"GBAMusRiper released "

Celice

GBAMusRiper allows to rip music and sound font from games using the “sappy” sound engine, which is extremely common among commercial GBA games.

This program rips data in a set of MIDI (.mid) files and a Sound Font 2.0 (.sf2) file. Using a playback device which supports sound fonts, it’s then possible to make the MIDIs sound exactly like the original song, sometimes even better.

The package also includes a bonus utility that allows to use the song player from any of the Final Fantasy advance games to play the music from any game using the sappy sound engine.

http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/881/

Thought I'd share in case anyone finds use of it.

I don't suppose one of your would be kind enough to just upload the .sf2 file somewhere, would you?

My understanding is that it produces a .sf2 from the instrument samples in the ROM as well as the corresponding .mid files. Every ROM has its own samples, after all.

My understanding is that it produces a .sf2 from the instrument samples in the ROM as well as the corresponding .mid files. Every ROM has its own samples, after all.

Uh, my bad. I hadn't realised that it made an .sf2 with all the tracks >_>

I got the same drum problem that Yeti had, tested it with both FE7 and FE8, wonder what the problem is.

It's probably got something to do with the way that the drum instrument is mapped. The instrument that FE7 uses for drums is the equivalent to the "Gunshot" of General MIDI (it uses the same number, 127) which is what makes the drums sound like industrial metal. Drumkits are problematic for GBAFE and beyond my understanding :( For instance, if you try to extract a MIDI from FE7 and put it back in, some of the drums won't work. I'm not entirely certain why.

Edited by Agro