"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

N.O.W.I. does not need any additional skills. She is best just staying a Manakete, particularly since she levels up like a tier 1 unit but has stat caps suitable for a promoted one (i.e. she will be gaining stats very quickly relative to her peers, especially considering her growths). Once she hits level 30, just reclass her back into Manakete again.

Taguel is a garbage class. Get Panne out of that class as soon as possible, like 6 levels ago. Wyvern Rider is good.

Edited by Interceptor

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Mousse9

You're not looking at the class bases with that info.

http://serenesforest.net/awakening/classes/base-stats/ (Forgot how to rename a link)

Look down at Wyvern Rider and Taguel. As you're reclassing to Wyvern Rider, do (Wyvern Rider base numbers - Taguel base numbers)

Panne will get: +1 HP, +5 Str, +2 Skl, +5 Def, -2 Res. Any stats not mentioned have a difference of 0.

Panne gets major boons from reclassing to Wyvern Rider and hardly any negatives.

Other than for novelty, Taguel is a pretty crap class.

I'll conceed to Interceptor and say you probably don't need to reclass Nowi until she runs out of levels (then just reclass her back to lv. 1 Manakete). The only skills she might have wanted are Swordbreaker (for Wyrmslayer) and Deliverer, but that might just be making too much work for yourself.

I was wrong before about what boons she gets, but boons she does get.

Edited by Dual Dragons

I'm in no hurry, and want to experience everything the game has to offer (in my current Normal/Casual Mode anyway). So grinding and minmaxing is no problem to me.

I've just reclassed Panne to Wyvern Rider, had to buy a Bronze Axe for her to use, heh.

Nowi....Simply put, I want those extra skills. And since I'm in it for the long haul, might as well go for them early so I can have more time using them. Wyvern Rider lvl 10, then Wyvern Lord lvl 15 for Swordbreaker, then Griffon Rider lvl 5 for Deliverer, and then back to Manakete for the rest of the game, if there's any game left...

Both Sumia and Cordelia I'll Promote to Dark Flier once they hit lvl 20 (they're both lvl 19 now). Galeforce will speed up XP gain, and as such get other Skills faster.

Hm, despite this great discussion, I need to go. It's late already. Time flies when you're having fun! Thanks for the info, guys.

If your Streetpass team is geared toward people who haven't even finished the game yet (and thus clearly not minmaxed with LB), Spd and Def will be good assets. But why would you make a non-minmaxed team?

Well, my thoughts are less "My team should be fought by people who have completed the game" but rather "If someone who hasn't completed the game yet checks out my team, they could potentially be spoiled'. You get me? I was spoiled when I streetpassed someone who had Gangrel and Lucina on their teams. It's also so I can base a team off my friends. And, you know, thinking about it, an Avatar only run sounds kinda fun.

But I'm gonna ask a question to make this post worthwhile: Speaking of Gangrel, is he someone I should bother training? Is there anything special about him that gives him an edge over another character like Anna, the other Trickster?

I won't put him on my Streetpass team of course, but I like using the special characters for DLC maps and stuff.

Edited by OTheFool

You don't wait for Promotion until they're level 20 in their starter class? (Donnel's an exception ofcourse...)

No, I ration my exp and only train units I'll be using (and play on higher difficulties where there are more enemies and thus more earlygame exp). The only time I promote before 20 is if I'm very close and a ton of exp will go to waste otherwise (due to killing a lot of stuff on enemy phase) or it'll delay my promotion for a few turns (I have to weed out one or two enemies to perfectly cap my level).

Well, my thoughts are less "My team should be fought by people who have completed the game" but rather "If someone who hasn't completed the game yet checks out my team, they could potentially be spoiled'. You get me? I was spoiled when I streetpassed someone who had Gangrel and Lucina on their teams. It's also so I can base a team off my friends. And, you know, thinking about it, an Avatar only run sounds kinda fun.

But I'm gonna ask a question to make this post worthwhile: Speaking of Gangrel, is he someone I should bother training? Is there anything special about him that gives him an edge over another character like Anna, the other Trickster?

I won't put him on my Streetpass team of course, but I like using the special characters for DLC maps and stuff.

OK, that makes sense.

Gangrel... Is not one of the better Spotpass units, normally (Aversa is the best by far, Walhart is second best though YMMV). He's basically a faster, weaker Henry (the two share their class set). He's certainly not bad, and unlike most 1st gen units he can get a full skillset up, but he's far from the best.

I just finished Chapter 13 (with great difficulty, I might add), and suddenly *SPOILERS!!!!*

Lucina drops from the sky and joins the party!

Neither Chrom or Sumia (Chrom's wife) have been reclassed or Promoted, so Lucina's skillset is Dual Strike, Charm, Relief and Aether. Not exactly the Skills I wanted to pass down to her. Did I screw up?

What WOULD be a good skill to pass down to Lucina, from Sumia? Sumia is still a Pegasus Knight right now. And since you can't switch around the Skills, Speed +2 is out. Level Sumia up a tiny bit more (she's lvl 19) and Promote her to Dark Flier? I'd have to train Dark Flier up to lvl 5 to pass down Rally Movement, and that skill itself doesn't compare to Galeforce. But grinding to lvl 15 Dark Flier would take forever.

Reclass Sumia to Knight or Cleric? Both Defense +2 and Miracle are bad skills to pass down, right? Any advice? Personally, I'm thinking of grinding Sumia like mad and try to get Galeforce, though that's probably not feasible.

A-HA! Just found out where you can switch the order of Skills, LOL.

I think I'll restart from an earlier save, and switch around Speed +2 and Relief on Sumia. I think a little extra speed is more important for a just starting Lucina.

Also, though I didn't have to reset due to characters dying, I felt i was rather unprepared for the massive onslaught of archers raining down death from above, without means of reaching them.

I'll probably end up grinding my chars a little bit more. Anyway, lesson learned!

Excellent idea. I now have 5 fliers. Cordelia, Sumia, Nowi and Panne (recently reclassed to Wyvern Rider), and Cherche. I'd have to see how dividing the group like that would work...especially if I want to include healers. Some units would HAVE to stay on the lower ground, making them easy targets (unless they've got ranged weapons). Hmm...

Excellent idea. I now have 5 fliers. Cordelia, Sumia, Nowi and Panne (recently reclassed to Wyvern Rider), and Cherche. I'd have to see how dividing the group like that would work...especially if I want to include healers. Some units would HAVE to stay on the lower ground, making them easy targets (unless they've got ranged weapons). Hmm...

There is a reasonably large area which the enemies in Ch13 are unable to attack on the ground for a good couple of turns. I normally keep a couple of fliers in there (and Henry) with good pair up partners and rush everyone else down to the bottom. That aggros some of the cliff enemies which clears it out a bit to fly up a pair on either side to deal with the archers.

If you delete all of your save files, does your stored Prestige get retained when you start a new game, or does that require keeping the old save file around until the new game is started?

I don't believe that you have to keep the save file. I once accidentally saved over all of my save files with a joke file because I wasn't paying attention, so I deleted it and started a new game. My renown was intact.

Edited by OTheFool

Lon'qu's heritage is a mystery, but he most likely isn't Ferox. The tournaments are fought by outsiders, remember? Another reason is his name, and the name of his childhood friend, Ke'ri. Also, he's a myrmidon, and Say'ri and Yen'fey are both Swordmasters. I think Say'ri mentioned that the Myrimdon garb was from Chon'sin.

...Of course, this is disregarding the Japanese version, where the names have nothing special about them. (At least, I don't believe)

Lon'qu's heritage is a mystery, but he most likely isn't Ferox. The tournaments are fought by outsiders, remember? Another reason is his name, and the name of his childhood friend, Ke'ri. Also, he's a myrmidon, and Say'ri and Yen'fey are both Swordmasters. I think Say'ri mentioned that the Myrimdon garb was from Chon'sin.

...Of course, this is disregarding the Japanese version, where the names have nothing special about them. (At least, I don't believe)

It is official canon, but the source is super obscure and random. Vincent is a master of trivia like this and would definitely know, though (and may have even posted it in this topic a while ago).

If you delete all of your save files, does your stored Prestige get retained when you start a new game, or does that require keeping the old save file around until the new game is started?

As long as you don't click delete all data or whatever... you'd keep the "system" data that keeps supports and your prestige/renown.

DcQfvmn.png

^This is okay. Delete all your files and you'll still keep your prestige/renown.

cDiT508.png

^This is NOT. It'll be as if you bought a brand new cartridge.

Edited by shadowofchaos

^The same thing goes for the support log, Avatar Logbook, unlocking Lunatic+, and all the other stuff that comes with your first clear of the game, by the way. It doesn't affect what DLC you own, or your Streetpass Team, though (since those are tied to your 3ds/eShop account and not your game card).

I'm pretty sure Ke'ri was from Ferox: in Cherche's support with Lon'qu, she mentions that she met Ke'ri's parents in Ferox.

From my understanding, the only "outsiders" context is that they don't want the potential ruler death from direct participation.

That's from the Japanese version, right?

So, I've been watching the class reel, when suddenly pink haired Male Morgan appeared. Is this possible to reproduce? I'm talkin' like, Olivia's shade of pink here.

Actually, not really. It was slightly darker than Olivia's.

Edited by OTheFool

That's his "canon" hair- it appears whenever the game tries to display a Morgan-M without proper parent data. If you want to see more of them, fight a Streetpass team using an Avatar-F, recruit her, load a file where you're using Avatar-M or have an unmarried Avatar-F, look at the Streetpass Avatar's card in the Logbook, and check her pairings. If Morgan was recruited and paired, he'll show up there with pink hair.

Note: I haven't done extensive testing and don't know if these are the exact steps to follow, but I've seen several by doing something similar.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi