Mafia of the Manly Men

Excellen Browning

Rules:

• This game is Limited Outside Contact. The only Outside Contact allowed in this game will be through the Carrier Pigeon System, which greatly resembles the Pesterchum system from Homestuck mafia
    • Any discussion of the game outside of the moderator-sanctioned PM conversations is strictly prohibited

[*]Every user has a role PM. This role PM is built up as follows:

• This game and the roles are inspired by the Fist of the Blue Sky (Souten no Ken) manga. However I've added some really obscure characters to the game so don't take their obscurity as proof of someone's fakeclaim.
    • Players are not allowed to quote their role PM and whatnot before the start of the Day 2 Phase, after that it's fine.
    • Role PM's are built up like this:

Dear [player],

You are an evil person

You are a scumbag of epic proportions and as such you have joined the scumbags in this game and will be fighting with your scumbag buddies against the evil baby eaters.

During the the night you may reply to your role pm with "Night X - Eat <USER>'s babies". You will eat <USER>'s babies, which will cause <USER> to mourn their babies the next day, causing them to be unable to post, receive or send carrier pigeons and vote. In short, you are the Kidnapper.

You are allied with the scumbags. You win when all babies have been eaten.

• Screenshotting of all forms is prohibited
  • Day phase voting must take place in the usual ##Vote: User format. The vote MUST have the ## and be bolded to count
    • Every vote that hasn't been cast will be counted as a vote for no lynch
    • Alternatively to unvote, type ##Unvote

[*]At the end of the day the user with the most votes will be lynched

• If the user has reached majority before the end of day phase, user will be given a 3 hour grace period to get votes off them. If user still has majority after this period they will be lynched and the day phase will end
      • If the amount of currently alive players is even, majority is: amount of players / 2 + 1
      • If the amount of currently alive players is odd, majority is: amount of players / 2, rounded upwards

[*]In case no lynch has the most votes, no one will be lynched[*]In case of a tie, whoever gets lynched will be subject to the host's whims. But you can rest assured as one person will definitely get lynched

[*]If you have an action and do not wish to use it, reply to your role pm with "phase X - idling" or whatever to indicate you're still playing[*]Inspection results are not guaranteed to be accurate[*]There is no guarantee you know the entirety of your role[*]Death is most definitely the end[*]This game begins on Day 1[*]Day phases will last 72 hours, night phases will last 48 hours

• Day phase may end early if majority has been reached and the 3 hour grace period has passed
    • Night phase may end early if all actions are in
    • In case of a modkill, phases will be extended by an amount of time deemed necessary by the hosts

[*]Phases may be extended at the request of players[*]There are no hidden players[*]Don't break the game[*]When in doubt, ask the hosts

Carrier Pigeon System:

• The CPS is this game's outside contact system
  • With this system, you will enter into private conversation with one other player of your choice
  • Every player may take part in up to 3 Carrier Pigeon conversations per day phase
  • Every player wishing to begin a carrier pigeon conversation with another must reply to their role PM with the following: "Requesting carrier pigeon with <USER>
    • Requests may only be sent in during the day phase

[*]The hosts will then check if <USER> has already filled all of the CPS slots or can otherwise not receive any carrier pigeon conversations.

• In case <USER> cannot receive your CPS request you will be told so, and none of your CPS uses will be wasted
    • In case <USER> can receive your CPS request, the hosts will make a PM and add you and <USER> to it

[*]From the moment the receiver makes the first reply, you are free to talk to each other without restraint for 24 hours(real-time), or till the day phase ends. Whichever comes first. The CPS initiator may not talk in the CPS PM before this reply.[*]All regular game rules for posting also apply to the CPS

Moderators are me and Kaoz.

Now, signups:

1. Nightmare San - Mafia kidnapper

2. Helios - Town JoaT

3. Strawman - Mafia informant

4. Rapier - Mafia mole

5. Psych

6. scorri - Town vigilante

7. paperblade

8. elieson - Town Miller

9. bizz/levity - Serial KILLEEEERRR

10. bigbangmeteor

11. Iris

12. eclipse - Town tracker/watcher

13. Aere - Town Bodyguard

14. Shinori

15. Camtech

Subs:

1. Kay-san

2. nano

Phase results:

Day 1: http://serenesforest...dpost&p=2063082

Night 1: http://serenesforest...dpost&p=2065326

Day 2: http://serenesforest...dpost&p=2069028

Night 2: http://serenesforest...dpost&p=2069830

Day 3: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=34016&view=findpost&p=2070929

Post game part 1: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=34016&view=findpost&p=2071147

Post game part 2: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=34016&view=findpost&p=2071192

Edited by Daigoji Excellen

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, majority rule nitpick. Let's say we have 13 players. According to your rules, majority is 13/2 = 6.5. Might want to say that it's players / 2, rounded UP.

Now, then. . .

##Vote: Rapier

Thought that was in the rules. Editing that in.

Also I'm going to preventively plug a hole in the CPS system. With the current rules you're allowed to talk to the recipient before he has replied. This can be exploited to keep a one way communication open for an entire phase, or use two CPS for two way communication for the entire day phase.(instead of the 3 it would normally require) This will be changed to may not talk to the recipient before the recipient has sent a reply.

hi everyone. My name is Elieson

I have a PSA to make.

I'm Miller. (nothing else, just Miller)

Thank you for your time.

Just plain miller, it's rather uninteresting.

I'll post my RolePM in the next Day phase. Feel free to scan me tonight whoever cop, I will confirm what it will show as here.

Also, ##Vote Scumnori Shinori

Don't blow me up.

Don't bother investigating Elieson, cop. He's either mafia lying out of his ass (probably not) or he's the Town Miller. Either way, he'll show up as mafia, and you'll have wasted your N1 action.

Don't bother investigating Elieson, cop. He's either mafia lying out of his ass (probably not) or he's the Town Miller. Either way, he'll show up as mafia, and you'll have wasted your N1 action.

I'll actually show up as 3rd party, not mafia.

RNG someone else, that's pointless. RNG vote on someone that's already claimed info is worthless and pointless.

If you want something to talk about at the same time then why don't you tell us if you believe his miller claim or not?

That's... a weird form of Miller. But if you actually were a third-party, I don't know why you'd claim miller, considering third-parties can be helpful to the town. So I'm inclined to believe your claim.

I strongly dislike RNG based votes, I mean, c'mon, you guys can't even make up some contrived reason to vote someone?

Not deathbombmiller? That's too bad.

##Vote:Psych

Because, well, psych.

But the best thing about Psych is that he can either be scum!Psych or obv!town Psych!

##Vote: scorri

@Hosts: if Psych's getting a sub (maybe not) in another game, then would he be able to play here? IDK, maybe you guys should have asked for confirmation of playing, but whatever, that just means Kay-san can play soon~!

Huh. That's different. So clarifying, you're town that shows up as 3rd party?

I'll post my RolePM in the next Day phase. Feel free to scan me tonight whoever cop, I will confirm what it will show as here.

p. sure that there were miller discussions in both SFMM1 and 2, and anyways, miller's should claim as early as possible so cop doesn't scan them :P

That's... a weird form of Miller. But if you actually were a third-party, I don't know why you'd claim miller, considering third-parties can be helpful to the town. So I'm inclined to believe your claim.

Elieson is mafia:

> trying to seem townish w/ claim?????

Elieson is third-party:

> he's actually some anti-town third party role like SK which makes this the clumsiest fakeclaim ever

Elieson is town:

> claimed because millers should claim N0/D1

If Elieson is anything but town, that's pretty silly + mafia showing up as third party is really dumb. I wouldn't say he's obv!town obv town, though.

^ Inclined to believe it's third one right now. And yeah, RNG votes, I'm beginning to see, are useless, and since I can't be bothered to contrive a shitty reason for a randomvote that might get me suspicion later for being a real vote, but with shitty reasoning, I'm just not going to vote until more people say things that go past randomvotes.

Elieson is mafia:

> trying to seem townish w/ claim?????

Elieson is third-party:

> he's actually some anti-town third party role like SK which makes this the clumsiest fakeclaim ever

Elieson is town:

> claimed because millers should claim N0/D1

If Elieson is anything but town, that's pretty silly + mafia showing up as third party is really dumb. I wouldn't say he's obv!town obv town, though.

Yes, to clarify, I'm Town!Miller. My role that would show up when scanned would say ITP!SK. So I'm led to believe that there actually is an SK in this game, because of my role.

That being said, take my claim as you will. The reason I claimed miller already is obvious, and although I really would prefer the cop scan someone more mysterious, I have no problem being scanned, since this is what would show up. It's Day phase though, so we can't run a scan for a while.

Ok then, how do you propose we get past RVS? We could have the host come in here and yell at us about how stupid RVS is, we could talk some more about Elie's claim, though I think at this point I'll believe it, or we could talk about something else. Like carrier pigeons. Carrier pigeons are useful things. What do people think is the best way to use them? In the Homestuck game, I ended up not using mine as much as I probably could since I was new to mafia. After having played an OC game though, I can see how they might be very useful, especially as the game goes further on. What do other people think?

Yes, to clarify, I'm Town!Miller. My role that would show up when scanned would say ITP!SK. So I'm led to believe that there actually is an SK in this game, because of my role.

That being said, take my claim as you will. The reason I claimed miller already is obvious, and although I really would prefer the cop scan someone more mysterious, I have no problem being scanned, since this is what would show up. It's Day phase though, so we can't run a scan for a while.

o

This implies rolecop instead of regular cop. Curious.

Is the regular SK a mole, then?

There might not be a regular SK. Only time will tell.

BTW, again, strongly disagreeing that you should be scanned, it just wastes a scan. ;/