Awakening's cast

33 members have voted

1. 1. Is Awakening's cast better than the others?

• Yes
    • No
    • About the same

Do you think that Awakenings cast as a whole is better than the previous games(i.e. personality, role they fill, etc.)?

I mean, it depends how you define the quality of the series. Obviously 1, 3, 11, and kinda 12 were lacking a lot in this respect since they reflect a very early manifestation of the series where tactics was the focus and characters were very peripheral. (I can't speak for Gaiden since I haven't played it).

FE4 and 5 had a decent amount of characterization for important characters, and not as much for other characters - I'd say that FE13 is better than 4&5 in this regard.

FE6-10 had really thoughtful supports and characterization as we have come to expect from FE games and every character is given at least something unique even if it's a re-hashed anime character trope. I would say that FE13 matches up pretty well with this standard.

Hope that answers your question.

Edited by thunderstrife

Only played the English game, but primary character development seems to involve supports, and considering all of the many support options in Awakening, I would guess so, and as long as each character says about 1 sentence it should pass FE10-11 in development.

@thunderstrife

Sorry, but I have to disagree, at least to part of your comment.

I mean, it depends how you define the quality of the series. Obviously 1, 3, 11, and kinda 12 were lacking a lot in this respect since they reflect a very early manifestation of the series where tactics was the focus and characters were very peripheral. (I can't speak for Gaiden since I haven't played it).

FE12 doesn't lack in personality at all. It's one of the only two games in the series with both full-fledged base and support conversation, if anything.

FE4 and 5 had a decent amount of characterization for important characters, and not as much for other characters - I'd say that FE13 is better than 4&5 in this regard.

FE5, perhaps, but FE4? FE4 has quite detailed descriptions on playable units, major enemies, and even some background (unseen) characters.

FE6-10 had really thoughtful supports and characterization as we have come to expect from FE games and every character is given at least something unique even if it's a re-hashed anime character trope. I would say that FE13 matches up pretty well with this standard.

Mostly agree, except that FE10 doesn't have enough base conversations.

The only correct answer is "We don't know." Unless you're fluent in Japanese, the fan-translated support conversations are only small glimpses into how well the cast will end up developed.

true, but from the supports the characters seem good so far (besides the peg knights who are a bit bland)

Character wise, the characters in FE13 are so much better then the other cast- but probably because the support conversations make them all seem unique and quite amusing. I hate loath don't like the characters from FE1-3 as they seem quite simple compared to the complex natures of other characters. HOWEVER, I don't think there is a strong antihero in this game, which is my favorite personality type in the whole of fiction (Lyon in FE8, for example, is an antihero) which kinda sucks.

Lyon isn't an anti-hero at all. An anti-hero is someone like, say, Vegeta (or maybe even Innes if you want a FE example) who, while being a protagonist, has many traits that are different from the archetypical hero. While we feel sympathy for Lyon, he's still one of the main antagonists of the story, making him an anti-villain, not an anti-hero.