the DLC isn't in the carts. They're clearly following a pattern so far with it, and that pattern might end in one month with two updates, but they could still easily add more later after they're done with this pattern, not following the progression or pattern of the initially planned extra content.

Adding more a year from now on a game like this with DLC that are very small content updates?Unless the game becomes a cash cow for them it's not likely, I think it's you who forgets that people who work there have other projects to work on including planning the next FE considering how well this one did in Japan.

Also when did anyone ever think that paid DLC would be in the carts? , maybe marth was but he was free for like a month and half! Having release plans for DLC doesn't mean it's in the cart it means they have a thought out process and don't do things on the fly.

Bottom line is DLC this frequent with this kind of content doesn't last for a year, what are they gonna do?give stages with fully maxed enemies with awesome skills? whats the point of difficulties then, since that happens in lunatic already.

Hawkeye I understand what you mean (even I though I can't recall any game that does that.) but this game is a first party title that relies predominantly in Japanese sales I don't think they are stupid enough to withhold content from their core audience.