"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

I don't have any DLC other than the one that was given out for free (Heroes of Yore, I think), and the third one from the same series. But would it be smarter to just hold out for Grandmaster? I've never really experimented with Second Seals too much.

Second Seals is where it's at.

Seriously, many of the most powerful skills available to a character require re-classing. It's not necessary in Hard and below, and Lunatic doesn't need them either (although it helps a lot), but they help a ton with Lunatic+, especially if you're doing it no-grind/limited-grind.

For example, there are people say that bows are the best weapon for Lunatic+ (because of Counter), and many units will wield bows only through re-classing.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Second Seals is where it's at.

Seriously, many of the most powerful skills available to a character require re-classing. It's not necessary in Hard and below, and Lunatic doesn't need them either (although it helps a lot), but they help a ton with Lunatic+, especially if you're doing it no-grind/limited-grind.

For example, there are people say that bows are the best weapon for Lunatic+ (because of Counter), and many units will wield bows only through re-classing.

Alright, so say I wanted to go for a bow wielding MU. It seems my options at this point in the game (Level 20 Tactician) are Archer for instant bow-usage, or Thief, Fighter, or Merc for later bow wielding. Would reclassing into archer be a stupid choice?

Alright, so say I wanted to go for a bow wielding MU. It seems my options at this point in the game (Level 20 Tactician) are Archer for instant bow-usage, or Thief, Fighter, or Merc for later bow wielding. Would reclassing into archer be a stupid choice?

Probably a bad idea, even if you were going physical.

You said you're going for a Magical Avatar, though, so you might not even want bows. I was giving an example, and not even a personal one.

I personally always re-class my Avatars 20/10/15 Tactician/Merc/Hero(/Dread Fighter), but that's just me.

(for Avatar (F), Dark Flier is a nice class, for hit-and-run tactics)

If you do want to go with bows though, I'd recommend Assassin, because Pass can really help.

Also, if you're looking for Lunatic/Lunatic+ advice, try this thread.

Odd thing to ask, but does the Japanese version have cut-ins for the final boss of the game? Some of Rey's videos seems to have a very evil sounding cut-in that wouldn't seem to make sense unless it was from the final boss.

Also, wording is really odd cause I don't want to spoil.

I know Cordelia is in Phila's Pegasus Knight Squad..

Is Sumia in the Squad too? Or is she just a normal shepherd?

I THINK Sumia is just a normal Shepherd who happens to be talented at handling animals.

I think Sumia had never ridden a Pegasus before the group found that one after chapter 2, that's the impression I got. She started riding it and found she could.

What's best for overall consistent damage: Goetia, Forged Ruin or Forged Waste?

Forged Waste, 13-15mt and 70-60 hit depending on preference and hitting twice, compared to Goetia's 19mt and 75 hit. So unless you're expecting your magic user to deal less than around 4-6 damage with forged Waste, that's going to be better. Forged Ruin and consistency don't belong in the same sentence, unless you're stacking crit to ludicrous levels.

Celica's Gale is generally considered slightly better than both though... 35 hit in exchange for 6 might is generally preferable, unless you have characters with extremely high skill.

Celica's Gale is generally considered slightly better than both though... 35 hit in exchange for 6 might is generally preferable, unless you have characters with extremely high skill.

also effective damage on fliers (once forged)

although tbh, the hit is somewhat negated by Hex/Anathema and pair up shenanigans

Speaking of Spotpass Characters, is there a limit on how many you can recruit?

Danos, i just tried it. They only get the blue aura effect.

20 characters maximum, then you have to dump someone to recruit a new one

Odd thing to ask, but does the Japanese version have cut-ins for the final boss of the game? Some of Rey's videos seems to have a very evil sounding cut-in that wouldn't seem to make sense unless it was from the final boss.

Also, wording is really odd cause I don't want to spoil.

No, they don't.

At 1:18.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Is min maxing needed at any point and is it really that important?

By min maxing I ofcourse mean marriages and inheritance etc etc. As somebody who's new to the game but loved Blazing Sword I've been constantly looking for good support suggestions, but I simply mean pairs with good story between them (such as Gaius and Maribelle) and when I search for for suggestions all I see are people talking about the skills and stats rather than the story of the couples.

By min maxing I ofcourse mean marriages and inheritance etc etc. As somebody who's new to the game but loved Blazing Sword I've been constantly looking for good support suggestions, but I simply mean pairs with good story between them (such as Gaius and Maribelle) and when I search for for suggestions all I see are people talking about the skills and stats rather than the story of the couples.

This is the FE fanbase we're talking about.

Min-maxing isn't really needed. Knowing which pairings are more practical on Lunatic and Lunatic+, sure...

But I don't know how many questions I got from PMs asking which are the "best" pairings since even before the English release.

It makes some the harder DLCs easier which you have a good skill selection/good modifiers. The second generation characters usually outclass their parents with some leveling, so with different skill sets and modifiers you can make them fit different roles and mold them into a dream eam easier than you can the first generation.

I think there's a few threads around her that mention the stories behind the supports rather than just skills/stats/mods, but you'll have to search for them.

... Um. Plus what shadowofchaos said above.

Edited by Vashiane

I would tell you yes it is important because of maximum potential for all of the children units...

But I'm biased since I care little for story.

Absolutely not at all. In game, you just don't have time for it without heavy grinding, and it barely matters because you won't reach and don't need capped units. Post game, capped stat parents are easily enough to handle everything, capped anything children will have an even easier time. Min-maxing is basically relevant for theory so people can sling mud at each other due to having different opinions on what's best.

Absolutely not at all. In game, you just don't have time for it without heavy grinding, and it barely matters because you won't reach and don't need capped units. Post game, capped stat parents are easily enough to handle everything, capped anything children will have an even easier time. Min-maxing is basically relevant for theory so people can sling mud at each other due to having different opinions on what's best.

*gives Tables a cookie*

Honestly, min-maxing is just bullcrap I don't believe in at all.

Is it possible for the game to just spawn a guest MU?

I don't Streetpass so there's no way that a guest MU appeared on my file out of nowhere.

Edited by MagicLugh