Knights of Iris Material Collection out in December

koi6.jpg

Dengeki is releasing a material collection book entitled "Fire Emblem Material Collection*: Knights of Iris" on 7th December (in Japan). *Model sheets, but I'm pretty sure that's Engrish.

It features official artwork for every playable character except My Unit (but includes the bonus characters like Paris and Renha and all the children characters) and the series 1 DLC artwork (Marth to Ike).

koi9_t.png

Also included: character concepts, class designs, weapon designs, character profiles, popularity poll results and a full support conversation (plus other) transcript.

For further information, please check the links below:

(Note: there are spoilers in the links!)

29th July

Fire Emblem Awakening Premium Guide (tentative name) teased.

6th October

Official announcement of the Knights of Iris book (what used to be the Premium Guide) and the first real details revealed.

13th October

Mini-site opened.

14th November

Front cover revealed.

1st December

Further details and four double page samples.

Edited by VincentASM

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if I used "fan book" inappropriately. If you're at all familiar with The Complete, Treasure, 20th Anniversary Encyclopaedia, Archanea Chronicle, etc. I suspect this book will be similar to those. I know some fans call them "art books", but that's an overly generous description if you ask me : P

Typically you have some brief information about the game(s) and characters, various official artwork (the biggest draw usually) and then, if you're lucky, some of the stuff that Remnant Sage mentioned (in this case, poll results are guaranteed).

• 2 months later...

As opposed to the ones that already happen?

What happen? Canon couples, or shitstorms? Because I wasn't aware that Awakening had any of the former, and throwing fuel on the latter is hilarious to watch.

What happen? Canon couples, or shitstorms? Because I wasn't aware that Awakening had any of the former, and throwing fuel on the latter is hilarious to watch.

Clearly you also missed the literal hurricane tsunami hybrid that Paris' reveal bought to the board, too. His is a whole other debate that I'm not ever getting into.

Edited by The Pale Shadow

Clearly you also missed the literal hurricane tsunami hybrid that Paris' reveal bought to the board, too. His is a whole other debate that I'm not ever getting into.

Oh, I'm well aware of it. Watching the ad hominem arguments flying around was both amusing, and vaguely sad.

Well there was that one about Krom x Sumia. Even though we all know they're canon.

Krom and Sumia? Canon? Who would have thought it?

While I personally like them together, I don't think they, or any other Awakening couple, will ever be 'canon' really. It's just up to player choice as to who enters in relationship with who.

Edited by Onestep

Oh, I'm well aware of it. Watching the ad hominem arguments flying around was both amusing, and vaguely sad.

Krom and Sumia? Canon? Who would have thought it?

While I personally like them together, I don't think they, or any other couple, will ever be 'canon' really. It's just up to player choice as to who enters in relationship with who.

I agree, just like how Hector x Lyn isn't necessarily canon. OhshitImentionedHectorxLyn

I agree, just like how Hector x Lyn isn't necessarily canon. OhshitImentionedHectorxLyn

Opening Movie with a glimpse of a woman with Sumia's hair style and part of her face with Krom's baby makes it NOT on the level of the other "hey you can pick your pois-- excuse me, pairings".

the priority goes Sumia > Mariabel > Soiree > Olivia > My Unit (female)

The girl in said opening had none of the others' hair colors and style.

It's nameless village girl-chan.

Edited by shadowofchaos

True that. I tried scanning a page of the FE6/7 characters book once, which had 288 pages, and it was a right chore >___<

That book too had a support conversation directory. Personally, I'd wish they didn't bother including them : /

Well, look at it this way, Vincent. Scanning the support directory gives us easier access to translating the supports, y'know? Besides, it'd be easier to just scan the supports that we HAVEN'T translated and upload those instead of scanning every last one of them.

How's that when pegasus knight has them?

Forgot about that. Then perhaps we can forego scanning the support directory unless someone wants them. =/

• 5 weeks later...