Regarding Ike

1) I don't think Soren would become the ruler of Daein, even if he knew. But I feel like it's not closure enough that Soren never finds out the truth about his heritage. Even if he rejects both his Daein and Goldoan heritage, he at least deserves the truth.

I kind of think Almehda (sp?) needs the closure a lot more than Soren. I wouldn't go so far as to complain if Soren had found out, but if anything, I think Almedha being able to know who her son was, and being able to let go, was a lot more powerful.

They aren't shitty in Maniac Mode, The True Canon.

I would like to play that sometime. But even there, is Ike really a gamechanger?

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean he is the second best at taking on those axers out of all 4 of them, shinon cant attack at 1 range and gatrie gets doubled (well i dont think he gets doubled but Ike is still better than Gatrie at this)

My idea of good fanfic is actually stuff that follows canon.

Why? Alternate reality fanfics can be very good too. My co-author wrote a couple of these and he's the best writer I know. The way he uses his massive vocabulary, imagery, dialogue, his descriptions... It's incredible. And he keeps the canon characters in-character too.

Though, admittedly, my fic follows canon.

I prefer to read canon fics though, because it's all the more impressive when it's pulled off well. Some alternate reality stuff can be pretty cool though, like the one where Lucia actually got executed. Elincia went all crazy and shit but it was a good read.

Alternate universe, though, is kind of bleh to me. I'm sick of all of the high school AU fics.

I prefer to read canon fics though, because it's all the more impressive when it's pulled off well.

Arr. Especially when the writer somehow pulls off the original author's narrative style. It gets even more badass.