halfrohp's 2nd sprite drop off & correctional facility

Tchyrimi

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

EyUneI9.png

Who says princesses with puffy shoulders can't use swords? I know the shading is pretty whack, so I'm still working on that. If anyone can suggest how to muck with it that'd be gucci.

I also decided to include my less-than-half-assed attempt at making my own neighbor from when that was the craze around here. Never touching it again.

Edited by Tchyrimi or halfrohp

Is that... Is that a manatee? :v

Cool?(didn't picture you as a manatee? XD ) I couldn't decide if I wanted to do a sheep or a sheep dog myself. :p

Blonde has neck that needs to be defined. It's just looking undefined and rather large for a delicate looking individual. Wide necks like those generally indicate some sort of bulk/working out. Typically a delicate princess type(if that is the type) would have a slender neck.

The Red head... Her hair has a blue streak? It doesn't look like last of her hair... Seems more like something like a feather.

Body also looks like Wil... I know its custom, but the colors... Maybe a different color scheme would help differ a bit more. Or some more accessories? :)

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I know it's been another really long stretch of time, but I lost my laptop at school a while ago. I got myself a new one, but I only recently decided to start back in the whole Fire Emblem thing. A whole lotta shit happened this semester. I want to start a project, but it's gonna take a while for it to unfold the way I want. I don't have any money to pay anyone, but if anyone wants to help it would be greatly appreciated.

Also all of my other sprites are gone except for the ones still up on here and TEB.

Edited by Tchyrimi or halfrohp

Ah harsh bud. Sorry to hear that.

Cool to hear you are looking into doing a project!(me too) Anyways, I'm always down for helping cool people. So yeah... I'm pretty busy, but would love to help out however I can. ;)

I'm not promising that this is going to go anywhere fast, or at all, but to start off I need someone who can draw me a reference for Siegfried from Soul Calibur 1.

yhgjry0.png

I already got started on it, but I don't feel like I could go any farther without a ref. Yeah, yeah. Practice.

The project, for which I promise nothing, is basically to follow Sieg as a main character through some of the events of the Soul Calibur series. I want to give FEXNA a shot. this is happening

• 2 months later...

The jar's a tiny bit asymmetric, which it probably wouldn't be if it was manufactured in the real world, so to fix that, I think that changing the yellow and orange pixels at the absolute right side of the lid to brown might avoid the appearance of asymmetry while keeping lid exactly as drawn. (Alternatively, you could shrink the entire lid by 1 pixel of width and bring the right side of the jar in diagonally like the left side, but that might make the shape of the jar look weird.)

Outside of that, the only thing that I can notice would just be additional "shading" for the icon - most of the icons don't usually solely use the black outline color as the outline. They usually mix in some of the darker purple and even the brown, depending on the icon, what it's representing, and the overall color and brightness of the icon (see how the Iron Rune uses the brown as the top and left border colors due to the lighting and the color of the item).

The label looks like a label, from appearance down to even giving off the vibe of the material that a label on a jar would be made out of, at 16x16 and with the label covering most of it, the red and orange blend nicely to give off the appearance of a substance that would be interpreted as jam if labelled as such, the lid has an appropriate light source to make it seem more "metallic", etc. ...Actually, saying that last one, I do have two more thoughts/suggestions: 1) instead of using orange on the lid, maybe use the red/grey color from the palette? (You've used it at the bottom left of the label, but for possibly quicker finding, it's also the color that's right above the yellow swatch on the palette provided in v1.0 of the icon tutorial I have posted on the site.) and 2) since you've got a light source enough to show the "metallic" nature of the lid, and I assume the jar is made of a glass-like material, maybe there should be a bit of a spot highlight/reflection on the glass near the top left portion of the jar? Might not blend well with the lid or label being that close, though.

Edited by Lord Glenn

• 3 months later...

oVff8Qm.png

Hey pholks. I did things look at them.

1. A (super racist) brute-looking map sprite. Idk if I'll do anything more with it.

2. Multiple attempts at a cow, with male and female versions. They feel off to me and idk why. Should I even bother with spots?

3. Some 'Militiamen', aka Villagers with weapons. I'd be interested in continuing these, maybe.

4. Ghost Hand boooooOOOOOOooooOOOOooooo... ...bies. Definitely want feedback on this one. I plan to -ahem- flesh it out.

5. An archer for another of my "THIS IS HAPPENING" hacks. His name is Kan. Is the hair low enough to warrant no eyes?

6. Another character. He's going to be a cavalier once I finish up the base. His name is Alto. I feel like his eyes are wrong.

7. I tried to make the cleaver used by Death Sword in Twilight Princess, but I wasn't sure how the runes turned out so I went ahead and made a 'generic' cleaver type thing, with a Silver version too.

8. Next, we have some alternate things for the boss/VIP shield icon. A heart, an angel, and a scale.

9. Jam, a shaman and another character I had planned. I was rusty af when I was making him, so I ended up just splicing him.

Now for something cool.

1wkVkVd.png

I'm gonna make the other weapons later. A sword possessed by a ghost. The frames aren't all lined up here, but I'm sure we all understand that it floats up and down. Eventually I'm going to take a stab at battle sprites, and we'll have some dope shife.

I'm gonna make the other weapons later. A sword possessed by a ghost. The frames aren't all lined up here, but I'm sure we all understand that it floats up and down. Eventually I'm going to take a stab at battle sprites, and we'll have some dope shife.

I think that you should actually have directionality for the move frames, but it would be pretty cool regardless.

• 3 years later...