Elibean Nights

Arch

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean hell, I already integrated variants so that Heath and Geitz could survive. That's all I'll yield on my suicide mission map, kthnx.

You know, I really think that 300 would have been better if everybody made it at the end! That way there's a happy ending!

.... Almost the same thing.

Plus, regardless... it's Arch's hack! And he's done a wonderful job with 99.9% of Elibian Nights (that .1% is the Dark map. >:( ) Having played it already.. this just makes it better. :D

Sheesh, is the Raven surviving argument still going? He needs to die as otherwise the scene won't have the emotional impact it's supposed to have. You can argue all about creative liberties, but they are not about changing endings or who survives: they are more aesthetic changes, not "Oh, amd in this one Raven doesn't die, killing the whole point of a last stand and a supposed-to-be powerful moment". So yeah, I'm with Arch on this one: You got an option to have Geitz and Heath to survive, don't push his goodwill. I apologise for any grammatical or punctuation errors, typing from a phone is a royal pain.

Or Raven can die because that's how the story's supposed to end and I'll just make the optional second part actually impossible to overcome (which was always the intent).

It was just a fan suggestion because I know you're working on extra content and personally I thought that'd be cool to see. I'm kind of curious about how altering a pairing will change things in Raven's tale though.

It was just a fan suggestion because I know you're working on extra content and personally I thought that'd be cool to see. I'm kind of curious about how altering a pairing will change things in Raven's tale though.

If you want raven to live so badly just cheat to give him completely over the top stats and clear the level and skip the ending so you don't realize he died. Problem = Solved.

If you want raven to live so badly just cheat to give him completely over the top stats and clear the level and skip the ending so you don't realize he died. Problem = Solved.

I don't care that much lol I just thought it would be a fun edition. Over the last 15-20 weeks though I

finished making a Fe7x+Fe:EN compatible fe7 with references to certain exclusive characters from the 2 like toni and shen, altered endings based on the them, further background stories for characters, inclusions of playable characters like Jan, Leila, Fargus and Eagler, the possibility to unlock both wallace and geitz and karel and harken as well as a few reclassings, character buffs and such and the ability to unlock karla and farina in eliwoods tale.

After that I wanted to mess with elibian nights but turns out you cant, do you know why we cant use nightmare or feditor with elibian nights? Because I was hoping to further connect them but I cant event, or text edit elibian nights or load it in nightmare.

I wanted to mess with elibian nights but turns out you cant

What? of course you can edit it, it's a fucking ROM! You're just doing it wrong.

Probably nightmare won't work for you because things exist at different offsets, and feditor probably doesn't work because EN has a weird checksum in which case you can just save close and open it again.

What happened to problem solving?

Edited by Brendor

what? of course you can, it's a fucking ROM you're just doing it wrong

I'm aware and Ive tried, Nightmare modules are all default as if a clean rom and feditor only displays the "yes" text and wont let me change the text pointer any further, I cant search for text either or look at any portraits besides the default Eliwood etc. ones. Its as if it hasnt been patched

I've tried man, if I was getting paid for this I might look further into it but there really isnt much (if anything) that id change right now so I didnt figure it was worth the extended time. Thanks for the more detailed response though I appreciate it, I'm relatively new but I hope I can eventually be as good as Arch and push out some quality hacks. I was thinking about maybe taking elibian nights and since its already coded for the tales and such alot of the work would already be done for me and so I could just replace Arch's tales with my own and create a reskin (sort of) of elibian nights but of FE8 and its characters instead of FE7. Maybe Magvel Nights? Either way though, wasn't Arch trying to finish EN by christmas?

I've tried man, if I was getting paid for this I might look further into it but there really isnt much (if anything) that id change right now so I didnt figure it was worth the extended time. Thanks for the more detailed response though I appreciate it, I'm relatively new but I hope I can eventually be as good as Arch and push out some quality hacks. I was thinking about maybe taking elibian nights and since its already coded for the tales and such alot of the work would already be done for me and so I could just replace Arch's tales with my own and create a reskin (sort of) of elibian nights but of FE8 and its characters instead of FE7. Maybe Magvel Nights? Either way though, wasn't Arch trying to finish EN by christmas?

I don't get paid either you gotta want to do it. It's not that hard you just need to be a problem solver. I wouldn't recommend creating a hack using Elibian Nights for 3 raisins:

1: there's going to be a lot of garbage data that you don't want and everything's repointed so you're going to have no clue where shit is (which is why you're having trouble hacking it in the first place)

2: there's not much you can really reuse, you can't reuse the mugs, maps, events so what are you really left with?

3: Arch put a lot of work into EN and I think he'd be bothered if someone changed a few things off of his stuff and was like, "Look at my hack guys! Isn't it awesome? " so unless he actually tells you it's okay, I wouldn't do it unless it's just a private thing you're going to use for personal use only but even that's iffy

so just hack the base FE7. 90% of the heavylifting has been done by other people like Hextator and Nintenlord so it's not so bad albiet time consuming

So now that we have the holiday "arch will do what I want because its near Christmas" out of the way, anybody else have an elibian nights counter instead of a Christmas one?

lol it was my bad, it was just a fan suggestion. I thought he'd welcome the idea. But yeah Elibian Nights is all I need for Christmas.

And I wasn't promoting my project, I was asking how to work with Arch's so I might be able to use it one day for a project of my own. It was a discussion on Elibian Nights.

Oh so does anyone know what bonus content is exactly? Is it a playable chapter or just some dialogue?

Edited by RennacIsUnderrated

lol it was my bad, it was just a fan suggestion. I thought he'd welcome the idea. But yeah Elibian Nights is all I need for Christmas.

And I wasn't promoting my project, I was asking how to work with Arch's so I might be able to use it one day for a project of my own. It was a discussion on Elibian Nights.

Oh so does anyone know what bonus content is exactly? Is it a playable chapter or just some dialogue?

Unlock it and find out ;p

i feel like talking about your own project doesn't belong in someone else's project :o

This.

I'd also prefer that people not use my ROM itself, you're free to reference the event source liberally, and I wouldn't mind seeing someone else take on a similar format. Obviously I couldn't protest against people hacking a modified ROM, since that'd be hypocritical as I've modified works that do not belong to me. But I've worked hard on this for many years now, and that process is what made the project what it is. Cutting corners by hacking someone else's hack takes away a lot of that personal skill development, which is why I'm opposed to it, and would encourage you to start your own fresh project. The version of Elibian Nights I publish is the intended final version, I won't recognize or assist in any derivative works, reskins, or unauthorized extensions of the hack. Sorry, but that's my stance. I'd ask you to please refrain from discussion of other projects in this topic, because yes, that's what you were doing. Edited by Arch

This.

I'd also prefer that people not use my ROM itself, you're free to reference the event source liberally, and I wouldn't mind seeing someone else take on a similar format. Obviously I couldn't protest against people hacking a modified ROM, since that'd be hypocritical as I've modified works that do not belong to me. But I've worked hard on this for many years now, and that process is what made the project what it is. Cutting corners by hacking someone else's hack takes away a lot of that personal skill development, which is why I'm opposed to it, and would encourage you to start your own fresh project. The version of Elibian Nights I publish is the intended final version, I won't recognize or assist in any derivative works, reskins, or unauthorized extensions of the hack. Sorry, but that's my stance. I'd ask you to please refrain from discussion of other projects in this topic, because yes, that's what you were doing.

Jesus man let it die already, that's not what I was trying to do. I have no plans of publicizing any of my works so chill your tits. No one's trying to steal your "years of work," it was a hypothetical idea and nothing more, there is no "project"(It was an idea ere go not actually a project), I was just getting an understanding of your hack in case I ever wanted to make a project for my own enjoyment that was based off yours. If anything you should be honored that people want to make spin offs of your work. Sometimes I wonder how you have anyone download this with how much of an ass you are to your loyal fans.