Rate the Unit, Epilogue!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH SORRY

ratings over too bad so sad

EDIT: But for real, no "best unit" in any of the other RTU topics have gotten a perfect 10/10, so I don't see why MU has to get it. Seth and Sigurd are just as game breaking and they only got a 9.91 and 9.96 respectively.

MU has the Dracoknight Class and in H1 that's basically flying Seth with 10 move.

Okay, So i may end the Poll Early because of IRL Plans.

If that's the case, I'll be ending it at July 11th, From 1900 EST - 2000 EST!

MU has the Dracoknight Class and in H1 that's basically flying Seth with 10 move.

He also competes with much better units than Seth and Sigurd do. For real, the best unit in FE8 you probably have after Seth is Franz, and he's nowhere near the level of Catria and Palla. Not that Catria and Palla take away from MU, but the quality of good units in FE12 is better than most games, and the best units in other games (who are making much more of an impact with their awesome) don't even have 10/10's.

Its not necessary to change MU's score and it just opens the door for people to bitch and get more scores changed because they don't like other people's logic or how the score looks, even after the rating period is over. Which I think is stupid.

Edited by frat_tastic

But just like it's funny to vote a unit 9.9, it's also funny to completely ignore the vote made and change it to what we want!

Oh yeah, I forgot Malliesia doesn't have Slayer either. Guess that's another -0.01 to her rating, too.

Edited by Tyranel M

No, her score looks ugly and I would like to see it changed to something more aesthetically pleasing. Plus looking at some of her scores, I disagree with a lot of the reasoning. Justifications such as "let Medeus eat her" and "no" do not provide any insight as to why Maria would get the score they gave her ("0" for both of those).

Poll please.

Okay, let me just say one thing about this, for starters, i am not going to target the content of any of the posts about ratings themselves, this is purely about putting up the poll and why I am against that.

In MU's rating topic, votes were cast, in the end my vote was not declined, and taken into the average. Now we are here, and because people dislike my reasoning, whatever it may be, they use that dislike for it as a justification to just throw my vote away. I.e., The people here use their dislike/discontent etc to justify removing everything that doesn't fit in their perspective.

And that's what I didn't like. Just because people disagree with me, it's ok to say "he doesn't count"

After voting was over, the average would stand, as for example:

1, that's completely unacceptable to give him no points solely for his personality. You've only barely touched on his gameplay performance. 2, after I say tallying, I'm not counting anymore votes. It's cool that you want to get involved, but just know that I will not be counting your vote into Makalov's score for both of those reasons.

Reason two of course what i'm referring to. Cast votes are cast votes. My vote was added and part of the average. Never has an average been altered, and now it has just because people didn't like the average. That's what is bugging me. I hope you guys can understand that. No matter the argument, it is just bad ethics to throw a vote out just because you don't agree/like it.

If I would have opened the topic, and had lowered MU's score because I didn't like all your tens, and would have taken them out of the average , you wouldn't be happy either right? The poll was not about placement on the list, it was about "do we want to throw Sal's vote away." Now replace my name with yours, would you be happy?

Using dislike (or whatever) for something as a justification to cast it out is wrong.

And I'm not going to bother replying to anyone anymore about this, because if people don't understand that, i'm not going to get through to them anyway.

I'd guess modifications are fair if there's enough support and strong enough reasoning behind them agreed upon. If the majority voted for it and there was sufficient backing up I'd be fine with it.

I know you aren't arguing. But if you look at your reasoning you're literally voting out of 9.9 instead of out of 10 because no character can fufill that condition due to gameplay mechanics.

Edited by arvilino

Agreed. I'd honestly probably let the vote slide if he hadn't

A) had given completely retarded logic

B) given Malicia a PASS on said completely retarded logic, therefore;

C) Malicia > MU

Agreed. I'd honestly probably let the vote slide if he hadn't

A) had given completely retarded logic

B) given Malicia a PASS on said completely retarded logic, therefore;

C) Malicia > MU

Actually, if it wasn't for Sal's retarded logic with MU, I could believe C. Then again, MU alone saves a good amount of turns in Prologue and Malliesia + Hammerne also costs turns. I'm not saying these can't be made up either - I'm only pointing out that if we're going on a strict turncount scale like he was, penalties should be applied equally. Also, to "save" turns on Hammerne requires the Rescue staff use, which Sal whined about using on Midia.

Still, with said retarded logic, it would be impossible to get a 10/10 without bias. Malliesia would likely be ranked where MU is, and possibly only higher by hundredth of points.

Edited by Tyranel M