Rate The Unit: Endgame

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode (JP Maniac). And only hard mode!

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends when the next RTU thread is posted (at this point, it's hard to tell).

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" or "Gives you Bronze Sword" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "she brings a Savior to the team" as an argument.

- BEXP is free to be used in any quantity on any character.

- Skills can be reassigned freely.

- No transfers.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise. I will not throw your vote out if I do not support your opinion. Possible reasons for a tossed vote include: your vote is higher/lower than the vast majority to "balance the score" and failure to justify a radically different score.

Averages:

LYRE!: 0.32

Degh. Jr: 0.86

Gareth: 0.86

Lehran: 1.14

Fiona: 1.20

Meg: 1.34

Kyza: 1.53

Pelleas: 1.85

The Fireman: 1.98

Ena: 1.98

Astrid: 2.10

Lethe: 2.21

Vika: 2.40

William Shakespeare: 2.42

Leonardo: 2.53

Sanaki: 3.03

Lucia: 3.06

Danved: 3.11

Mist: 3.11

Stefan: 3.14

Rhys: 3.21

Tormod: 3.28

Rolf: 3.36

Nasir: 3.55

Brom: 3.56

Ilyana: 3.75

Makalov: 4.00

Renning: 4.06

Nealuchi: 4.41

Tauroneo: 4.50

Geoffery: 4.50

Black Knight: 4.60

Sigrun: 4.71

Maurim: 4.72

Kieran: 4.82

Aran: 4.92

Scar: 5.03

Laura: 5.13

Ranulf: 5.14

Mufasa: 5.20

Heather: 5.29

Skrimir: 5.45

Soren: 5.45

Edward: 6.31

Tanith: 6.36

Micaiah: 6.50

Tibarn: 6.59

Calill: 6.59

Boyd: 6.85

Mordecai: 7.17

Gatrie: 7.22

Marcia: 7.31

Naesala: 7.34

Zihark: 7.44

Nephenee: 7.74

Shinon: 7.90

Oscar: 8.11

Elincia: 8.21

Janaff: 8.28

Ulki: 8.32

Leanne: 8.38

Rafiel: 8.45

Mia: 8.45

Jill: 8.46

Volug: 8.87

Sothe: 8.93

Nailah: 9.00

Nolan: 9.06

Reyson: 9.07

Ike: 9.28

Titania: 9.76

Haar: 9.91

Oliver: 384618.6

Thanks to PKL for starting this, as well as Folgore Purple, Starwave and whoever else for posting a few days.

Man, this was a big project. But at least its over now. Gaiden's the last game to get the RTUs (as well as Awakening when it comes out). We're running out of GAmes guys.

Funny Story time

I've never played FE10 Hard Mode

/me runs

Edited by Lucina

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You people show a lack of respect to good units.

William Shakespeare is one of the greatest playwrights EVER, he clearly is at least a 7/10. How the hell can you ignore someone like that people.

Lyre is too high, her score should be -aleph-null at maximum. I would rank her -aleph-7.5/10 at most.

Oliver is too high, he should be 384618.5/10

Nephenee is just where she needs to be. As much as I love obsess over her, I'd only give her an 8/10 at most myself, with a bias point.

Also, firefighters are clearly at least 9/10. God, they fight FIRES. Most people only fight dragons or demons or gods; these guys take on unyielding infernos of death and destruction.

Oh good, bitch about Tibarn time.

Seriously, Naesala>Tibarn? Some people have been smoking some crazy shit in here. That's just ridiculous.

For anyone who cares, taking the joke Oliver scores out gives him an actual score of 1.99.

Which is still too high, but whatever.

Well, I dunno... IMO, Pelleas shouldn't be above him.

Nephenee's ass brings all the bias. If she gets the part 2 bexp I disagree that Nephenee can't compare to the GMs. She could move lower, though, but so could Zihark. Around Mordecai's score seems better for both of them.

Oh good, bitch about Tibarn time.

Seriously, Naesala>Tibarn? Some people have been smoking some crazy shit in here. That's just ridiculous.

The Part 4 ratings in general are way out of whack because of the inconsistency in how much availability is penalized. I'm still facepalming about Renning's rating; I mean how the hell is he within a point of GIFFCA?

She could move lower, though, but so could Zihark. Around Mordecai's score seems better for both of them.

Oh that note, Tanith stands out to me as too high. I can't help but say IMO, the gap between her and Sigrun just isn't justified.

Edited by Golden Cucco

The Part 4 ratings in general are way out of whack because of the inconsistency in how much availability is penalized. I'm still facepalming about Renning's rating; I mean how the hell is he within a point of GIFFCA?

Renning doesn't have to deal with not doing anything on the first PP and has canto and potential 1-2 range. Against dragons, Giffca has 64 attack. Renning has 64. Against generals, Giffca has 64. Renning has 70. Renning is strong enough to ORKO the weaker spirits with the brave axe and is 3 total attack away from doing the same to the strongest spirits. Giffca's more durable, doesn't need a speed proc or speedwings to double everything in 4-E-1, and does better against Auras, but that's why there's the difference. I'd say about a point difference is fairly reasonable.

Most biased RTU ever handled?

Clearly you weren't there to see me and ZM trying to recalculate all the scores in the FE9 RTU endgame to take out bias points before we decided 'fuck this' and stopped.

Most biased RTU ever handled?

tbh, I have half a mind to agree, considering what happened in Nephenee's thread...

tbh, I have half a mind to agree, considering what happened in Nephenee's thread...

More like the people running the RTUs not accepting half of the votes because they personally didn't agree with them.

More like the people running the RTUs not accepting half of the votes because they personally didn't agree with them.

You're exaggerating, you know. There were some threads that were controversial than others, but on average I doubt more than one or two votes (if at all) were thrown out. If you want a direct answer on why certain votes were thrown out, you should question Lucina directly.

I didn't participate in this, but there is something that bothers me every time I look at this.

I would suggest changing all the jokes on the list to normal. If a new player browses this, they won't understand the jokes, may not know who Volke, Kurthnaga, or Bastian are supposed to be, an will think Oliver is much better than normal.

How could you not rate Mufasa higher. He was Simba's freaking father! 10/10

On a serious note, Kieran and haar should be somewhat closer together, considering how similar they are statistically. Haar will be slightly better in most categories, and has better availability, and Wyvern>Horse, but I don't really think that justifies a 5.1 difference.