Pokemon Adventures

Ciarre

11 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite dex holder(s)?

2. 2. Favorite arc(s)?

ZM wanted a Pokemon Adventures thread, so here it is.

Silver's my favorite, but I also like the other dex holders too. So hard to decide on D:

edit: added poll

Edited by Piss Assassin Alchemist CR

I think the writer of manga didn't like Wally too much, which sucks, since I thought he was interesting (a lot moreso than in the games). Emerald, despite being my least favorite Dex holder, is cool, though.

Let's talk about Pokedads.

vCVkEl.jpg

Norman's my favorite because he's a reprehensible human being, and yet they paint him as some kind of martyr.

I really like Ruby and Sapphire as a pairing and duo, but I'm not sure either would be my favourite on their own. For that, it'd have to be Gold and Silver. I like Diamond too.

I'm rereading the entire Pokemon Adventures manga at the moment.

:D I've been reading Pokemon Adventures (Special) since I was like seven, stumbling upon a copy of the horrible VIZ translations int the library of the first few chapters.

Sapphire was awesome. :D

Though the RS arc needed moar Wally, imo

I would've rather had Wally be Emerald, since I like him more, but they didn't go that way.

RS was my favorite arc, despite if I had a favorite character they'd probably be from Kanto or Johto. Ruby and Sapphire are the best pairing, though. Hm, there's no dexholder that I clearly love over the rest of them, but if I did, it'd be between Red/Blue/Green + Gold/Crystal*/Silver, probably - and to narrow it further, one of the guys. I do have least favorites, though.

Edited by Iris

Pokemon Adventures. I started reading it and it was pretty awesome. Then I got busy and kept it on hold. I should really get back to that...

^ Blue's my favorite female character.

I just really like Silver/Gold/Red/Green a lot.

Also, am I the only here that likes Blue? (I'm talking about the girl, not the rival)

Blue is awesome. She's my second favorite female Dex holder.

Has anyone read the HG/SS arc yet?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I occasionally read a couple chapters here and there when I'm bored and I've made it up to the end of the G/S/C arc. I really like how everything is darker than in the games and anime, and how the trainers' strategies are more than just "my pokemon has more attack then his defense so I win". I also like how the Gym Leaders have a bigger role so far. I'd say Blue (girl) and Silver have been the most interesting characters so far, and Green's a badass, but that's not to say the other characters are bad either. They don't act like little kids though that's for sure.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a total Yellow fanboy, but all in all I like all the characters. On a side note, is White really a Dex holder? I recall that at the beginning of the B/W arc, the three Dex holders of Unova were supposed to be Black, Cheren, and Bianca, but the latter two's Pokedexes were water damaged and needed repair... Am I behind on the story or something?

Edited by Nyoro~Eevee

Oooops, I forgot to put Yellow on the list D:

But yeah, technically White should be counted since she's a main character, so yeah. I'm not sure about what happens to her later on though.