RvB3: Lyn

Othin

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/afej/dlc/dlc_0705.html

Yep. And from the looks of things, she's definitely another Swordmaster: she has the dual swords, as well as the neck thingy that Sairi has.

Seems you also get an item to learn Iote's Shield. Shouldn't be hard to guess what that does.

Edited by Othin

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I can see from the art, it looks like it's going to be a cool picture unless there's something catastrophic happening on the bottom half. Still, another swordmaster is a little disappointing. Celice should have been a paladin instead if this was going to be the case, unless we have more DLC coming than what was predicted and Nintendo doesn't care about redundancy as much as we thought.

Edit: For whatever reason I couldn't see the full art before but now I can. Out of all the females, she's definitely stayed the truest to her original appearance. The feet are kind of weird but I can accept it as a style choice.

Edited by Samias

Othin, reporting it first? Odd. Also odd that they seem to be breaking their pattern. Perhaps they wanted to keep Lyn's image of using the Sol Katti primarily over her extra weapons.

Well, I was watching for it. Otherwise I'd be asleep by now.

What I don't get is why they went with Celice in the first place if they planned to release Lyn. I'd expect them to go either Sigurd/Lyn or Celice/Eliwood for one Swordmaster and one Paladin, but they didn't.

Fuck you IS. Eliwood's going to be the only fucking main character to not be included, isn't he? I can't believe I stayed up for this.

No sign of Sigurd, either. But yeah, this is bizarre.

I'd much rather have an Assassin Lyn, as then you get her bows and Swords. :/

(Plus still doing Grandmaster Celica to get her swords)

as·sas·sin/əˈsasin/

Noun:

A murderer of an important person in a surprise attack for political or religious reasons.

A member of the a branch of Ismaili Muslims (1094–1256), renowned as violent militant fanatics.

does that sound like Lyn to you

seriously how did anyone ever think that could have been plausible or a good idea

Of course, you can still reclass her to Assassin if you're that interested in throwing away her personal weapon. If that's all you meant, then never mind. But it never would have made any sense for her to be set with Assassin as her original class.

Reclass makes everything better. Though I must say, what does this mean for the rest of the DLC? How many so we have left? We only have Hector and Eliwood left besides Ike for options if they don't give Sigurd DLC treatment on account of him dying and the world being left to Gen 2 and there isn't much for extra maps to release. I still say they may release a 5 star final set just because of those lords oddly being left out and they can max out the foes in every stat and give them hack forges.

Huh, that's really weird. Hector I could have understood if he made it over Eliwood, but Lyn? Really?

I guess they're making Sigurd a paladin now.

Oh my Lyn! What small feet you have.

Everything is fine on the top half of her but once you see the legs and how they start to shrink. Yeah...

Trick of perspective I think. It looks like she's standing on her toes for some weird reason.

Uh, I don't know anything about art, so I'm going to believe this one...

Holy shit a female character with good art that accurately portrays the character? It looks like the Etrian Odyssey artist to me.

as·sas·sin/əˈsasin/

Noun:

A murderer of an important person in a surprise attack for political or religious reasons.

A member of the a branch of Ismaili Muslims (1094–1256), renowned as violent militant fanatics.

does that sound like Lyn to you

yeah cause Matthew fits that to a t. You're overthinking this.

edit: I'm a tad disappointed she wasn't drawn by Nomura btw

Edited by Momo

Huh, that's really weird. Hector I could have understood if he made it over Eliwood, but Lyn? Really?

Lyn is slightly more important than Hector, since Lyn gets her own mode while Hector's is just a ripoff of Eliwood's and isn't even playable until beating the game once. And Eliwood is more important than Sigurd, since Sigurd shares the spotlight with Celice in FE4 while Eliwood is the clear main character of FE7. Of course, it would've been better if both of them had gotten in instead of secondary lords like Elincia and Lyn.

Lyn is slightly more important than Hector, since Lyn gets her own mode while Hector's is just a ripoff of Eliwood's and isn't even playable until beating the game once. And Eliwood is more important than Sigurd, since Sigurd shares the spotlight with Celice in FE4 while Eliwood is the clear main character of FE7. Of course, it would've been better if both of them had gotten in instead of secondary lords like Elincia and Lyn.

There is some deeply flawed logic pervading this post. laugh.gif

Weapons.

Blade Lord has Bows and Swords. Assassin has bows and swords. :/:

Secondary weapon access is trivial.

Reclass makes everything better. Though I must say, what does this mean for the rest of the DLC? How many so we have left? We only have Hector and Eliwood left besides Ike for options if they don't give Sigurd DLC treatment on account of him dying and the world being left to Gen 2 and there isn't much for extra maps to release. I still say they may release a 5 star final set just because of those lords oddly being left out and they can max out the foes in every stat and give them hack forges.

There is no possibility of a five star map set. I've explained this over and over and over.

Sigurd's chances of being DLC evaporated when Cellica showed up. There's only room for one character left, and it has to be Ike.

yeah cause Matthew fits that to a t. You're overthinking this.

Matthew doesn't start as an Assassin, and as a spy, he could believably be contracted into the first definition. Lyn... couldn't.

Edited by Othin

This really makes me wonder why Peacock Celice was necessary.

Also I have no idea what Iote's shield does, so someone fill me in

As I (accidentally) said in another topic, Celice being a Swordmaster instead of a Paladin (which is virtually identical to Knight Lord) points towards at least one Paladin DLC coming up.

There is no possibility of a five star map set. I've explained this over and over and over.

1) I dunno, seems pretty non-trivial to me. Having a character use the weapons she used in her original game seems more relevant than fitting the arbitrary class distinctions that nobody fits anyway (Matthew and Colm don't fit that description either).

2) I think IS has pretty much broken any pattern.

1) I dunno, seems pretty non-trivial to me. Having a character use the weapons she used in her original game seems more relevant than fitting the arbitrary class distinctions that nobody fits anyway (Matthew and Colm don't fit that description either, and neither do the dozens of units in FE13 you can reclass into assassin. Who cares.). I agree that you're overthinking this.

2) I think IS has pretty much broken any pattern.

Matthew doesn't start as an Assassin, and as a spy, he could believably be contracted into the first definition. Lyn... couldn't.

She murders political figures all the time, doing it somewhat stealthily is not really that big of a stretch.