Promotion choices

So I'm trying to decide on the best classes to promote several of my characters. I'm playing on Hard Mode and plan to CC afterward. I also intend to abuse the swiftsole run, so low movement is a nonfactor for me. The most obvious thing to do is just pick the classes with the highest caps (ex: Sage over MK in Lute's case) but I wanted some opinions on whether certain classes just work better for certain characters. Gerik going Hero instead of Ranger is a good example of this.

So here's the list of people I haven't decided upon yet:

Gilliam; I usually go GK for the additional move, but I'm thinking of General this time around for the higher defensive caps

Neimi; I prefer Ranger for the added use of swords, I've considered Sniper purely for the higher strength cap

Colm; He's most often my rogue (Rennac is trash, IMO) but adding a potential OHKO unit would be nice

Amelia; I rarely use her, and when I have, it's always been as a Paladin, but I would like to try either GK or General for the higher caps

Ewan; This is usually my backup MK to L'Arachel, but I've never tried him as a Druid/Summoner or Sage

I didn't take skills into consideration because of how unreliable they are the majority of the time.

Neimi; I prefer Ranger for the added use of swords, I've considered Sniper purely for the higher strength cap

Considering that the Sniper's Strength cap is all of one point higher... I'd say one extra strength is not nearly enough to tip the scales in Sniper's favor at all.

if you intent to do a swiftsole run, why not get yourself some monster weapons too?

this way weapon types don't matter anymore either.

Because I'm playing on a cart and I'd really like to avoid corrupting it. I know the chances are slim, but I've had this thing forever and it just isn't worth the risk to me.

So here's the list of people I haven't decided upon yet:

Gilliam; I usually go GK for the additional move, but I'm thinking of General this time around for the higher defensive caps

Colm; He's most often my rogue (Rennac is trash, IMO) but adding a potential OHKO unit would be nice

Amelia; I rarely use her, and when I have, it's always been as a Paladin, but I would like to try either GK or General for the higher caps

Ewan; This is usually my backup MK to L'Arachel, but I've never tried him as a Druid/Summoner or Sage

I didn't take skills into consideration because of how unreliable they are the majority of the time.

General has higher caps and great shield skill.

You can boost Rennac to proper stats and have him be your rogue. But Colm would require fewer (except in defences I think).

Just go Ranger for Neimi since Sniper doesn't offer much that a ranger cannot already do, but has access to swords. And access to swords means Zanbato for those centaur creatures and you have lancereaver option to get the best over lances.

For amelia, general wins again in caps and skill.

Ewan shouldn't go mage knight. Pitiful caps compared to the rest, and CC has all dark magic. Anima will be an issue with stone by improving accuracy. Oh, and +4 con from body ring for no AS loss makes luna epic (despite shady accuracy still). Druid and summoner are not all that different since the they have similar caps, and its more for the dark magic utility. Despite Luna having bad accuracy, maxed skill, S rank in dark, and supports sort of fix all that. Druid would offer you the ability to use Bolting eventually, and summons are more for shiz and giggles.

Edited by Eryth

Because I'm playing on a cart and I'd really like to avoid corrupting it. I know the chances are slim, but I've had this thing forever and it just isn't worth the risk to me.

Chances aren't "Slim" to corrupt through Enemy Control Glitch, they're "Nonexistant".