Samias's Art Stuff

Samias

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anna and Jack Frost were fun. Fire Emblem and SMT are like my two favourite game series that I obsess on and on about. I used to run Persona RPs with a friend of mine.

Bartre was also fun to draw. Om nom nom nom

noo_bartre_stoooop_by_xyrafhoan-d5sp17i.png

Hahah awesome. Bartre's right foot seems to be at an odd angle in relation to the rest of leg but that's about all I see off about it. Man, how'd Bartre manage to win over Karla? This query may drive me insane so I'll just stop thinking about it now ...

*sigh* Karla :sob:

Yeah I messed up the foot, but oh well. I'm glad you like it Elieson, since it was at least a fun little thing to put together.

Next up, a portrait of Gaius! I've been at home or out of the house all day, so I drew this on paper and coloured it with marker instead of using my school equipment.

tumblr_mh9pdedWPv1qixsfqo1_400.jpg

I seem to hate myself a lot because I keep trying to draw people riding horses.

tumblr_mhbfc37Mlc1qixsfqo1_1280.jpg

Stalh deployed in the fog of war that doesn't actually exist in this game :Da

Edit: Uploaded some originals too, because I haven't just been working on this!

arwik_redesign_sketch_by_xyrafhoan-d5szm8r.jpg

juno_sketch_1_27_2013_by_xyrafhoan-d5szmeu.jpg

Edited by Samias

Wah, I got Fire Emblem on Tuesday and it is sucking out my soul and sabotaging my work XD OH WELL. Serenes was down the other day so I never got to post my picture of Olivia here.

fire_emblem__awakening___olivia_by_xyrafhoan-d5t3r10.png

Also POLL TIME, I need to make a decision about which colour scheme to use for a character.

[spoiler=#1]joanna-knightcolourkey1.jpg

[spoiler=#2]joanna-knightcolourkey2.jpg

[spoiler=#3]joanna-knightcolourkey3.jpg

[spoiler=All together in order]joanna-knightcolourkey1-mini.jpgjoanna-knightcolourkey2-mini.jpgjoanna-knightcolourkey3-mini.jpg

Edited by Samias

Ooh lovely Olivia! I like your drawing of her way more than her official art D8

As for the palette, TBH it's pretty hard to tell the difference because they're so big and I have to scroll down to see each full image. Side by side would be nice, but I'm leaning towards the 2nd one from what I can tell.

I updated the images so there are the three full sized images plus a lineup of the three choices compressed down in size so you can see the differences. #1's red armor has the most desaturation and has the darkest secondary armor colour, but the most vibrant scarf, #2 uses warm grey for its secondary armor colour and has more saturated red, and #3 uses cool grey and has a darker red.

Oh yeah, easier for me to pick stuff out, thanks! #2 looks most balanced and pleasing to the eye, perhaps it could benefit from the lighter hair color of the first one, the skin color is dark-ish and I think it'd look nice to have the hair contrasting more with it.

But I think it also depends on what it's for? If I recall, you had animated this character before in a game-esque pose, and I think if he was shrunk down and animated heavily, like in a game, you might want something with higher contrast in general, kind of like in the 3rd palette, maybe with the vibrant scarf color of the 1st. Sorry if I am overcomplicating this way too much haha

my logic was that #1 was too pale and #3 is too tan sunburnt

so i went with voting #2 for being in the middle of the skin color scenario. plus the hue of the blue on the badge of the sash was perfectly done

Thank you all for your help ladies and gents. I ended up going with #2 with some hair modification and then went ahead with shading it.

tumblr_mhq49jpy9N1qixsfqo1_1280.png

Oh and I did some hasty BG work today. It's quite maddening...

tumblr_mhpuzrpMmp1qixsfqo1_500.jpg

Edited by Samias

The top-left that is cut off is "shokudo", which essentially means eatery, and then from left to right there's Yodobashi Camera, a vague silhouette of Tsutaya's logo, Isetan and its logo, stuff that is kind of reminiscent of McDonalds and Starbucks, and then a big karaoke sign.

The face is just kind of okay. I guess I'm being really picky but I probably should've softened up the eyes to match the shading style but I know doing semi-realistic eyes would take me yet another day. I just wanted to be a little more ambitious for my schoolwork. And no, Donnel is the one who does the spear breaking, and then gets his face broken on hoards of enemies who double attack him :( </FireEmblemAwakening>

Whoa I dig the finished coloring on these. I love the colors you went with.

I realize it might be too late for you to go back into these, buuut, the second guy tho (he's so great), it's kind of amazing that his helmet thing stays on, given how much room there is from the side of his face and the inside of the helmet showing :V Face in general looks kidna narrow, and also the arm holding the spear uh, the forearm doesn't vary in size at all, even if it's foreshortened there should still be some fattening near the elbow or thinning for the wrist.

What kinda assignment is this? Just character design orrrr

This is a colouring class, so I get tips from my teacher on digital painting for both characters and backgrounds. This is also going into some model packs I'm working on in my own time for portfolio purposes. I'll definitely see about going into the picture and making some changes. I knew there was something about the foreshortened arm that wasn't really working.

[spoiler=WIPs I have scanned in already]

junocarbuncle-flatcolour.jpg

tumblr_mhbn1oGzgS1qixsfqo3_1280.jpg

It's such a dudefest but I have some female characters who just haven't been scanned in yet.

Edited by Samias

Hory clap, your stuff's amazing. The shading, line quality, and anatomy are all great.

I'd like to do an art trade if you're still doing those, but I actually don't know what you'd like for me to draw. D:

I can't wait to see more. :D

I'd love to do an art trade even though I'm supposed to be working on my model pack XD just PM me if you want to start one!

I finished up another picture, but I'm not entirely happy with the daggerchin so tomorrow I might fix it up. This one's definitely a lot more subdued and gloomy.

Edit: Fixed

tumblr_mhu4qdEXUu1qixsfqo1_r4_1280.png

Edited by Samias