Eternal Bond: An FE7 Hack

Agro

I only played to Ch.2 (I didn't want to spoil the game since I plan to do an LP of this at some point) so if you made all those maps then yes they were awesome. Especially that Ch.2 map <3

>only plays first 3 chapters

"OMG THIS COULD BE AN OFFICIAL GAME ITS THE BEST EVERYTHING IS PERFECT"

I mean...

As one of the people to get the early beta-patch, everyone who has been dying for the actual release, you will not be let down. Everything is well made, and properly executed.

omg you guys <3

Agro certainly knows what hes doing yeah. also i made most of the map for chapter 6 albeit with some agro edits.

certainly excited to see were this goes agro. especially with the story.

than again you already know this so i don't even know why I'm bothering...

To be fair, Kitty/Eric did make the original map, which I then felt was too short, so then I gave it to you to edit, which I then re-edited... Oh god, it's like a bad Hollywood script.

Music choices? That's really awesome. Especially because it's FE4 music.

It won't be just that, though... :P:

Edited by Agro

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>only plays first 3 chapters

"OMG THIS COULD BE AN OFFICIAL GAME ITS THE BEST EVERYTHING IS PERFECT"

I mean...

As one of the people to get the early beta-patch, everyone who has been dying for the actual release, you will not be let down. Everything is well made, and properly executed.

^I can vouch for that. I was able to beta-test this hack about a year ago, and I must say, it is really good. This is not a hack to be missed. This is probably one of my favorite hacks of all time. Gameplay, storyline, it's all pretty well-balanced. Not too challenging, but certaintly not a breeze. It's just right.

Well if we're talking about difficulty, I'd say it's something like "halfway trolly" XD enemies are placed to catch you offguard the first time or two. Once you figure them out it's pretty easy, but even so it's pretty fun.

Well if we're talking about difficulty, I'd say it's something like "halfway trolly" XD enemies are placed to catch you offguard the first time or two. Once you figure them out it's pretty easy, but even so it's pretty fun.

This makes me happy. I'm bad at FE(who isn't?), so I like the semi-challening hacks. Enough to make me wrack my brain a bit, but not hard enough that I want to punch a puppy. I honestly cannot wait for this. Keep up the good work Agro.

Check out MageKnight404's LP as the opening video to FEE3, Chapter 4 of Eternal Bond.

Most of you probably know this as the chapter that was demoed last year, but it's been almost entirely rebooted and remade. I hope you guys enjoy watching it as much as I did making it! Special thanks to MageKnight404 and PonoccaKay for providing commentary and FREE ADVERTISING for the video!

Edited by ePamplemouss

And now that I got to see the writing in full, I can definitely come out and give official kudos for that. The chapter did seem like it took a long time to actually start, but I suppose this specific chapter had a lot of things to say. Other than that, it's surprisingly fluid and clear, considering all that new info that was given.

Aesthetically speaking, it's very... brown for a FE game, but since it seems more of an overal graphical theme for the game, it appears to be working rather well. Looking forward to a patch and seeing more content down the line! : ]

Edited by Miacis

Thanks Miacis, it's nice to see that I have some approval from ROM Hacking's resident sceptic uhhhhhhhh writer person.

That being said, what do you mean by "brown"? Do you mean you don't like my palettes? :unsure:

I liked the games portraits a lot, but I don't think some of them went well with the battle palettes. Like in Wakeley's portrait, his armour look red-brownish (at least to me), but his battle sprite is purple. Henrick is also like this, his armour is white in his portrait, but his battle sprite has blue armour.

Edited by Matt Snow

I liked the games portraits a lot, but I don't think some of them went well with the battle palettes. Like in Wakeley's portrait, his armour look red-brownish (at least to me), but his battle sprite is purple. Henrick is also like this, his armour is white in his portrait, but his battle sprite has blue armour.

wakeleydone_zps3a69bff0.png

newesthenrick_zpsd375e1c7.png

I use whatever I can find from existing battle palettes and try to match the mugs. I can't use the mug colours themselves because they're not the right colours. :(:

Also, just because Vanilla FE Did It Too, Amelia's armour is red, yet her battle sprite shows her with white armour, etc. There's plenty of examples of normal FE mugs mismatching their battle sprites.

I can't use the mug colours themselves because they're not the right colours.

Really?, weird I just used the colors from the mug XD. I'm not really sure how most people make battle palettes, but I took Hendricks colors and I think it looks pretty sweet.

99tq.png

Thanks, Matt, but I'm not a fan of the contrast of the mug colours for battle sprites. They don't stand up well against other battle palettes or the battle frames in general. I used to use mug colours for battle palettes and got grilled by Eric, Master of Colours for it, so I won't do that again. I'll keep it in mind; I do need to find a new palette for Wakeley and Henrick's will probably be changed now that the mug has been changed. To be fair, that patch is kind of old and things have changed (and are still changing). It's a work in progress, man :P:

Edited by Agro

Thanks, Matt, but I'm not a fan of the contrast of the mug colours for battle sprites. They don't stand up well against other battle palettes or the battle frames in general. I used to use mug colours for battle palettes and got grilled by Eric, Master of Colours for it, so I won't do that again. I'll keep it in mind; I do need to find a new palette for Wakeley and Henrick's will probably be changed now that the mug has been changed. To be fair, that patch is kind of old and things have changed (and are still changing). It's a work in progress, man :P:

For your information, I am the Esteemed Palette Whore.

Master of Colours goes to Feaw.

Edited by Kitty of Time

For your information, I am the Esteemed Palette Whore.

Master of Colours goes to Feaw.

Truth. Feaw's colours are the best.

Unlike this shitty hack

I mean...

That being said, what do you mean by "brown"? Do you mean you don't like my palettes? :unsure:

I meant that between the combat interface and some of the battle palettes containing an unusual number of... "colors that tend toward browns/ocres/grey" (can't really find the proper English word to describe that...). Not saying it's all battle palettes, though. For instance, Owen and Farley aren't as bright as Henrick/Edmond's radiant pink hair.

But I wouldn't have said they work pretty well if I didn't like them. I just find it a bit unsettling compared to other FE title/romhacks who often seem to go for the more saturated colors on all characters. It basically looks "more FE8-esque than FE8", in battle, if that makes any sort of sense. :P:

I good with the wordz

Edited by Miacis

I tend to use Usenti a lot for whenever I need to work with colours and palettes. I'd recommend that, as it's really easy to tweak colours and you'll end up with some really neat palettes if you've got a good eye for it.

I noticed I got pushed to like number 20 on this page and got really upset. Here's Chapter 5: Keys to the Kingdom, the full version.

Edited by Agro

So...is the current female soldier animations going to stay the way it is? Or is it a placeholder for something? Because having the recruit animation for the soldier class just feels kinda...wrong to me.

Fairly nitpicky complaint in the end. Hack looks amazing, can't wait for a release.

It's most certainly a placeholder. I'm having a new animation (maybe) worked on, but no guarantees :D:

chapter6screens_zps2fbbd058.png

Oh right, this has been done for a little while. On to Chapter 7 we go, then. Only two more chapters until the first public release! Get excited!

inb4 someone goes off at me about battle palettes again

Edited by Agro

Actually, I did the mistake many times too. But you inserted this Silver Bow a bit lagged ^^ see the arrow's tail is a bit too on the left of the 16x16 box.

A silver bow doing four damage to a knight? Aieeee.

It seems to be a boss here. he has a name. Still he has heavy defense probably

Edited by Solum