Brainstorm: The important of each stat.

Jimmy_Smith

What do they use sword for then?

Better sword rank, special weapons, WTA. For someone like Raven or Gerik, stuff like Killing Edges or Audulhma do have their uses, although all of the basic weapons (Iron-Steel) are kind of obseleted by axes. Raven has a hard time using some of the stronger axes so he might not be able to substitute Killer Axe for Killing Edge as easily at the lower levels, and it'll be quite the wait for Silver Axe.

since when are heroes good units

their sword doesn't give them +3 move or anything

To be fair Raven, Gerik, Dieck, and Harken are all really good units, even in LTC settings. Not as good as paladins and fliers, but I think with the exception of Harken they're all high tier.

The skill speed and str thing is probably the wrong reason though, although it's nice. More like reliable 1-2 range/good weapon ranks for boss killing.

since when are heroes good units

their sword doesn't give them +3 move or anything

OTHIN!

Oh wait, Pugi's an axe

DIECK!-

Oh wait, after ch7, he's ahand axe spammer

RAVEN-

oh wait, he's got a low base level and can't use higher end axes until a bit later. And doesn't like using Steel.

GERIK!

Oh wait, insta-promo to HEro for hand axes

So, maybe 3rd tier Ike, if he counts....

Buuut.

Heroes usually are fast and precise, so they can realiably kill and be supportive units to, let's say, paladins.

And, get 2HKO'd.

Decent/Good combat is the only card hero's have.

To be fair Raven, Gerik, Dieck, and Harken are all really good units, even in LTC settings. Not as good as paladins and fliers, but I think with the exception of Harken they're all high tier.

The skill speed and str thing is probably the wrong reason though, although it's nice. More like reliable 1-2 range/good weapon ranks for boss killing.

INdeed.

Echidna too.

Raven is a little overrated, but yeah.

Dieck FTW.

more like they just have good enough stats to fill in common combat roles

in most games they could just as easily be any other grounded melee class, but fighters and mages always get the shaft stat-wise

Wow, I thinks this topic was already dead week ago. But it's turn out fairly active.

I create this topic for some info for my FE7-8 rebalance patch (for personal use and train my hack skill anyway, didn't have plan to release it for now).

Thanks for the input anyone!