Samias's Art Stuff

Samias

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

handsigns? some of the fingers are awkwardly positioned but i like it overall.

also the character sketches feel like a renegade dojo lineup to me, with the woman with the bandana as the leader (she's sexy)

Oh wow ... Samias, when you have the time, please teach me how to ... hands. I mean ... just ... wow.

Also yeah the bandana lady whose name I forgot is pretty cool. Karyna's still my favorite though. Also incredibly belated because I forgot about it, but, "Never speak of that again!" I really don't see this line often enough lol.

They aren't handsigns in particular. Just... hands in different positions. Maybe someday I'll do a hand drawing tutorial, although drawing hands from my real life reference is in general easy but I totally flub trying to draw hands holding things like swords when I also have to include the body...

I didn't mention bandana lady's name! She's Samiya... who is basically someone I made as like some alternate universe Samias who accentuates all her silliest traits, and then slapped onto a biker chick. She's pretty much a retired character though.

Also, I worked on a thing for a contest and this is kinda hush-hush since nothing's been judged yet and I don't think I'm supposed to post what I worked on, but enjoy a little tiny preview of what I submitted. The actual submission is a fair bit larger but I probably cut out the weak, janky bits anyway. Still, this isn't going to end up on my blog for awhile sooo without further ado, here's a pic of Phoenix and Edgeworth!

aceattorney-tinycrop.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I love the classic hats like the mage hat, though admitted the glasses are totally not a classic headgear... But it was epicly good and pretty easy to make. Back in the day I also spent the time to make the raccoon hat and the magician hat. Those were month-long collection projects for what wasn't even Hat of the Sun God or Sunday Hat tiers of bragging (and let's not bring up the Kafra Headband).

Anyway, I spent the whole week on this one, bit by bit.

tumblr_mwc6wvwzyF1qixsfqo1_1280.png

Welcome back to the boards Erd :) And yes, it was fun trying new(ish) things. I don't do lineless stuff all that often. Anyway this is probably going to be one of the last things I post for awhile since I have some mega huge group project coming up @_@ ughhhh

tumblr_mwclsaKbA71qixsfqo1_1280.jpg

Ahh that painted masklady, how did I miss it earlier 0: It's very lovely! The bamboo in the back is kind of distracting but the hair is pretty enough to draw me away from them every time. Did you do the pattern on the dress by hand?

I enjoy the most recent one too, particularly the way the light is falling on the dress. I really like your colors recently ^__^ It seems like it could be really nice if you finished it.

I tried to make the bamboo not too strong and to frame everything atmospherically but I got laaaazy. The pattern is actually some handmade paper that i had scanned in and used for texture, also because I am lazy. I ended up using some liquify to shift it around but I didn't even cut it apart like I should have to fold properly. I'm working on short film right now for school with 7 other classmates so basically I've been working hard on the storyboards (which incidentally are too long and I went so overboard aahhh) plus I had some other storyboards due for my design class. Basically I've been drawing just like a couple hundred pages of work all week. Someone send help.

I squeaked out some related characters to Birdmask and buckethat girl, but most of the stuff just isn't as good because I didn't have the same kind of time to devote to them. The story is like fantasy Japan, sorta kinda Meiji period in setting. There are elements of colonialism sprinkled in, and the group of heroes have a number of bouts with an aggressive invasion force from overseas. It was a short RP that had a hastily written ending, kind of a shame because most of the region was left undeveloped except a small portion of the country's coastline.

tumblr_mwla8gYH601qixsfqo1_500.png

tumblr_mwn00yQbqh1qixsfqo1_1280.png

tumblr_mwn66iYdLY1qixsfqo1_1280.png

tumblr_mwwn78i6YI1qixsfqo1_500.png

tumblr_mwy6hfc6Bi1qixsfqo1_1280.png

So much merchant lurve <3I really like how you handled the angle of the Morning Star...I didn't think I would pick up on a feature so quickly but it really stoodut to me.

What classes did you play as, back in the day?

Thanks! The pose for Finrod took a long time for reasons.

I liked playing Xyra, my alchy/biochem the most. She was uber str build (140 str!! no god items!!) before she transed, and then went AB. But because I was always broke, my wizard became my main for WoE and could at least hit insta cast with battle chant. And then my monk Samias was agi combo mental strength and it worked out pretty well even though I couldn't use GF at all. I was at least a pretty good tank for Sean's ME priest and we'd duo Nameless Island and Geffen GD a lot. After Renewal hit, Xyra became a cart cannon geneticist, my wiz was grabbing the main elemental spells but no Tetra Vortex (maybe she would have gotten comet but idk), and my champ got neglected because all my maces for her went to sucksville. Instead I trained my lowly blacksmith all the way to a mechanic in like a week. She's an agility axe build since I like attacking fast. 190 aspd with the Hurricane Fury is pretty cool!

Here I am on ROPD

And here's Sean

Edited by Samias

Thanks you guys! Yes, Cath is indeed so bad. Not only are her stats nearly as bad as Chad's except she joins halfway through the game, her supports all rub me the wrong way as she tries to con every person she comes across. I don't even care if it's supposed to show character development by A rank, because sometimes she doesn't even redeem herself.

Here is the thing that drained away like 90% of my life for the past month

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing in the film answers why the fly is in there. The end product is embarrassing though and shall be left unseen unless you know how to search for it on vimeo.

I've been kind of lazy lately and also have a few commissions so have some stuff that's been sitting, waiting to be finished, that I'll be finishing over the holidays maybe.

tumblr_my51b1kLUM1s8o79no1_1280.png

tumblr_mxezmlXD6u1s8o79no2_r3_1280.png