Perfect Team

I don't play for turns

The only strategy in my team is for typing... you guys all have specific purposes...... Facepalm_emote_gif.gif for me.

Building for typing is okay ingame (I do it all the time, probably the best way to run), but once you get to the more competitive aspects (Battle Subway, Random Matchup, 6v6 comp) you've gotta think "What's my strategy to win, and how will I do that?". Then, you pick Pokemon based on how well they help you execute your strategy, and thus, win. You can even incorporate favorites in, let's say you want to use Charizard. Well, Charizard's merely okay on it's own, but what if it had Solar Power and a Life Orb, and you used it with a Drought Ninetales? That will certainly punch a big hole in your opponent's team. Then you think, "Hey, Charizard's going to faint pretty fast, how can I use it more?" You can get some Wish support, or have a Lilligant with Healing Wish... And even then, Charizard's going to get walled by Jellicent and Blissey, so you put a Swords Dance Sawsbuck on, which can take care of both after a Swords Dance, though you have to watch out for burns from Jellicent.

And of course, you've gotta think about what you're facing, and prepare for it. For the example, you could put a Starmie on that sun team so that if you lose the weather war you have an ace in the hole, and you can spin away that annoying Stealth Rock when needed.

Team building is half the battle!

Yeah, I don't do the intense strategy stuff that often, but I've been thinking about it recently, ever since I went to psypokes battle roles (my external link glitched out)<br><br>And so, in my thinky-parts, I developed the idea of this: Umbreon, 252 defense EV's, 252 Special Defense EV's, 6HP EV's, with a relaxed nature, the ability synchronize, and the moves Toxic, Confuse Ray, faint attack, and psychic/evasiveness increasing move, to toxic, confuse, and just annoy the fudge out of an opponent. Also, a Blastoise, 252 HP EV's, 129 speed EV's, 129 Special Attack EV's,  with a modest nature, the ability torrent, and the moves Rapid Spin, Haze, Surf, and Rain Dance, for total beastness in everything.  I haven't constructed anything more than that, but it's a start, isn't it?

Edited by I don't play for turns

Tyranitar(Sand Stream)

-Stealth Rock?

Aggron(Rock Head)

-Head Smash?

Sigilyph(Magic Guard)

-@ Flame Orb w/ Psycho Shift?

Cradily(Storm Drain)

-Switch in to water + Giga Drain?

Archeops(Defeatist. Derp.)

-Flying Gem + Acrobatics

Kabutops(Battle Armor or Weak Armor)

-Waterfall/Night Slash/Stone Edge/Brick Break?

It's been a few months since I've played my DS, so I don't quite recall what abilities/moves the ones that don't have any get. (I'm also at work, so sites like Serebii are blocked, even though this one isn't. Derp what.)

I'll fix it up when I have a chance to figure out what I'm doing here. Came up with it on the fly. As a side note: I'm aware that this isn't optimum for type coverage. Rock/Ground/Steel/Psychic are my favorite types. I also like using themed teams. This list is an ideal for me based on using my favorites as well as them being somewhat viable from a competitive standpoint.

Edited by Xjezhekiir

My dream team would have:

A) Espeon for being so simply fabulous. I always wanted it to be my starter <3

B) Butterfree for being so fancy with utility, making it to my team time after time, only to get better as generations go by. Its entire normal of me to have it against elite 4.

C) Sandshrew because when I first saw a pkmn game on gameboy (yellow), The "cool kid" playing used it all the time and my god was that sprite amazing.

D) Pidgeotto for being my definition of BAMF pkmn untill age of 13. I still remeber how I imagined it tearing stuff apart without even bothering to spread it wings (quick attack), and when it did (fly) it meant shit is about to go down when I played blue at age of 6 or 7.

E) Seaking for being so good for me in my first sapphire run. (caught at lv 40 on safari zone My team was like lv 38 at the time so I of course kept it. As the noob I was at that time, the amazing being that is Horn Drill/Waterfall/Blizzard/Facade!Seaking was definition of good pkmn. The fact that I missed the HM Waterfall and Seaking being my only way to actually reach elite 4 helped to make unending bias towards this Gyarados of underdogs.

F) Sneasel for being the only competetive pkmn Im fond of. (In my opinion Sneasel@Focus Sash w/ Taunt/Pursuit/Fake Out/Counter was by far the best anti lead in DPPt when people still used shoddy. Only thing it couldn't deal with were Sp. Attacking Omastar who still was cockblock'd from stealth rock'ing and Spe. Sweeper/Anti Lead Moltres. This all of course happened in the UU tier)

Honourable mentions to:

Crobat for letting me proof myself those hordes of Zubat are not waste of space.

Woobat for making it all the more easier to not hate hordes of Zubat

Aipom for his efforts in my first pkmn Gold run (including and not limited to Dynamic Punching that god damn Claire to another dimension)

Tentacool for his efforts in the same run

Leavanny for being the only gen 5 pkmn whose desing I honestly like.

Edited by Kore wa Sho desu ka?

Pretty much just my favorites,

Kingler

Houndoom

Aggron

Jolteon

Salamance

Alakazam

Maybe swap Kingler for Feraligatr, and Alakazam for Mewtwo.

Honourable mention to Rhydon as well. I couldnt decide between Rhydon and Aggron so I flipped a coin.

• 1 month later...

this is the dumbest question ever, the best team would always consist of a caterpie, wurmple, genesect, weedle, chikorita, and sewaddle.

but seriously this is a pretty dumb question because the best team would be kyogre, charizard, salamence/dragonite, tyranitar, metagross, and hydreigon.

• 3 weeks later...

Jolteon

Flareon

Vaporeon

Umbreon

Espeon

Glaceon/Leafeon

A fellow Eeveelutions fan, huh? SWEET!

Espeon for being so simply fabulous. I always wanted it to be my starter <3

Activating Sarcasm Mode: Colosseum and Gale of Darkness say Hi. Deactivating Sarcasm Mode. (lol just kidding around ^w^)

Anyways, I like how this has become more of a favorite team thread rather than a perfect team thread. Well, here's my two cents:

Umbreon (Curse+Payback is fun ^w^)

Braviary/Staraptor (Flyers with good offensive potential)

Glaceon (Strongest raw power off of Blizzard, ho!)

Espeon (Magic Bounce is hilarious [and OP])

Emolga (Volt Switch + U-Turn makes for hilarious casual PVP, and there's also Flying Gem Acrobatics)

Milotic (Aqua Ring + Lefties + Recover + Marvel Scale = Bulky! Me like!)

Edited by Nyoro~Eevee

• 2 weeks later...

So yeah since I know nothing about Gen 5 competitive battling fuck that I'm gonna go back to Gen 4 OU battling which I was decent at

My ideal team would be Metagross, Alakazam, Articuno, Milotic, Arcanine, and Roserade. I used multiple variations of this team at one point.

Abomasnow hailset-up

Frosslass w/substitute, TW, Hail and Blizzard/Ice Beam

Lapras

Mamoswine

Glaceon

Articuno

In case it wasn't obvious, Psychic types were my favourite and snowveil is my most hated ability.

Edit: General strategy is just to stall the hell out of opponents. This team is by far not the best, but is a joke mono-type. Although it doesn't look that bad on paper FMPOV.

Edited by kirsche

My perfect team would just be comprised of my favorites. :P:

Keldeo

Infernape

Lopunny

Rapidash

Zebstrika

Sawsbuck

It's somewhat balanced too, aside from there being two fire types, two normal types, and two fighting types. But you've got fire, grass, water, normal, fighting, and electric there. Of course, I'd miss having a flying type for Fly. xP

Edited by Anacybele

Bisharp/ Bronzong ( Interchangeable- I love Bronzong's typing and with Levitate, I also love Bisharp's looks. And its typing ain't bad either.) Oh yeah, and Ferrothorn. And Durant(prefer Durant to Scizor because its faster.) I love steel types.

Sceptile( Favorite starter but I like all water starters too)

Throh/Gallade( Throh is awesome overall and Gallade has some awesome moveset options)

Flygon/Salamence(I love the Hoenn dragons srsly)

Crobat ( Best flyer ever. GO ACROBATICS and that new poison move whose name Ive forgotten)

Swampert because ground/water gives it only a grass weakness