FE4 Top 5 Pairings

luigi bros

I'm writing a pairing guide for FE4 and I really don't want to check each possible husband with each wife.

So I'm asking you:

What are the top 5 pairings for each mother?

I'll be writing based on those 5 instead of every singe possible pairing.

In my opinion:

Aideen - Midir, Jamka, Azel, ???, ???

Aira - Noishe, Jamka, Holyn, Lex, Dew

Lachesis - Fin, Beowulf, ???, ???, ???

Sylvia - Levin, Claude, Holyn, ???, ???

Fury - Levin, Claude, Alec, Azel, ???

Tiltyu - Lex, Azel, Levin, ???, ???

Brigid - Dew, Holyn, Jamka, ???, ???

I'm pretty sure that Claude x Aideen, Lachesis, and maybe even Tiltyu should be there. The +1 rank he gives to staves (for female children, Majur Holy Blood for the males) is indispensable.

Claude and Aideen is a really great pairing. Rescue and Fortify in Chapter 6 is amazing if you've ever experienced it. The only problem is you shaft Lester, but usually you won't use him or won't even care if you want to favoritism Lana by giving her those staves. It also ensures a Master Knight Leaf can get Rescue before Chapter 10, so if you promote him ASAP that can save turns enormously.

I suppose Briggid and Midir is possible and maybe her and Noish or Alec. Lachesis could try Azel for magic growth on Nanna and better using magic swords for both of the kids

Aideen - Midir, Jamka, Azel, Fin(for Lana's stat boost convo), Claude

Aira - Hoyln/Lex(I put them together because I feel they both have things to offer as the number one choice), Dew, Jamka, Fin(once again convo stat boost)

Lachesis - Fin, Beowulf(as much as I hate him), Azel, Dew,

Sylvia - Lex, Claude, Levin, Holyn,

Fury - Levin, Azel, Lex, Alec,

Tiltyu - Azel, Levin, Lex

Brigid - Dew, Holyn, Jamka, Midir,

Anywho that's just me

Azel/Fury is actually awful, Sety is good no matter what and Fee gets screwed up. Sylvia really only has 2 pairings, Claude and spinsterhood, because her kids are 99% unique utility.

If we're ranking the pairings, my two cents is:

Ayra: Holyn, Lex, Noish

Aideen: Jamka, Midir, Claude, Dew, Azel

Lachesis: Beowulf, Dew, Claude, Lex

Sylvia: Claude, Nobody

Fury: Levin, Lex, Claude, Noish

Tiltyu: Azel, Levin, Lex

Briggid: Dew, Holyn, Midir

Since you want top 5 for each

Aideen - Midir, Jamka, Azel, Lex, Claude

Aira - Noishe, Jamka, Holyn, Lex, Dew

Lachesis - Fin, Beowulf, Alec, Lex, Azel

Sylvia - Levin, Claude, Holyn, Lex, Azel

Fury - Levin, Claude, Alec, Azel Noish, Lex

Tiltyu - Lex, Azel, Levin, Claude, and surprisingly Ardan

Brigid - Dew, Holyn, Jamka, Noish, Lex

Yeah I really do think that elite is good enough to put Lex in every pairings top five.

Edited by Second Pronoun

Ayra-Noish, Dew, Lex, Fin, Ardan

LAchesis-Fin, Beowulf, Alec, Claude, Azel, Lex

TIltyu-Levin, LEx, Ardan, Azel, Claude, FIIIN

Fury-Lex, Noish, Claude, FIn, Someone who can pass A swords to Fee, Maybe Alec, Azel, Levin.

Aideen-Claude, Midir, Jamka, Ardan, Lex, FIn

Briggid-Jamka, Midir, Holyn, Beowulf, Dew, Ardan, Noish, Lex, Fin

Sylvia-Claude, Levin, Holyn, Dew, Ardan, Azel, Fin

FIn is so foolproof.

Aideen - Midir, Jamka, Azel, Claude, Dew

(former two focus on Lester, middle two on Lana, and Dew is the best collective father I can think of.)

Ayra - Noish, Jamka, Holyn, Lex, Dew

(Ayra's probably best to focus on the pairings that suck: Alec, Claude, etc. since everything else works pretty well.)

Lachesis - Fin, Beowulf, Lex, Claude, --

(there really isn't a fifth great one ime; some say Levin or Azel for magic swords but I never tried it. otherwise, just pick something that passes down pursuit and not-awful stats like ...Midir or Alec I guess. or Dew for bargain. Claude's there because B Staves Nanna is great and Delmud is always a potential charisma-bot no matter his dad.)

Sylvia - Levin, Claude, Holyn, Dew, --

(again, isn't really a fifth good dad. hell, I'd put the fifth as "dead" because charisma.)

Fury - Levin, Claude, Alec, Noish, Lex

(every dad-potential for Fury should concentrate on Fee, with the exception of Holsety. Sety is good even if some scrub who passes down shit skills and shit inheritance and shit stats like Midir is his dad, so Fee is the only wild card. Claude, Noish, and Lex each provide something to Fee, and peripherally something good to Sety. Alec gives Sety essentially nothing but he does make Fee arrowproof which is ...okay. mostly just gimmicky ime, rather than useful.)

Tiltyu - Lex, Azel, Levin, Claude, --

(once again, there really isn't one. two magic kids means either a magic dad (all three are there) or an absolutely fucking amazing skillset (he's there too). anyway, I like Linda more.

I have fixed this to be accurate. None of the lists are necessarily in order. I have very little experience pairing Briggid (holyn!patty or bust) so I left it out.

EDIT: My views on Briggid are that Briggid herself passes down *most* of what Faval needs and Patty is pretty damn hard to salvage (and is salvaged by things that improve Faval, incidentally) so the list of pairing-potentials are basically "what makes Patty worth using" which isn't a very long list.

Edited by Integrity

tiltyuXardan, bitches

IME, HolsetyPatty and HolsetyFaval are a crapton of fun to play with. It makes Faval suprisingly broken, even if he only has a 25% strength growth he's getting a 10 strength bonus from Ichival, and DAT SKILLSET. He also gets ridiculous speed. Patty is also fun with critical and continue, as well as a magic sword. She also dodges like everything because high speed and high luck.

OK, this is what I think is good. If you have suggestions for corrections, please let me know.

Aideen - Midir/Jamka/Azel/Claude/Fin (Had a bit of trouble with the last one, but I went with Fin for the conversation)

Aira - Holyn/Lex/Dew/Noishe/Jamka

Lachesis - Azel/Fin/Beowulf/Claude/Alec (Alec because of pursuit/inheritance)

Sylvia - Levin/Claude/Lex/Holyn/Nobody (This is the only time I'd say nobody)

Fury - Azel/Claude/Levin/Alec/Noishe

Tiltyu - Lex/Azel/Claude/Levin/Fin (For Wrath+Prayer)

Brigid - Dew/Holyn/Jamka/Lex/Midir

I'm sure there's room for improvement, but what do you think of these?

I'd still say Ardan over Fin for Tiltyu. I've tried both and Wrath+Ambush is much much better than Wrath+Prayer. Prayer can be very inconsistent and it only lasts 1 turn. Also Ardan is easier to pair with Tiltyu than Fin is. I'd still say that you should replace FuryAzel with FuryLex because Azel doesn't bring much to the table, he makes Fury worse and Sety is pretty well set no matter who his father is, plus Volcanon sucks. For Briggid, Beowulf and Alec are much better for Patty than Midir because they can pass down swords. Faval doesn't really need a good father to become good, but Patty does.

How's this then?

Aideen - Midir/Jamka/Azel/Claude/Fin (Had a bit of trouble with the last one, but I went with Fin for the conversation)

Aira - Holyn/Lex/Dew/Noishe/Jamka

Lachesis - Azel/Fin/Beowulf/Claude/Alec (Alec because of pursuit/inheritance)

Sylvia - Levin/Claude/Lex/Holyn/Nobody (This is the only time I'd say nobody)

Fury - Lex/Claude/Levin/Alec/Noishe

Tiltyu - Lex/Azel/Claude/Levin/Ardan

Brigid - Dew/Holyn/Jamka/Lex/Midir

OK, this is what I think is good. If you have suggestions for corrections, please let me know.

Seriously, dude, FuryXAzel is utterly pointless. Sety will not be significantly better stat-wise, Fee will be markedly worse, and neither of them is getting a single skill from the equation.

EDIT: goddammit

Otherwise I maintain Dew > Fin for Aideen. Bargain is amazing for Lana and Lester benefits from being able to get in on the Elite Ring trading ASAP.

EDIT2: Also, having now tried it, LexXLachesis is seriously worth pursuing. I'd peg it over AlecXLachesis, and maybe over the Magic Swords Brigade (which I'm still not convinced of the usefulness). Lex can pass down a Silver Blade (or Delmud's combat can be kinda shit for C6) and then Delmud buys swords from people anyway.

Edited by Integrity

Seriously, dude, FuryXAzel is utterly pointless. Sety will not be significantly better stat-wise, Fee will be markedly worse, and neither of them is getting a single skill from the equation.

EDIT: goddammit

Otherwise I maintain Dew > Fin for Aideen. Bargain is amazing for Lana and Lester benefits from being able to get in on the Elite Ring trading ASAP.

EDIT2: Also, having now tried it, LexXLachesis is seriously worth pursuing. I'd peg it over AlecXLachesis, and maybe over the Magic Swords Brigade (which I'm still not convinced of the usefulness). Lex can pass down a Silver Blade (or Delmud's combat can be kinda shit for C6) and then Delmud buys swords from people anyway.

The lack of Pursuit really turns me away from LachesisxLex. I can see how tanky Delmud and Nanna will be. Delmud will get Continue(Adept) upon promotion which he will hit pretty early due to Elite(Paragon). Unless someone didn't pair TiltyuxLevin, then I can see Delmud having the Pursuit Ring.

Anyways, here's what I think the best pairings are from better to worse.

Aideen: Midir, Fin, Jamka, Claude, Azel

Ayra: Lex, Noishe, Holyn, Dew, Jamka

Lachesis: Fin, Beowulf, Azel, Alec, Claude

Sylvia: Claude, Levin, Azel, Lex, Alec or death

Fury: Levin(1 turn pairing), Claude, Lex, Noishe, Alec

Tiltyu: Levin, Azel, Lex, Claude, Fin(if you can do it)

Brigid: HOLYN!, Dew, Alec, Beowulf, Noishe

Edited by Pitbuller26

I've gathered these results from the polls

Aideen - Midir, Jamka, Claude, Azel, Fin

Aira - Noishe, Lex, Holyn, Dew, Jamka

Lachesis - Fin, Beowulf, Lex, Azel, Claude

Sylvia - Claude, Nobody, Lex, Levin, Dew

Fury - Levin, Claude, Noishe, Lex, Alec

Tiltyu - Azel, Levin, Lex, Nobody, Claude

Brigid - Holyn, Dew, Lex, Midir, Jamka

This is the general opinion on good pairings.

Edited by luigi bros

BriggidXArdan.

Is fun to try, but I can't really think of a good point about it, other than the fact that they're both foot units and won't be apart from each other very otfen.