"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm at chapter 13, Olivia is at level 10, ready to second seal to the Pegasus line to pick up gale force for Lucina...but I have no second seals. Any suggestions or have I messed up? Been replaying Yore 1 hoping to get one from the villages but no luck so far.

Unfortunately, you'll just have to wait until an Anna shop has one.

I'm at chapter 13, Olivia is at level 10, ready to second seal to the Pegasus line to pick up gale force for Lucina...but I have no second seals. Any suggestions or have I messed up? Been replaying Yore 1 hoping to get one from the villages but no luck so far.

Unfortunately, you'll just have to wait until an Anna shop has one.

Or streetpass a friend with a second seal on them.

That's really the only way. DLC village, Anna (via rift doors too), or Streetpass.

If you happen to have ONE rift door, save, use it and see if a second seal is in the shop. If not, reset, do a DLC map or something, and then save. Use it again.

It is advisable you try it at the same spot with that method.

Or streetpass a friend with a second seal on them.

That's really the only way. DLC village, Anna (via rift doors too), or Streetpass.

If you happen to have ONE rift door, save, use it and see if a second seal is in the shop. If not, reset, do a DLC map or something, and then save. Use it again.

It is advisable you try it at the same spot with that method.

Just got two rift doors from the village/sparkle on Yore 1, same method or is there a better way with two? Thanks

Lucina will inherit Peg Knight from Olivia anyway. Why not just Second Seal Lucina to Peg Knight the moment you get her, level her up to level 10, Master Seal her to Dark Flier and then get her to level 15?

Lucina will inherit Peg Knight from Olivia anyway. Why not just Second Seal Lucina to Peg Knight the moment you get her, level her up to level 10, Master Seal her to Dark Flier and then get her to level 15?

Thought about it, but want galeforce on Inigo too, quicker just to do it once and I've already spent half an hour grinding for a rift door, may as well go all the way now.

I sort of recently noticed in the barracks... if FeMU is Lucina's mother and you get her in the barracks, she'll say "Hello, Mother." and then the usual text... does that happen with MaMU's other children (as in, not Morgan) if you get them in the barracks? I'm referring to the lower screen, if that's not obvious.

I've had Nah (married Nowi) refer to me as Father. So yes, this happens with MaMU's children as well.

This is pretty much the reason it's not recommended to Second Seal until level 20. There really aren't that many SSs around.

This is pretty much the reason it's not recommended to Second Seal until level 20. There really aren't that many SSs around.

What...? I usually thought "The earlier, the better" in terms of reclassing.

In terms of leveling speed, that is perfectly correct - if you reclass at Lv10, you only eat half as many cumulative levels as when you do so at Lv20. 5 levels or so aren't that big of a deal while unpromoted, but it becomes quite noticable for promoted units. Getting the advanced skills from promoted classes is a pain in the ass for reclassed units, but much more so the later you reclass them.

However, second seal availability can indeed be an issue until well into the game, so if you want to reclass a lot of units and/or are not willing to wait for Anna shops to get more seals (or you're unlucky and she just never sells one), you may not always have a second seal available when a unit you want to reclass reaches Lv10.

This only works if Second Seals are cheap and infinite, which they aren't. They're very limited until 2/3rds of the way through the game and even at that point, they aren't overly cheap.

In terms of leveling speed, that is perfectly correct - if you reclass at Lv10, you only eat half as many cumulative levels as when you do so at Lv20. 5 levels or so aren't that big of a deal while unpromoted, but it becomes quite noticable for promoted units. Getting the advanced skills from promoted classes is a pain in the ass for reclassed units, but much more so the later you reclass them.

However, second seal availability can indeed be an issue until well into the game, so if you want to reclass a lot of units and/or are not willing to wait for Anna shops to get more seals (or you're unlucky and she just never sells one), you may not always have a second seal available when a unit you want to reclass reaches Lv10.

This only works if Second Seals are cheap and infinite, which they aren't. They're very limited until 2/3rds of the way through the game and even at that point, they aren't overly cheap.

Well, those make sense. Second Seals are also buyable if you can complete Severa, Nah, or Inigo's paralogues, but on anything above Normal, I wouldn't count on being able to complete those until fairly late in the game.

Pavise's in game description is: "Halve sword/lance/axe/beaststone/blight damage."

What's blight?

Blight refers to the Blighted Claws and Blighted Talons (the weapons used by Revenants and Entombed).

Well, those make sense. Second Seals are also buyable if you can complete Severa, Nah, or Inigo's paralogues, but on anything above Normal, I wouldn't count on being able to complete those until fairly late in the game.

Someone in another topic posted a good plan on how to beat Nah's quickly and easily. Rescue staff Nah to you, and then proceed to Mire the Commander. End the chapter on turn 1.

Problem is, he wants to get a Second Seal before Chapter 13 so he can get Galeforce on Lucina. Only chance at that is to wait for an Anna Shop to appear with it, or run through DLC maps with houses hoping to get a Rift Door or Second Seal. Neither seem that common, so it could take a while. You're probably better off just passing Luck +4 for now and Second Sealing Lucina herself and Olivia (for Inigo) later.

Someone in another topic posted a good plan on how to beat Nah's quickly and easily. Rescue staff Nah to you, and then proceed to Mire the Commander. End the chapter on turn 1.

Problem is, he wants to get a Second Seal before Chapter 13 so he can get Galeforce on Lucina. Only chance at that is to wait for an Anna Shop to appear with it, or run through DLC maps with houses hoping to get a Rift Door or Second Seal. Neither seem that common, so it could take a while. You're probably better off just passing Luck +4 for now and Second Sealing Lucina herself and Olivia (for Inigo) later.

Personally...

1. That's no fun.

2. That'd require a Dark Mage or Sorcerer. Maybe more.

3. I don't like missing out on treasure, or EXP.

Even in a game where there is infinite EXP to be had?

Well, since I went there in the first place, I'd at least smash heads before finishing.

But the point was that you said it's hard to beat those until late game (or with adequate grinding, obviously), so they aren't really good for relying on Second Seals. But if those are your goal, then the aforementioned quick clear is very much viable. You just have to weigh what you want and when.

But the point was that you said it's hard to beat those until late game (or with adequate grinding, obviously), so they aren't really good for relying on Second Seals. But if those are your goal, then the aforementioned quick clear is very much viable. You just have to weigh what you want and when.

But by the time I could possibly one turn it, I'd probably have done chapter 16, which makes the point moot anyways.