If you could recruit (almost) any boss

VGE

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Levail, Jarod and Hetzel, the only three bosses in the game that has any character development at all and would make a bit of sense if defected. Then again it's unrealistic these three would ever defect since they're all extremely loyal to their bosses. Levail was actually going to be recruitable during game development but was cancelled in the final version of the game.

I found it weird that Catalena is the only female boss in the entire game. Radiant Dawn is too masculine perhaps? Pretty much all enemy units are male too, except a few pegasus riders.

Though the only boss I feel sorry for is Levail, good thing killing him is optional, but I really want that Wishblade.

Oh and that nerdy looking wind mage boss with the duh! eyes in the cave level with Lucia would be a fun guy to recruit, simply because he has funny lines and the funniest portrait.

Maraj? =D

Levail and Jarod even though they are both the same class :/ but I would be more interested in the character development than anything else.

I would also pick Hetzel because it would be nice if he got to live

• 1 month later...

Goran - Nice base stats, Warriors kick ass. However, I'd prefer it if, when defeated in 3-11, he'd just retreat instead of dying, and would then be available in the upcoming Micaiah chapters. It wouldn't make sense for him to join the Apostle's Army.

Veyona - Base stats are nothing much to look at, but maybe he could have really good growths to make up for it? Much like Pelleas, really, only with the exception of actually being possible to raise before 4-E without wasting BExp on any difficulty not called Easy.

Ludveck - I was really disappointed that he wasn't even mentioned again after Part 2. The game never really elaborated on what eventually became of him. Seemed to want the best for Crimea, thus it would possibly make sense for him to join up with the Apostle's Army. His stats were good enough for him to be usable (although the issue arises of where in Ike's team he would fit in as it's full of uber units already). Plus, he could be given some sort of ironic lulz epilogue if he has an A support with Lucia.

Maybes:

Levail - Pretty much the Shiharam of Radiant Dawn. In other words, a boss you don't want to kill but have no choice (well, you do with Levail, but not killing him does nothing to alter the story and it means you don't get the best weapon in the game). Character-wise, it would be understandable if he joined up with Ike and Micaiah, since he's a decent chap who probably doesn't want the world to be destroyed and all that.

Septimus - Gotta feel sorry for this guy, and he ain't that bad a unit. Of course, you couldn't imagine him joining up with the sub-humans, could you?

Catalena - If recruited, she'd actually be usable, unlike the other Pegasus Knights (exception - Easy mode, as always), as she has good stats. Unfortunately, she's a psychotic zealot in favour of the wrong goddess.

• 2 weeks later...

Pain or Agony from 1-4. It would be nice for the DB to have a true laguz (not one with wildheart) on the team.

except wildheart makes volug actually good in part 1

because otherwise he'd have to wait 2 turns to shift and then the chapters would have already been demolished by sothe

• 3 weeks later...

Zelgius should have joined them I think instead of dying but done like Sephiran, has to be on second play through (or third or fourth ect...) and certain conditions need to be done so he joins and also only joins if Sephiran is going to be possible to recuit to, this way there wouldn't be to much in the way of conflicting loyalties for him except in the when you first get him in part 2 of end game.

Come to think of it I would like it if Zelgius joined up with Ike and Michaiah after there fight but then he wouldn't of "Given it his all" because that is really all he ever wanted to do against the Legacy of Gawain, however I would of liked if he survived on the second playthrough or whatever and that was how you would then recruit Sephiran.

Where talking in the hypothetical here. his class is summoner, if they decided to make him playable they would have given him the ability to summon.

Edited by Jotari

Levail, Zelgius and Jarod or Hetzel. Hetzel really wasn't a bad person, so I forgive him. Jarod had plenty of lost potential because of the fact that he died. He seemed like an ass, but in the end, he wasn't so bad. Besides, it was probably the damn senate that corrupted him. :I

Levail was just way too nice and honorable to have had to die. Plus, he was one of the few opponents who actually had their priorities straight.

Zelgius I think could've talked to Sephiran before the last fight. I would have wanted to see how that turned out. As for the whole joining process, I'm pretty sure he and Ike could have come to an understanding. They used to be at each other's throats, and by the end were treating each other in a whole different manner. They respected each other, which says a lot about Ike's growth from their first encounter. Even by the end of PoR, even though he still wanted to fight him, he was at least level-headed about it and respected his opponent. They treated each other like they were playing a game of go, I swear. Like it was some friendly fight and defeat and they weren't about to try lopping off the other's head. Plus, Ike claimed he was excited at the idea of facing him again in battle. Sounds like they would've been better off as sparring buddies than enemies.

And then when Ike leaves Tellius after the Epilogue, Zelgius can go out, find him, and forcefully drag him back. Sorry, Ike, but by build, he could haul your ass from Daein to Begnion without breaking a sweat.

Jarod had plenty of lost potential because of the fact that he died. He seemed like an ass, but in the end, he wasn't so bad. Besides, it was probably the damn senate that corrupted him. :I

In the end he wasn't so bad? The end showed him in his worst light by far. Sure he was completely screwed by the senate but in that situation most people would either run away or get bloody revenge against those who wronged them. Jarod went and slaughtered innocents for no reason other than he had nothing left to do. That's the whole reason for part 1 end game, Daein has already won by that point, Miciah and co are stopping Jarod from trying to kill as many citizens as possible in the mean time. And do I even need to mention how he casually slaughtered his own soldiers just because? That alone is slightly a tad above not so bad in my opinion never mind the whole massacring people that have nothing to do with him because he has nothing better to do.

I mean to his men. He wanted all of them to go out with their honor, rather than execution.

Jarod was also probably being ordered by Begnion. And no, the end did NOT show him in his worst light. Slaughtering his own men did, and that's the very beginning. When I say "in the end", I'm also talking about "He was a good soldier" and whatnot, going to bury his fallen comrade who he clearly cared about. He wasn't entirely heartless, and probably could have been saved. He would have been irredeemable if he'd just shrugged off the loss and said, "Good; he did his job. He's dead and I'm still alive." But he didn't. He cared. He's a lot less of a villain than a LOT of people are who were with Begnion. Valtome's head should have been removed then burned. I don't know why Zelgius didn't ACTUALLY snap his neck instead of just threatening... I would have been ecstatic.

I mean to his men. He wanted all of them to go out with their honor, rather than execution.

Jarod was also probably being ordered by Begnion. And no, the end did NOT show him in his worst light. Slaughtering his own men did, and that's the very beginning. When I say "in the end", I'm also talking about "He was a good soldier" and whatnot, going to bury his fallen comrade who he clearly cared about. He wasn't entirely heartless, and probably could have been saved. He would have been irredeemable if he'd just shrugged off the loss and said, "Good; he did his job. He's dead and I'm still alive." But he didn't. He cared. He's a lot less of a villain than a LOT of people are who were with Begnion. Valtome's head should have been removed then burned. I don't know why Zelgius didn't ACTUALLY snap his neck instead of just threatening... I would have been ecstatic.

Don't be fooled by his awesome speech, he was far from doing what was best for his soldiers. If he was thinking about his soldiers he would have tried to absolve them of the blame and place it on himself or if it was about honor, charged the Liberation Army's Camp. instead he, and I can't stress this enough, massacred innocents, to force his soldiers into a pointless last stand ultimately resulting in their death. Also while an execution would be a likely fate for him I highly doubt Begnion would execute an entire army that was following orders. Though he says We Jarod's last stand speech is really about himself and he happens to be the kind of person who wants to go down fighting with little care as to who he is fighting or what he is fighting for. When he was spared he had plenty of options to do next but he choose to do the most horrible and reckless thing imaginable. Don't get me wrong though, I think Jarod is a great character for all the time he spends around, he is just very far cry from the noble knight that got screwed over. The guys a pure monster with no remorse when it comes to taking lives.

I think it's safe to say he'd has his soldiers either brainwashed or afraid at that point. They either believed it true or they were too scared that if they betrayed his expectations, they'd be killed.

I can see him going for the course of action he did because of his own honor and pride, though. For a soldier, it's not the best thing for one's ego to go running to the enemy's army and tell them how sorry you are after everything you did and pray for forgiveness. But then, Jarod wasn't too far gone that he couldn't come back and try making up for what he did in any way he knew how. Unlike, say, Ashnard. But Ashnard knew what he was doing and he was perfect in his villainy in that he WANTED people to hate him. And they did. So Ashnard got what he wanted anyway. He could do anything evil with no regret and get the hate he EXPECTED. Jarod, however, at least had some humanity in him.

I do like Jarod for his villain status. I just feel he could've been saved if he wasn't so stubborn.

But then, I think I'm fine with Ashnard as a unit, because I'm good enough getting him in the Trial Maps of PoR. :P