Classes you want in DLC

Andreyas

It's always bothered me that Halberdiers couldn't at least wield Halberds. It's in their class title for gods sake!!

Which is the reason why I would prefer it if the sentinel becomes the regular promotion for the soldier^^

I would also love to see the soldier becoming playable through dlc,but even if we'd get more dlc maps,than expected,it would be highly unlikely,because they wouldn't give us another lance only speciall class and it would be complicated to make the soldier/sentinel a DLC-class as Tier1/Tier2-classes.

Adding more a year from now on a game like this with DLC that are very small content updates?Unless the game becomes a cash cow for them it's not likely

We don't know how the DLC itself is performing, but sales-wise it looks like this will end up as the second best selling game in this series.

Adding more a year from now on a game like this with DLC that are very small content updates?
I think it's you who forgets that people who work there have other projects to work on including planning the next FE considering how well this one did in Japan.

Can't you see how you contradict yourself there? The DLC isn't too heavy, so they could make more without sacrificing the development of the next game. Like I said though, the game has been a big success in sales, but we don't have data on the DLC itself, so it'd hard to say if they'd continue to make more afterwards. If this DLC has been as successful as the game itself though, I see no reason to stop.

Bottom line is DLC this frequent with this kind of content doesn't last for a year, what are they gonna do?give stages with fully maxed enemies with awesome skills? whats the point of difficulties then, since that happens in lunatic already.

Your argument there is only relevant to this current batch and its progression, it's utterly irrelevant to any future plans the developers might have. They could make lower level maps, they could make maps that use things different from armies of Spotpass characters as enemies... There's a lot that can be done if they make new plans for DLC, rather than just the current batch turning out to be bigger than expected, which, yes, doesn't seem likely at this point.

because they wouldn't give us another lance only speciall class and it would be complicated to make the soldier/sentinel a DLC-class as Tier1/Tier2-classes.

The way Spotpass characters seem to work, they could give us one with "Soldier" as its initial class, but then only that one character would have access to it anyway, it wouldn't be added to every character in the game. As it stands though, even that seems unlikely considering the how the only possible soldier in the Spotpass list is female, and there isn't a female soldier model in the game already. The other character who could end up as a Lancer (Ephraim) will likely be a prepromote like all other Spotpass lords, so he'll likely start as a Great Knight, like his DLC version and have no Soldier class.

Edited by NeonZ

It is worth noting that SpotPass Ephraim appears in RvB2 and LvD2 as a Great Knight as well; it's not restricted to his DLC version.

We don't know how the DLC itself is performing, but sales-wise it looks like this will end up as the second best selling game in this series.

Can't you see how you contradict yourself there? The DLC isn't too heavy, so they could make more without sacrificing the development of the next game. Like I said though, the game has been a big success in sales, but we don't have data on the DLC itself, so it'd hard to say if they'd continue to make more afterwards. If this DLC has been as successful as the game itself though, I see no reason to stop.

I am talking about sales in the US reaching that point where they just want to milk it for money . Japan sales don't matter anymore for US, it got enough popularity to warrant it a international release , my point was clear when I said "a year from now"the fuck would japan care about DLC sales a year from now?it's not like DLC sells like damn hotcakes(I'm pretty sure we'd know by now if it did.) , the only reason everyone here goes crazy about it is because fanboyism runs rampant in this community and everyone wants to see their favorite character in a redesign. so no I didn't contradict myself I merely stated that stuff will not be added for the sake of commemorating the US release when that time can be better spent at other projects.The dlc might not be content-heavy but it still takes time to make and unless it's absolutely guaranteed to make alot of money new dlc will not be made a year from now , because lest we forget, NoJ makes them ,you really think a year from now FE13 will still be relevant to NoJ business schedule ?

There's a lot that can be done if they make new plans for DLC, rather than just the current batch turning out to be bigger than expected, which, yes, doesn't seem likely at this point.

There is no denying that alot can be done with DLC .But think of it this way,if they released everything anyone wants (ranging from classes to characters) what would be left for the next game? which is most likely to have DLC as well since it seems that's the direction Nintendo as a company wants to steer in, a little late to the party, but they want to get there as fast as possible and they don't want to get the bad publicity other companies get for DLC so they are "trying" things (lol @coin rush stages DLC wonder what they are gonna try next )

Edited by Velth

I am talking about sales in the US reaching that point where they just want to milk it for money . Japan sales don't matter anymore for US, it got enough popularity to warrant it a international release , my point was clear when I said "a year from now"the fuck would japan care about DLC sales a year from now?

"American-only DLC made to commemorate the USA release" is a stupid idea, that's why I didn't use it. I did mention a different scenario though where more DLC is viable.

There is no denying that alot can be done with DLC .But think of it this way,if they released everything anyone wants (ranging from classes to characters) what would be left for the next game?

Awakening's DLC has several obvious limitations due to the late implementation of DLC hooks in the game. There are several basic improvements to the system that later FE games can easily adopt if they're built with DLC in mind.