"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many and which rallies should I have on my streetpass team? Also does Rally Heart work if someone without the bride DLC is facing my team?

None, players can use rally properly, the AI cannot. ;)

How many and which rallies should I have on my streetpass team? Also does Rally Heart work if someone without the bride DLC is facing my team?

Like Sal said, rallies are basically useless on StreetPass teams. If you've seen the AI in the campaign use them, you know they'll just use rallies without trying to affect the most amount of units or wait till more units move forward first. I've seen Rally Heart used without DLC and it just rallies a (?) as the image, so it probably works in StreetPass - though neither of the Bride skills are particularly great for StreetPass.

Who makes the best father for Noire? Ricken, Libra, Gregor, or Kellam?

Depends on your playstyle.

Ricken and Libra are best for a Noire leaning more towards using magic, with Ricken arguably being the best for a Sorcerer!Noire, giving her access to Aegis and her mother's Pavise and also fixes the slight issue of Tharja's terrible skill growth so Noire can abuse both skills and Vengeance to her linking.

Libra!Noire makes almost flawless use of the Bride class if you have the DLC, and if not she becomes an excellent Dark Knight or War Cleric. If anyone should have Bride as a final class, she should. Libra gives her Renewal, and on top of this and Lifetaker she can gain back a massive amount of health if needed.

Gregor!Noire gives her Armsthrift and more importantly Sol so she can heal herself if necessary. Gregor can also gives her Axefaire if she wants to become a War Cleric (which Noire actually does pretty well in) or Counter to help deal with melee attacks and she gets access to Lethality and Astra.

Kellam offers Noire a solid amount of defense and skill to counteract her mother's weaknesses in those areas, Lucky Seven, Acrobat, Renewal and Tomefaire - all lovely skills, and almost perfect if you want to permanently keep her as a Dark Knight.

Also note that Tharja can give Noire Pavise, Luna and Dual Guard+.

If it has, I haven't.

It's always Pavise/Aegis saves your ass by halving it and HP is above 1, or even if the RNG would roll that, it always seems to ONLY display the Miracle animation... because frankly, you'd be dead anyway if Pavise/Aegis didn't or did activate.

Yep, like I said, pointless situation. So maybe we can conclude from this that Miracle has higher priority than Aegis/Pavise just like Lethality > Luna...

I'm now wondering if Aegis/Pavise will trigger if you are going to die either way. I feel like I've seen that one happen.

Yep, like I said, pointless situation. So maybe we can conclude from this that Miracle has higher priority than Aegis/Pavise just like Lethality > Luna...

I'm now wondering if Aegis/Pavise will trigger if you are going to die either way. I feel like I've seen that one happen.

I'm sure aegis/pavise trigger even if you're going to die. And I'm 100% sure aegis+/pavise+ does, because that just happened right now.

What is the best way to raise base level Tharja, Gregor, Fredrick, and a level 3 Sumia in the postgame for Hard? I pretty much want to get the rest of the children but I've ignored Tharja and Sumia for most of the game.

As a note I do not have any DLC, but that doesn't mean I won't buy some in the future.

Edited by rust45

Hi all, I was a lurker, now a poster. With so many pairings threads, I don't think this question warrants a new thread so here goes.

I can't decide if I should pair Lissa with Lon'qu or Ricken. I care about skills but also support conversations so I'm leaning towards Lon'qu x Lissa. Does Owain really need Luna? If it helps I plan on making his final class close to his artwork (so Swordmaster or maybe Dread Fighter). Thanks!

Edited by xcel

That's a really tough question to answer without knowing your detailed preferences. I'll try to give some advice though. Is this going to be your final file? One that you are going to attempt to beat any DLC you buy? If so:

- First note that you don't need the optimal setups to really beat anything.

- That said, there's not much harm in optimizing... in which case Lon'qu is a really poor father for Owain since Myrmidon goes to waste, and the other trees aren't as impressive.

- Owain's mods are very magic heavy, but thanks to Aggressor he pretty easily go physical too.

- Either way, he gets Assassin/Sage by default so all he really wants is a more reliable proc skill, which Lon'qu can't provide.

- Lastly, IMO the best reason not to do Lissa/Lon'qu is because his mods/class pool can be put to better use by fathering Brady. No one is clamoring for Ricken, who happens to have good mods/skills overlap for Owain in particular.

If not:

Marry whomever you wish. you can worry about perfecting your children another time. I would recommend raising all potential fathers you want to try up to S level without unlocking them. Then read them one by one and save to an alternate file before resetting. That way you can see which conversation you like best without having to do multiple runs to find out.

That's a really tough question to answer without knowing your detailed preferences. I'll try to give some advice though. Is this going to be your final file? One that you are going to attempt to beat any DLC you buy? If so:

- First note that you don't need the optimal setups to really beat anything.

- That said, there's not much harm in optimizing... in which case Lon'qu is a really poor father for Owain since Myrmidon goes to waste, and the other trees aren't as impressive.

- Owain's mods are very magic heavy, but thanks to Aggressor he pretty easily go physical too.

- Either way, he gets Assassin/Sage by default so all he really wants is a more reliable proc skill, which Lon'qu can't provide.

- Lastly, IMO the best reason not to do Lissa/Lon'qu is because his mods/class pool can be put to better use by fathering Brady. No one is clamoring for Ricken, who happens to have good mods/skills overlap for Owain in particular.

If not:

Marry whomever you wish. you can worry about perfecting your children another time. I would recommend raising all potential fathers you want to try up to S level without unlocking them. Then read them one by one and save to an alternate file before resetting. That way you can see which conversation you like best without having to do multiple runs to find out.

Thanks for your input Meteor. It looks like I might have to create another pairing thread lol. To answer your questions, I'm intending this file to be my main Lunatic file (and maybe split it so I can marry MU to a different person but keep most of the same pairings if I can). I'll also "attempt" to beat all the DLC (oh boy Apotheosis).

In that case, I would really try to get him Great Knight or Sorcerer for Luna/Vengeance. But that's my preference since I don't care too much about support conversations on a "main" file. :)

Edited by Meteor

In that case, I would really try to get him Great Knight or Sorcerer for Luna/Vengeance. But that's my preference since I don't care too much about support conversations on a "main" file. :)

I was afraid of doing that lol. I'll see if I can swap some people around but I probably will make (another) pairing thread...

I get attached to the pairings so it feels weird using them if I don't see much "love" in their supports lol.