Project dondon

dondon151

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This commentary and strategy video might take a few months or even years. He never finished that FE7 0% commentary ;P

Edit: Oh, and are your turns for ch2-4 chapter designed or did you manage to find a strategy that worked better than how you originally intended sort of how your 8turn clear turned out.

Edited by Eryth

Edit: Oh, and are your turns for ch2-4 chapter designed or did you manage to find a strategy that worked better than how you originally intended sort of how your 8turn clear turned out.

Chapter 2 I originally had a 7 turn in mind but realized that Hector could reach the throne from his starting position in 5 turns (though actually getting him there alive and killing the boss is nigh impossible, I'm certain), and defeating the boss was contingent on recruiting Raven, so I eased up just slightly enough to make it possible in 6.

Chapter 3 Hector can reach the throne in 7 turns using his full movement; chapter was designed around that.

Chapter 4 was pretty hastily designed and its outcome was pretty difficult to control after a couple of turns, so that one I just played until I got my best completion. I'm pretty sure this one can be done faster if you skip the center chest (Fortify) and the conversation with Anna; I did not put in very many enemies on the left side because the positioning of those NPCs prevented me from doing so. Actually this one I am the most curious as to how everyone will approach differently.

Wire, Coil?

i know creative rite

Edited by dondon151

Well, the most popular one is the visual boy advance I believe. So, file -> save game -> *pick a slot*. To load, file -> load game -> *pick a slot*

Chapter 2 I originally had a 7 turn in mind but realized that Hector could reach the throne from his starting position in 5 turns (though actually getting him there alive and killing the boss is nigh impossible, I'm certain), and defeating the boss was contingent on recruiting Raven, so I eased up just slightly enough to make it possible in 6.

Alright. I was running into issues with keeping the new recruits alive longer than two turns, but finally figured out their placement (feels dumb I didn't see it before lol) so I could proceed to turn 6. Now, I just have to figure out how to kill the enemies charging my way, get Lucius around to raven, collect all the chests, and keep everyone alive to end lol

I'll let you know what I did when I get around to chapter 4. For the moment I am trying to come up with strategies for matching your turn count.

Edited by Eryth

Anyway, the game freezes when Oswin fights Coil at 2 range.

You'll have to turn animations off when halberdiers at 2 range are involved, then; I just tested this quickly with Sain in chapter 4 and something about the ranged halberdier lance animation is causing the game to hang. I'll get this checked out before the next release, but until then... animations off. Thanks for the notification.

That's weird. It doesn't happen with Dorcas. Maybe it's only when both are 1-2 range?

It's probably hanging because it's waiting for the animation to end, or something, before an opponent counterattack. Sort of reminds me of the FE8 Pierce glitch.

A couple of things:

1. Astra helped me out and gave me a fixed halberdier animation, so the bug that bottlegnomes described above will be fixed on the next release.

2. I was playing through chapter 4 again and found a way to beat it in 5 turns after many hours of attempts. See if anyone can figure this out ;):

chapter4turn5a.pngchapter4turn5b.pngchapter4turn5c.png

Oh, don't worry so much about trying to match my turncounts; I would much rather you (and anyone else) play the remaining chapters :): After all, just completing the map, and shaving off each successive turn is enough of a challenge in itself.

Edited by dondon151

Yeah, I gave in. After a few more tries, I got a 9 turn clear. I took Hector along the left side, with Barth and Astor rescuing Lucius on the right. Maybe an 8 turn would require talking to the last NPC while on the escape tile, I'm not sure.

This is quite fun, I've never thought about LTC before, and this hack is a good introduction.

I sort of lost steam on it after getting a 6 turn on chapter 2, then realizing I couldn't KO the boss as I wanted too.

Chapter 3 though lol

Edited by Eryth