Rate the Unit: Day 60 - Tibarn

I think its meant to balance the 10/10 stupidity votes. And he practically doesnt exist.

Then they should get chucked out.

Possible reasons for a tossed vote include: your vote is higher/lower than the vast majority to "balance the score" and failure to justify a radically different score.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 10/10 votes should also be chucked out then. @Eryth- The laguz chapter isnt actually Tibarn's show. Its Rescue Elincia's and a 1-2 range unit that can 1RKO izuka. Its 1 turnable that way.

Is there something I'm not understanding? Tibarn is higher than Neph, Oscar, Elincia and Jill on the tier list.

Intuitively he does a lot more than someone like Neph, who after a chapter of solid contributions sort of just get babied for the entirety of part 3 and she is still worse than Tibarn in part 4 and endgame.

I mean, the 10/10 votes are lame, but how is 4/10 any less lame?

LOL tier lists. Just...lol.

I rated him based on how i play. I just dont use him unless a situation is particularly sticky. (like having seriously assy units for Hawk Army because i went hog wild on DB guys and GM guys on a couple of playthroughs.) Hes just...not fucking fun to use! At least not for me. I actually really dont like royals (save like, two) anyway. Like Caineghis...i probably wont even rate him because i NEVER use him. At. All.

The 10/10 votes should also be chucked out then. @Eryth- The laguz chapter isnt actually Tibarn's show. Its Rescue Elincia's and a 1-2 range unit that can 1RKO izuka. Its 1 turnable that way.

most were with bias

My 10/10 wasn't "to balance low ratings", it's because that's how a view Tibarn as a unit. When he's around, there's nothing he can't kill reliably. The only thing you could ask for is 2 range. He's better than... pretty much everyone when he joins in terms of attack power. Innate Pavise, Tear, and flying are only icing on the cake.

My 5 was how I view Tibarn. The -bias was to counteract the scores. There's nothing in the rules agains that.

No two range is a flaw. He's also around for 3 chapters.

As for endgame being one chapter, are 17 in PoR and 6 in RD 4 and 2 chapters respectively?

Edited by bottlegnomes

Hmm.... Well as a 2nd tier strategy, then Tibarn is the next best strategy for a quick clear of the said chapter.

Thats a 2 turn though. Even a marksman with celerity/pass and a unit with smite can emulate a 2 turn. Only elincia can 1 turn it though.

I see no problems with the fives, given that -1 is bias.

I have one word about Tibarn

Pavise!

10\10

This vote, on the other hand, ought to die.

He isn't available for much of the game but when he is, He is pretty damn good!

6/10, +1 Bias Included for his awesomeness!

Tibarn is the single best combat unit in the game. His combination of strength, speed, skill and movement range is perfect. His only shortcoming is lack of 1-2 range, but you'd be a fool to say that. His availability is poor yes, but so are multiple characters, including Elincia who averaged a high 8 and has the same availability as Tibarn. He's locked into the hawk route, but he can literally solo those 2 chapters by himself. Regardless of what you think of him (I think it's laughable that he's getting lower scores than Naesala and some users are justifying this by saying they need "balance out the votes" but that shit doesn't fly for me at all."

To sum it up, Tibarn is just a very, very broken combat unit and even if you royally fuck up but somehow make it to part IV, Tibarn's got your back even on hard mode. So with that said, Tibarn gets a 8/10 + 1 bias for being an awesome character, storywise.

9/10

My 5 was how I view Tibarn. The -bias was to counteract the scores. There's nothing in the rules agains that.<br style="color: rgb(7, 55, 2); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(239, 255, 240); "><br style="color: rgb(7, 55, 2); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(239, 255, 240); ">No two range is a flaw. He's also around for 3 chapters.<br style="color: rgb(7, 55, 2); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(239, 255, 240); "><br style="color: rgb(7, 55, 2); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(239, 255, 240); ">As for endgame being one chapter, are 17 in PoR and 6 in RD 4 and 2 chapters respectively?

Yeaaaaaaaah no.

First i need to get this out of the way:

http://www.gamefaqs....t-dawn/62758533

I can't believe you straight up admitted you haven't played hard mode, not even once. I don't have the power to bar you from voting, but the weight of everything you say is lessened (and sometimes null in my eyes).

http://serenesforest...0

You also give Elincia a 7, despite her sharing Tibarn's same availability. Yes she's useful as a combat unit / healer, but that usefulness does not beat out Tibarn's ability to flat out kill everything. Not even going to dignify your original post in this thread with a response... ugh.

I think its meant to balance the 10/10 stupidity votes. And he practically doesnt exist.

That's a retarded a concept.

EDIT: Yeah it seems that people care fuck all for useful units if they don't "like" them (which is absurd). The pro Tibarn users (myself included) even have the tier list to corroborate Tibarn's usefulness. Not that people care, tier lists are for chumps!

Why I am not surprised.

Edited by Starwave

Is there something I'm not understanding? Tibarn is higher than Neph, Oscar, Elincia and Jill on the tier list.

Intuitively he does a lot more than someone like Neph, who after a chapter of solid contributions sort of just get babied for the entirety of part 3 and she is still worse than Tibarn in part 4 and endgame.

I mean, the 10/10 votes are lame, but how is 4/10 any less lame?

I didn't see you complaining when the BK got 4.60 here when he's HIGHER than Tibarn on the tier list....or when Nolan somehow beat Sothe and Volug.

Tibarn is the single best combat unit in the game. His combination of strength, speed, skill and movement range is perfect. His only shortcoming is lack of 1-2 range, but you'd be a fool to say that. His availability is poor yes, but so are multiple characters, including Elincia who averaged a high 8 and has the same availability as Tibarn. He's locked into the hawk route, but he can literally solo those 2 chapters by himself. Regardless of what you think of him (I think it's laughable that he's getting lower scores than Naesala and some users are justifying this by saying they need "balance out the votes" but that shit doesn't fly for me at all."

To sum it up, Tibarn is just a very, very broken combat unit and even if you royally fuck up but somehow make it to part IV, Tibarn's got your back even on hard mode. So with that said, Tibarn gets a 8/10 + 1 bias for being an awesome character, storywise.

9/10

Yeaaaaaaaah no.

I know today's not Rafiel, Leanne, or Reyson, but are you on heron? Elicinia has 2-P, 2-E, and her shared chapters with Tibarn. She has almost double his availability. Plus staff utility.

First i need to get this out of the way:

http://www.gamefaqs....t-dawn/62758533

I can't believe you straight up admitted you haven't played hard mode, not even once. I don't have the power to bar you from voting, but the weight of everything you say is lessened (and sometimes null in my eyes).

And? Mekkah's never played like half the FEs released. I don't see anyone saying he can't debate them. I also didn't see you complaining about any of my other ratings. Seems a little suspicious that you're just bringing this up now.

http://serenesforest...0

You also give Elincia a 7, despite her sharing Tibarn's same availability. Yes she's useful as a combat unit / healer, but that usefulness does not beat out Tibarn's ability to flat out kill everything. Not even going to dignify your original post in this thread with a response... ugh.

Again, double the availability, not appreciably worse combat if you're training her (4 hit killing with quadding vs 2 hit killing with doubling), and staff utility. When does Tibarn contribute anything remotely as useful as Elincia's staffbotting in 2-E if you don't decide to 1/3/whatever turn it. Also, since you're getting snippy, clearly more people agree with me than you.

[/size][/color]

That's a retarded a concept.

EDIT: Yeah it seems that people care fuck all for useful units if they don't "like" them (which is absurd). The pro Tibarn users (myself included) even have the tier list to corroborate Tibarn's usefulness. Not that people care, tier lists are for chumps!

Why I am not surprised.

If you're going by the tier list, Tibarn is above untransfered Jill, so I guess he should be above Mia, Rafiel, Leanne, Janaff, Ulki, Shinon, Zihark, MIcaiah, and the BK, all of whom are above him on the no transfers tier list. So yeah, that really supports your argument.

Edited by bottlegnomes

I didn't see you complaining when the BK got 4.60 here when he's HIGHER than Tibarn on the tier list....or when Nolan somehow beat Sothe and Volug.

I wasn't here...

ITT:

"BAWWWWWW A BUNCH OF PEOPLE DONT LIKE AN OVERPOWERED UNIT! BAWWWWWW!"

Come on...deal with it. Hard mode or no, some people prefer raising other units. Tibarn is great for low turning Hawk Army chapters but...some of us like continuing to train the guys we've been working at for the entire game for endgame, yo.

Good lord, a lot of you guys are whiners.

@Starwave- Then his tier list position is bogus and I will debate it. His only crucial chapter for LTC is 4-2. Then, hes just another royal in endgame. Elincia has 2-E where she can Amiti the boss and help an efficient clear of the chapter. She doesnt have the same availability as Tibarn. And she helps about as much as Tibarn in 4-2. She also 1 turns 4-5 with Rescue because shes awesome.

Lacks 2-range and availability but is ridiculously broken for when he's around. He could solo his maps if he really wanted.

+1 bias because Tibarn and I'd so hit that

8.75/10

Not going to tally because i'm giving a few users the option to re-vote. (not necessarily their score, but their reasoning). Bottles, Ice Sage / Tyrant Sages votes don't count until they give actual reasoning. I'm letting Sharpy's vote slide because while he may have a short vote, his reasoning isn't completely skewed. EDIT: Oh yeah the 10/10 votes get thrown out too. Lack of 2 range is one of the flimsiest arguments I have ever seen. It's relevant for many characters and on many chapters, but not for a broken unit in part IV. Boyd or w/e can strike units with Hand Axes on the enemy phase while Tibarn can't. That's just peachy. Tibarn on the other can solo several maps in part IV.

Then his tier list position is bogus and I will debate it. His only crucial chapter for LTC is 4-2. Then, hes just another royal in endgame. Elincia has 2-E where she can Amiti the boss and help an efficient clear of the chapter. She doesnt have the same availability as Tibarn. And she helps about as much as Tibarn in 4-2. She also 1 turns 4-5 with Rescue because shes awesome

BECAUSE TURNS MEAN EVERYTHING. Haven't we beaten this horse to death already? Turncounts don't mean everything. They help yes, but obsessing over them meticulously is stupid. I'll admit In a momentary laps of memory I forgot Elincia's use in 2-E (one extra chapter basically) but that alone does not justify her getting 2-3 points higher than Tibarn. You say she's just as useful as Tibarn in part IV? Bullshit. Elincia loses the ability to even reliably damage bosses during part IVs endgame, which forces her on healing / wisp killing duty. Another thing i'd like to point out is that Tibarn is around for 7 chapters, not 3. As much as people hate to admit this, 4-E comprises of 5 skirmishes, which are basically the equivalent of chapters. The only difference being in name (save for the final boss)

Good luck on debating his tiering position, I'd honestly like to see you try. That thread is rock solid.

And? Mekkah's never played like half the FEs released. I don't see anyone saying he can't debate them. I also didn't see you complaining about any of my other ratings. Seems a little suspicious that you're just bringing this up now.

Great. There's just one problem. You aren't Mekkah.

Just so you know, I only figured it out recently when I was cruising through gfaqs. I can't believe players are allowed to vote units based on hard mode without even fucking playing it. That is just all kinds of wrong. It does explain several things though and you have to admit this basically kills your credibility.

If you're going by the tier list, Tibarn is above untransfered Jill, so I guess he should be above Mia, Rafiel, Leanne, Janaff, Ulki, Shinon, Zihark, MIcaiah, and the BK, all of whom are above him on the no transfers tier list. So yeah, that really supports your argument.

Wow what a fucking leap. I never suggested anything of the sort. It's not my problem if Tibarn is over unstransfered Jill (I personally think u-T jill is a touch overrated.) Users are who are 100X more credible than you or I will EVER be poured blood and tears into make that thread what is today. If you're going to disregard because of one thing you don't agree with than you should sod off.

EDIT: Tibarn is ahead of her by 1 position so they're more or less equal.

Again, double the availability, not appreciably worse combat if you're training her (4 hit killing with quadding vs 2 hit killing with doubling), and staff utility. When does Tibarn contribute anything remotely as useful as Elincia's staffbotting in 2-E if you don't decide to 1/3/whatever turn it. Also, since you're getting snippy, clearly more people agree with me than you.

This. This right here is why I will never take you seriously. Elincia can double every enemy in the game and even quad many of them. Which is great until you realize she caps her strength at 30. She can't even touch most of the bosses and has trouble taking on some of the sturdier enemies. This is a fact. She's on strict healing duty come 4-E-3. You would have known that if you actually played RD, but you didn't. You're talking about of your ass.

And where does this "double availability" come from? She's useless in her intro chapter, and has 2-E and all of part IV, which basically means she has 1 more chapter than Tibarn.\\

ITT: "BAWWWWWW A BUNCH OF PEOPLE DONT LIKE AN OVERPOWERED UNIT! BAWWWWWW!"<br style="color: rgb(7, 55, 2); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(239, 255, 240); "><br style="color: rgb(7, 55, 2); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(239, 255, 240); ">Come on...deal with it. Hard mode or no, some people prefer raising other units. Tibarn is great for low turning Hawk Army chapters but...some of us like continuing to train the guys we've been working at for the entire game for endgame, yo. <br style="color: rgb(7, 55, 2); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(239, 255, 240); "><br style="color: rgb(7, 55, 2); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(239, 255, 240); "><br style="color: rgb(7, 55, 2); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(239, 255, 240); ">Good lord, a lot of you guys are whiners.

Oh, it's a goddamn tragedy that I want a little objectivity in these threads instead of people putting their own biases in the way (and some actively trying to mess with ratings to balance things out.) Hard mode or no-

Read the damn rules yo

Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode (JP Maniac). And only hard mode!

Tibarn is great in the Hawk Army chapters, and undeniably great during the endgame too. Regardless of how well you raise your other units, there isn't a single unit that can compare to him in terms of strength. Not the god Haar and not even the goddess Titania.

Edited by Starwave

Not going to tally because i'm giving a few users the option to re-vote. (not necessarily their score, but their reasoning). Bottles, Ice Sage / Tyrant Sages votes don't count until they give actual reasoning. I'm letting Sharpy's vote slide because while he may have a short vote, his reasoning isn't completely skewed. EDIT: Oh yeah the 10/10 votes get thrown out too. Lack of 2 range is one of the flimsiest arguments I have ever seen. It's relevant for many characters and on many chapters, but not for a broken unit in part IV. Boyd or w/e can strike units with Hand Axes on the enemy phase while Tibarn can't. That's just peachy. Tibarn on the other can solo several maps in part IV.

[/size][/color]

BECAUSE TURNS MEAN EVERYTHING. Haven't we beaten this horse to death already? Turncounts don't mean everything. They help yes, but obsessing over them meticulously is stupid. I'll admit In a momentary laps of memory I forgot Elincia's use in 2-E (one extra chapter basically) but that alone does not justify her getting 2-3 points higher than Tibarn. You say she's just as useful as Tibarn in part IV? Bullshit. Elincia loses the ability to even reliably damage bosses during part IVs endgame, which forces her on healing / wisp killing duty. Another thing i'd like to point out is that Tibarn is around for 7 chapters, not 3. As much as people hate to admit this, 4-E comprises of 5 skirmishes, which are basically the equivalent of chapters. The only difference being in name (save for the final boss)

Good luck on debating his tiering position, I'd honestly like to see you try. That thread is rock solid.

Great. There's just one problem. You aren't Mekkah.

Just so you know, I only figured it out recently when I was cruising through gfaqs. I can't believe players are allowed to vote units based on hard mode without even fucking playing it. That is just all kinds of wrong. It does explain several things though and you have to admit this basically kills your credibility.

Wow what a fucking leap. I never suggested anything of the sort. It's not my problem if Tibarn is over unstransfered Jill (I personally think u-T jill is a touch overrated.) Users are who are 100X more credible than you or I will EVER be poured blood and tears into make that thread what is today. If you're going to disregard because of one thing you don't agree with than you should sod off.

EDIT: Tibarn is ahead of her by 1 position so they're more or less equal.

This. This right here is why I will never take you seriously. Elincia can double every enemy in the game and even quad many of them. Which is great until you realize she caps her strength at 30. She can't even touch most of the bosses and has trouble taking on some of the sturdier enemies. This is a fact. She's on strict healing duty come 4-E-3. You would have known that if you actually played RD, but you didn't. You're talking about of your ass.

And where does this "double availability" come from? She's useless in her intro chapter, and has 2-E and all of part IV, which basically means she has 1 more chapter than Tibarn.\\

Oh, it's a goddamn tragedy that I want a little objectivity in these threads instead of people putting their own biases in the way (and some actively trying to mess with ratings to balance things out.) Hard mode or no-

Read the damn rules yo

Tibarn is great in the Hawk Army chapters, and undeniably great during the endgame too. Regardless of how well you raise your other units, there isn't a single unit that can compare to him in terms of strength. Not the god Haar and not even the goddess Titania.

You know what?

New kid acting like an elitist

I'm HORRIBLE at LTC in general, but I do know a bit about how Tibarn is useful.

I've only done HM like, once, and I can say a bit about it.

Yes, I'm horrible at LTC, but I've absorbed a bit of what my SF buddies, like PKL, Soul, Doku, etc. have told me about a unit's worth for drafts/LTC.

fe10 NM Drafts, 4th-5th round pick.

fe10 HM, IDK, probobly 3rd-4th.

In HM, he's good, when he exists.

But that's when he exists.

Janaff>Tibarn folks, deal with it.

The issue with Elincia is her contributions are 100% reliant on her staff utility. As a combat unit, I only found her useful in 2-E. I would rank her and Tibarn about the same, though. Possibly a little higher for Elincia.

As for Tibarn, yeah, I find some of the votes ridiculous, but I would say I find Tibarn better than Nephenee and Zihark.

Edited by Tyranel M

You know what?

New kid acting like an elitist

I'm HORRIBLE at LTC in general, but I do know a bit about how Tibarn is useful.

I've only done HM like, once, and I can say a bit about it.

Yes, I'm horrible at LTC, but I've absorbed a bit of what my SF buddies, like PKL, Soul, Doku, etc. have told me about a unit's worth for drafts/LTC.

fe10 NM Drafts, 4th-5th round pick.

fe10 HM, IDK, probobly 3rd-4th.

In HM, he's good, when he exists.

But that's when he exists.

Janaff>Tibarn folks, deal with it.

What you just posted as a whole lot of nothing aside from calling me out for being "new." Seriously, you quoted my entire post and failed to refute a single thing, other than saying Janaff > Tibarn (which I agree with btw, my initial score for Janaff > Tibarn). Can you tell me where I said Tibarn > Janaff? Right. What were you even trying to say here?!? It's not like my post was directed towards you (really, I was fine with your vote since you actually, you know played HM and voted with being biased) I'm sorry, (I really am since I kind of like you dude) but your post was stupid.

Oh and thanks for backing me up T_M. Though i'm afraid that now you've posted people will start 180ing their posts. Or maybe they won't because they're stubborn. Either way's fine with me. Most of these votes are utterly disgusting (and did the math and Tibarn would have actually going to score lower than Naesala if I counted most of the votes)

Edited by Starwave

4/10, for 3 chapters of availability and possibly being pointless if some of your other characters are good enough. Sure he can solo maps, but when you can have other characters who together can do the same thing he can in less time without him, I honestly don't see the point in using him.

What you just posted as a whole lot of nothing aside from calling me out for being "new." Seriously, you quoted my entire post and failed to refute a single thing, other than saying Janaff > Tibarn (which I agree with btw, my initial score for Janaff > Tibarn). Can you tell me where I said Tibarn > Janaff? Right. What were you even trying to say here?!? It's not like my post was directed towards you (really, I was fine with your vote since you actually, you know played HM and voted with being biased) I'm sorry, (I really am since I kind of like you dude) but your post was stupid.

Oh and thanks for backing me up T_M. Though i'm afraid that now you've posted people will start 180ing their posts. Or maybe they won't because they're stubborn. Either way's fine with me. Most of these votes are utterly disgusting (and did the math and Tibarn would have actually going to score lower than Naesala if I counted most of the votes)

Geez.

Play an fe10 draft, and you'll get a new view of FE10.

The tier list isn't always right, and hasn't been updated in a bit.

Besides, get real.

Tibarn might beat Zihark/Neph, but not Oscar/Mia/Nolan.

He's good, but not that good nor bad overall.

Edited by Sharpy

Geez.

Play an fe10 draft, and you'll get a new view of FE10.

The tier list isn't always right, and hasn't been updated in a bit.

Besides, get real.

Tibarn might beat Zihark/Neph, but not Oscar/Mia/Nolan.

He's good, but not that good nor bad overall.

No thank you, i'm not into drafts.

I disagree with your assertion that the tier list is wrong. It's not 100% "correct" (nothing with that complex is) but it's got damn good evidence to support it (in the form of past arguments.) Again, stop putting words into my mouth Sharpy. I never said he was better than any of those characters; my problem lies in users giving Tibarn a ridiculously low score with providing a solid argument to support their claim.

4/10, for 3 chapters of availability and possibly being pointless if some of your other characters are good enough. Sure he can solo maps, but when you can have other characters who together can do the same thing he can in less time without him, I honestly don't see the point in using him.

The royals will always be better than the vast majority of. You thinking he's pointless irrelevant. The fact that he's the best combat unit will always make him worth using over any other character in the game. Stop being biased.

Tanith:

7/10.She can fly, she has canto, alright bases, decent growths. Also, Earth Affinity is still awesome. Notably, her base stats are very similar to Marcia's averages at level 16, having Less HP and Speed, but winning in Strength, Magic, Luck and Resistance and drawing in Skill and Defence. However, she will have trouble doubling at first, and might be at a lower level than the GMs, depending on who and how many you've used.

Try again with your vote please.

Edited by Starwave

Ok, So LTC isn't everything... Availability also isn't everything, let's say we give a max rating to people based on availability:

Micaiah is available for 22/33 chaoters, that's HALF, so she would be able to get a 5/10 MAX

Edward would be: 4.8/10

Leo: 4.8/10

ILAYNA: 5.7/10

Tibarn: 1.6/10 MAX as a rating. Everything higher is ludicrous because he's only available for 16 % of the game.

So, to sum up, RTU's are ridiculously skewed, eternally.

This wasn't directed to anyone.