Rate The Unit 20: Catria

Quirino

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Normal.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody has already given good reason for a score +/- half a point from yours, you can decide not to explain your score, but I always encourage personal reasoning. Incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly. Also, if your vote is already a 10/10 or greater than 9 and you give a full point of bias, The score may not exceed 10!

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends from 2100 to 2200 EST. Every ranking phase starts from 2200 EST to 2300 EST. Do the math if you are in another timezone!

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "He Comes with a Free Weapon" as an argument.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Clerbe/Cleive: 3.91

Robin: 4.45

Boowy/Boey 4.64

Cellica/Celica: 6.06

May: 6.15

Fols/Force: 6.78

Grey: 6.85

Valbo: 7.10

Leo:7.5

Kamui:7.5

Clea/Claire: 7.58

Jenny 7.61

Ruka/Luka: 7.89

Cliff: 8.31

Silk: 8.47

Paison/Python: 8.60

Palla: 9.18

Sevr/Saber: 9.26

Alm: 9.59

Here's the real goddess on wings. Where Palla may lack in speed later on, Catria has no letdowns statwise (both bases and growths). In fact, her bases are similar to Palla's, who is 3 levels higher when they join. Her growths are very well-rounded, being all 30 and 40% (which is good for Gaiden standards). Thanks to great speed she'll be able to use any lances without the slightest problem. Add a 7 movement (8 when promoted) and extra damage to monsters and there's only one conclusion: best character in game.

10/10

Overrated. Expescially in gaiden.

Though she is one of the best classes in the game, but there's two other pegasus knights way better then her.

7/10 -1 bias 6/10

PALLA! <3

She's definitely sex on wings.

And since Falco Knights are hax in this game, Palla will dominate hard.

10/10

These two posts taken together are fucking hilarious.

Though she is one of the best classes in the game, but there's two other pegasus knights way better then her.

7/10 -1 bias 6/10

Yeah, what Sparkles said. If you decide to give a nonsense rating, at least motivate it...

But seriously, revise please.

Edited by WindMage25

7/10 -1 bias 6/10

Too bad there's not that many monsters in Alm's route till endgame, but beyond that and with the help of the Angel ring and Lances, she's a great unit.

9/10(8/10 with +bias)

claire > catria guys

7/10 -1 bias 6/10

C'mon.

She deserves more respect than this. She's the best peggie of the three sisters. x.x

-----

fe35c.jpg

Goddess on wings.

-Good joining time.

-Good growths

-Gets well rounded stats in everything.

-Doesn't need any lion head boosts.

-Again. Wish she was this good in Marth's games.

Cons

-Gets slightly less Def, Str, and HP than Palla and Est.

Overall=2nd best character in the game.

fe74.jpg

Extra pic for +1 bias for being an awesome peggie on wings. =)

10/10

Even without the bias. =)

Edited by アイネ

-Gets slightly less Def, Str, and HP than Palla and Est.

Actually (why am i correcting ayanami), Est won't ever catch Catria in HP. I don't know if she'll ever catch her in STR on average either (cba to do the calcs).

Edited by Mr. Sparkles

Who? Claire's fragile before promotion, Palla falls behind after promotion and Est, while amazing, comes very underleveled. Catria has none of these problems. Also:

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

The rules say no comparative scoring so unless I hear back I'm challenging this.

Anyway, as for my actual rating I can't think I have much more to add. Palla got 9.18 and Catria starts similarly, has a more even growth spread and a higher growth total so as far as I can see she's just better.

9.8/10, the only thing stopping me from giving a perfect score is just-less-than-perfect maximum performance.

More frail and more exp needed to Falcoknight than Palla. Catria's 10% lower str and defense growths are also a bigger deal than they look with the angel ring, and if she doesn't proc str and def a few times she won't be all that great until promotion. Still, Palla faces those same problems to an extent. Also, Catria more res and a LOT more speed to counteract that. 9/10 Insane unit for chapter 4 and endgame, but she's more of a niche unit before that.