Mid2Agb

Mikey Séregon

AFAIK I'm using Windows 7 and it works just fine.

I would try... redownloading it. Sadly, that's all I got. is the file "fclose.c" assembled as part of the program itself or what?

If you need other ways to insert music, you could try Sappy 2006 Mod 15 or Zahlman's Song Editor. If you really need tr.exe to work, you could try it on a different computer... I doubt it's the MIDI that's affecting it, but you could try changing that too. But seriously, my only real suggestion is redownloading it from a different source or something, idk...

I downloaded the program from FEShrine, and apparently it's the only source XD, because in other forums (Most of them PKM Hacking related) have links to FEShrine...

Anyways, looks like I have to use other PC.

Could it maybe be because you're not on an English OS? I've seen miscellaneous problems caused by this, but they're so far and few between, it's probably not your problem. A brief google would suggest the problem isn't even meant to be seen on the end-user side, and that there's a problem with the program itself if this is happening :o

Could you explain what you're explicitly doing to get the debug assertion failure prompt to appear? The assertion is checking to ensure that the stream of data (from the MIDI) actually has... data in it. Since the assertion is failing, that either means that 1) the stream is being closed before the assertion, 2) the stream does not open properly from the get go, or 3) the data is, for some reason, empty (a NULL pointer). Have you tried using a different MIDI file? Perhaps the one that you're trying to convert is corrupted some how. Have you had someone else with the program try the same MIDI file? Do you have multiple programs accessing the MIDI at the same time? Have you tried renaming the folder from "mid2agb" to "mid2gba" (perhaps the program is hardcoded to have that be the name of its source folder)?

There are a handful of options that you can still try.

Could you explain what you're explicitly doing to get the debug assertion failure prompt to appear?
I just open the program, click on the button, and when the name of the midi appear in the program it shows the error...
Have you tried using a different MIDI file?
I've tried with different midis, even with midis that are already included in the hack.
Have you had someone else with the program try the same MIDI file?
I haven't tried yet...
Do you have multiple programs accessing the MIDI at the same time?
No.
Have you tried renaming the folder from "mid2agb" to "mid2gba" (perhaps the program is hardcoded to have that be the name of its source folder)?
I didn't rename the folder when I had XP and it worked normally.

I just open the program, click on the button, and when the name of the midi appear in the program it shows the error...

I've tried with different midis, even with midis that are already included in the hack.

I haven't tried yet...

No.

I didn't rename the folder when I had XP and it worked normally.

Well, uhh, I got nothing then. Either the download corrupted the file (rather unlikely) or Celice is probably right. The only other suggestion I could come up with would be to get someone else's (i.e. another hacker's) copy of the program, one that they know for certain works on Win7. If a known, working copy doesn't work on your OS, then the issue's probably there, for whatever reason (and, knowing Microsoft, it'd probably be something silly, like a bug added during translation).

If you're desperate, you could try running a virtual machine of Windows XP, if you think that will help. Windows 7 has one included but limits its accessibility only to the more expensive versions of the OS. Then you can run the program in a similar environment to your old one... Does the readme state it uses anything you might need to redownload or update on your new machine, any runtimes or other files like that?

I would suggest you upload your files for us so that we can verify the files are working, and that the problem seems to be on your side. That can hopefully narrow down the problem so better advice can be given.