halfrohp's 2nd sprite drop off & correctional facility

Tchyrimi

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, I'm just gonna occasionally flood this thing from now on. Thought you were safe from me didn't you?

[spoiler=Portraits]yRTAU.png Warren, a nomad

UUDIh.png Ohonen, a sage or Nomad Trooper (you know what I'm gonna decide)

YqG8o.png Fixed Wolf a little.

gW2Kb.png Erin

zLqSU.png Random splice with a wonky nose.

31p1j.png Hector Ugalde Jimenez the 14th.

sSfhX.png Costumes! Halloween is fun.

[spoiler=Even more emotes.]XqMPM.gif

Xzw8o.png

rCDp9.png

nUoAy.png

CG0Ar.gifD5tut.png

nUoAy.png

Edited by Tchyrimi

I like Ohonen but he is defently a Sage maybe a ranger, Erin is also cool but the one on the left is has a very weird collar.

"Random splice with a wonky nose" has a very thin neck IMO.

Warren looks like he's hunched over.

The other ones are normal.

P.S. You're getting better.

Fixing his sageness even though that was the original idea. As for Erin, the right collar shading annoyed me at first, so I made the left one. Random splice was due to my laziness and lack of inspiration that day.

Working on Warren as of right now.

• 1 month later...

hiKgW.png If I can't figur out the collar shading on the left one I'll use one of the other ones.

2MbmH.png Something about the outline of the face... Hmmmmmmm...

WGZyc.png Ohonen is almost done, I just need to move those headband ties.

Edited by Tchyrimi

• 3 weeks later...

I'm liking that face, the eyes are pretty neat looking, I like the stylization. Chin could stand to be moved a pixel to the left though, at the moment it's not really lining up with the center of his face. He's got a pretty round head in general too, might want to take it in a pixel on the left, or reshape the hair to make it taller and a bit less wide. Overall the hair could use more AA near the face, in addition, right now where the hair touches the face it's very dark, that color is nearly as dark as the border color, and makes for a very harsh line.

Mouth doesn't really look totally FE-style also, usually there's a pretty significant fade in the center of the mouth where they only use the yellow-y skin tone so that only the edges of the mouth are dark, that's up to you though.

Another thing to note is that the sleeves are pretty short, especially for a t-shirt on a male, it's not really a problem if it was intentional.

SAGW5.png I moved the head in to the left a pixel and fixed the mouth. I'm not sure if I completely got the hair, and the sleeve length was intentional because I planned to turn this into a personal mug and most of my T-shirts have really short sleeves. Thank you for the input Mew. Edited by Tchyrimi

369f910b54f0f2a3aba5f413ff943354.png?1356639263

Maybe this will help? Moved the chin/hair/head around a little

edit: my computer likes to saturate colors so the colors in my version aren't correct

Edited by Mewiyev

Yeah looking better. It's not really that the hair lacks shading, its more that it isn't shaded consistently to show each strand of his hair. Also neck looks good now, but anyways..

83fdab8c3fac14114d542c7feb599ab7.png

The guy in this picture has sort of a similar hairstyle, although longer. The hair strands all point/flow towards one area on the top. In your sprite, the top of the head isn't really flowing in the same direction as all of the rest of the hair, and it seems like you gave him a part on the right side of the head, which if I'm not mistaken, would hardly be showing at that angle. This isn't exactly the easiest thing to portray though, especially with pixels, I'm still not so fantastic with hair myself ;v

I also noticed that OPV right shoulder is pretty straight on top, might want to match it with the left shoulder a bit more evenly

HHkL0.png Wasn't sure what to do near the top.

That's better but its kinda pillowy towards the top now, also it's looking a bit bowl cut-ish now that you took off the strands of hair that were sticking out. Now the head is looking super round. For the top I'd suggest doing something like Kent, pretty minimal shading with a little cowlick. Kent's hair also gets larger towards the top left since he's at a 3/4 angle, perhaps add more mass to the hair on OPV left? Putting the strands that were on it before would probably help with that. Keep it up!