Samias's Art Stuff

Samias

I love art trades! If anyone wants to initiate a trade they can probably point out a character of mine that they like the most <3

I managed to fit in two sketches into my leveling schedule. I might be slightly insane and leveled my blacksmith from level 95/50 -> 96/66 trans in 2 days. Solo. I think I need to step away from the keyboard for a bit eeehhhehehe good thing I asked for this.

This one's for Elieson, my apologies to anyone who doesn't understand the RO jokes ;_;

forelieson.jpg

And this is Phoenix's Nyx!

forphoenix-nyx.jpg

OMG I'm srsly hoping this wasn't on a 1/1/x...in fact I dot think that's even possible without major bubblegum and major Dual Client Geo leeching. ...hell even 10/10/x would be nuts. U Rich? Lol.

Man I miss RO banter...I am soooooo glad you exist~~~

Also Lenh has/had a PecoPeco as his Avatar...we should bump him.

-artwork talk-

You know I said that on my first trip to GH myself back pre-Comodo when 2-2 didn't even exist. Yea I still hate it there. Yet I always get shafted as the party priest for DL hunting. Only now it's Geffenia in between DL killing sprees. I absolutely love it though. I /adore/ the cape work /no1

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm playing on the Renewal server so a lot of the grind from 1-99 has been greatly reduced, but this is still the fastest I've ever gone in my life. I'm playing on the iRO Chaos server (yes they went back to naming their servers Chaos and Loki) and with the current Christmas events and VIP service, I've probably got x3 exp/drops. I found some battle manuals collecting dust in my storage and while I haven't used them for the majority of my levels, it was insane when I was probably running on like x6 exp. My gear is somewhat out of date but still works good enough. I never had really high end gear, just functional gear. Bear in mind all the food buffs I get for free from an NPC (but they don't really have much impact with Renewal mechanics...)

Sometimes my boyfriend and I level on the same map together so we can throw each other buffs, but it's not a stick-together kind of party because we both kill so fast solo.

[spoiler=Progress shots]

screenChaos006.jpg

screenChaos015.jpg

This build looks weird but I do 2000 damage a hit to harpies. If I crit I deal 3000 damage. I expect a 3 shot but sometimes 2 shot, and all I'm doing is ctrlclicking <3

Edited by Samias

And this is Phoenix's Nyx!

forphoenix-nyx.jpg

Awesome! Thanks again~ :^_^:

Iii'd consider the art trade too, but all I really do normally is spriting so it'd either be a fullbody done FE10 style or me doing 'experiments' to find another style to use. I'll get back to you on that ... eventually.

I don't have to get anything in return, though I like trades regardless. Anyway, this thread will be properly updated with more art in 2013, when I get back from Hawaii in a week. <3 thank you this year for following my thread everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

I am back at school now! I missed my computer. I kinda got my arm crushed by a car door but at least it wasn't my drawing arm. So without further ado, here's more requests complete! I got a little rusty in Hawaii running around without being able to stop and draw.

Phoenix's Gabbie:

forphoenix-gabbie.jpg

kdanger's Athenais:

forkdanger-athenais.jpg

Glad you like! My arm will be fine, it's just bruised up. It was more an insult to my dignity as a person because my dad said it was my fault my arm was in the way and never apologized.

Almost lost my finger to one of those opening car roof things once so I can sympathize.

I forgot to mention that Gabbie's main weapon's a lance but that's alright; it's not the only weapon she knows how to use and that knife looks pretty cool on her~

Maybe I should go back and fix it. I think the pose would actually work with both a knife or a spear.

Anyway, some new (but sort of rushed?) art. I need to get some drive and inspiration back but I'm working with blocking out big silhouettes.

tumblr_mgftcvv6sc1qixsfqo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mgftcvv6sc1qixsfqo2_1280.jpg

If you don't mind adding in the spear, by all means. Just one thing though. She's currently got a killer lance, so I'd reference Devdan's from FE10.

Also that the same one as the girl in your sig? Always thought she was blonde for some reason lol.

Yeah it's the same girl! She's always had white hair although I have a few alternate colour palettes that include blue hair and brown hair. I should maybe put together even more schemes, just for fun.

I used light blue hair with the light outfit (since I originally had the white hair with a darker outfit). The brown haired version had a significantly different colour palette, wearing a green + cream dress. The staff colour also went through a couple minor variations of brown. I might throw in even more variations so you can think of it as something like a Smash Bros colour option~

Edited by Samias

I personally like the green the most of the alts, but canonically she's in the white that I shaded.

I am in a slumpy week in which I don't feel like cleaning up my drawings, or I am unable to get them over the "poop" stage. Behold some of the junk that regularly comes out of my pen!

[spoiler=This is my 2nd attempt at this pic actually and I am 22 and how do spines and legs work]

nevergonnaworkonthisagainprobably.jpg

[spoiler=And a cute girl]

diascrap.jpg

Edited by Samias

I think he feels emasculated by a lot of things. He's probably the moodiest guy I've ever drawn, always frowning. I even made a Mii of him with a ridiculous shocked/angry face.

Alright, even more sketches comin' up. Some of these were sitting in my sketchbook over the holidays and I only just got around to scanning em, others are just from today or yesterday.

[spoiler=More moody silhouette stuff]

tumblr_mgha6nkq3M1qixsfqo2_1280.jpg

[spoiler=This is very similar to what I posted near the beginning of this thread hmmm]tumblr_mgha6nkq3M1qixsfqo1_1280.jpg

[spoiler=Some stuff out of the sketchbook]tumblr_mgi1gv9VVT1qixsfqo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mgi1gv9VVT1qixsfqo2_1280.jpg

They're fun! I can just splat stuff down on the page and pick out the pieces. It helps me for less static poses so I can't stop myself right away and go "waitwaitwait this doesn't look right".

This one I drew for Mewiyev :U It's one of her OCs, Dain.

tumblr_mgjedqiP5d1qixsfqo1_1280.jpg

Edited by Samias

I'm in no mood to clean up my drawings lately and I have no idea when that is going to change. That said, have some more stuff.

[spoiler=Hotaru the wind mage]

tumblr_mgowpgQX1I1qixsfqo1_500.jpg

[spoiler=Eadrin the ???]

tumblr_mgsqzhAv2R1qixsfqo1_1280.jpg

[spoiler=Random speedpaints that have nothing to do with anything except shore up my painting skills]

joanna-clouds.png

joanna-eyepainting.jpg

Edited by Samias