Rate The Unit: Endgame

I didn't participate in this, but there is something that bothers me every time I look at this.

I would suggest changing all the jokes on the list to normal. If a new player browses this, they won't understand the jokes, may not know who Volke, Kurthnaga, or Bastian are supposed to be, an will think Oliver is much better than normal.

As for your first statement, RTU's are honestly a joke and their results shouldn't be taken seriously. Opportunities for bias points really do skew the rankings, so if you're wanting to know how good a unit is, asking someone who knows the game well is the best way to do so (in this case, talk to PKL if you're wondering how good a unit is in RD).

As for Oliver, considering that votes are out of 10, that should raise a red flag.

@Psycho Silver: All bias. Calill got a fair bit of positive bias points, whereas Ranulf and Soren got quite a few negative bias points.

As for how she tied with Tibarn, I have no idea.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for Oliver, considering that votes are out of 10, that should raise a red flag.

@Psycho Silver: All bias. Calill got a fair bit of positive bias points, whereas Ranulf and Soren got quite a few negative bias points.

As for how she tied with Tibarn, I have no idea.

Any reason why there's a huge gap between Tanith and Sigrun?

As for your first statement, RTU's are honestly a joke and their results shouldn't be taken seriously.

This is coming from the guy who wouldn't accept my joke votes? What the hell?

Fireman = firefighter.

In common terms, but this is a title. He's not a literal fireman/firefighter (such a job distinction likely doesn't even exist in Tellius), so one is wrong while the other is correct.

Yes, this is the most important thing in this topic to me.

In common terms, but this is a title. He's not a literal fireman/firefighter (such a job distinction likely doesn't even exist in Tellius), so one is wrong while the other is correct.

Yes, this is the most important thing in this topic to me.

Fair enough. Sadly, it's just as important as anything else in this topic.

Oh great, Aeine's complaining about everything. I've mostly just lurked, but all you've done is complain, complain, and complain ignorantly. Please just shut it, the world doesn't revolve around you, and you exaggerate everything way too much.

I thought Volke's title was a mistranslation and he was supposed to be called "The Extinguisher" instead?

That is his Japanese name, but whether the translators made a mistake or changed it intentionally is unknown.

I kind of want to do a votal featuring the more active voters' votes grouped together. Then you'll all know how inconsistent you all are, including myself. Don't have the time though...

Nephenee's ass brings all the bias. If she gets the part 2 bexp I disagree that Nephenee can't compare to the GMs. She could move lower, though, but so could Zihark. Around Mordecai's score seems better for both of them.

Does she really deserve all the Part 2 exp, though? I mean, an entire part of bexp is quite a big resource just for someone to be on par with the Greil Golems. It'd be like dumping all your Part 1 exp on Ilyana so she can become par with Part 3 chars. We could dump all our Part 2 exp on Mordecai and make him useful, but I digress.

Also, imo, Nephenee doesn't compare much to Zihark at all. Nephenee isn't really that important in Part 3, while Zihark pretty much replaces Edward as a frontline fighter with earth affinity, along with Volug and Nolan. This difference is bigger especially in hard mode.

I thought Volke's title was a mistranslation and he was supposed to be called "The Extinguisher" instead?

Stuff changes in localization all the time. Some things like changing Brad to Aran seem pointless, but they probably figured "Fireman" sounded better for his character than "Extinguisher" and wasn't too far off the literally-translated name. And I'd agree.

Stuff changes in localization all the time. Some things like changing Brad to Aran seem pointless, but they probably figured "Fireman" sounded better for his character than "Extinguisher" and wasn't too far off the literally-translated name. And I'd agree.

Personally, I like The Extinguisher better. To extinguish means to bring to an end. Fireman implies that he works with fire of some form, whether it's shooting something or actual flames. Volke obviously doesn't do either. The Extinguisher just seems more fitting.

Personally, I like The Extinguisher better. To extinguish means to bring to an end. Fireman implies that he works with fire of some form, whether it's shooting something or actual flames. Volke obviously doesn't do either. The Extinguisher just seems more fitting.

Hmmm... I suppose "Fireman" could be kinda fitting, albeit instead of fires, he snuffs out lives.

Never played FE9, but doesn't his nickname come from him saying something like "if you ever have need of a fireman, contact me?" Extinguisher doesn't sound right in that context, and frankly extinguisher implies putting out literal fires just as much, if not more, than fireman does. Fireman is certainly the more appropriate name for someone who puts out metaphorical fires.

Good job for finally getting this done!

I bet your enjoying the fact that you don't have to post another RTU thread...

As for your first statement, RTU's are honestly a joke and their results shouldn't be taken seriously. Opportunities for bias points really do skew the rankings, so if you're wanting to know how good a unit is, asking someone who knows the game well is the best way to do so (in this case, talk to PKL if you're wondering how good a unit is in RD).

No they're not. Some users definitely see them as one but they're not supposed to be.

And Oliver's really ought to be corrected.

Oh great, Aeine's complaining about everything. I've mostly just lurked, but all you've done is complain, complain, and complain ignorantly. Please just shut it, the world doesn't revolve around you, and you exaggerate everything way too much.

What makes you fathom that I'm a drama queen based on how much I love to rip on people for being biased and hypocritical?

Edited by Aeine

Kids.

I was there when the grand Eliedon was typing up the first RTU ages ago.

We took it seriously, but after awhile it got to the point of being ridiculous(Wil topic).

And, I must say, the fe8/6 RTus were peaceful, due to Integ crushing all arguments.

Seriously though, you kids should just vote however you want, with justification.

I was thinking, does Leonardo really deserves a low 2.5? He's a sucky unit and I don't really like him, but he gets a few nice toys to play with like the Lughnasad and the brave bow. His part 1 performence is not good, but I don't think its that horrible.