Elibean Nights

Arch

In Zephiel's tale, when you get the flashback of Eliwood and Co. saving Zephiel in the events of FE7, he has the sprite from Elibian Nights. Is this intentional? After beating the tale, it goes to an Eliwood with a green scarf.

Edited by kurthnaga

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm... not sure what I did, to finish so quickly, either. I had the lock on the right side of the map picked immediately and must have moved Nino into threat range-- I remember doing most of the damage on the counter attack. The party on the left side hadn't even gotten out of their cage yet. Is the paladin boss' AI set to move or pursue or something? That might be a point to notice.

Additionally,

[spoiler=Zephiel's Tale spoilers]The 'dragonslaying sword' Narshen/Narcian gets from Zephiel doesn't seem to have a dragonslaying effect on the manaketes or gargoyles in that tale. Also, not sure whether or not this is intentional, but Brenya's Magic cap is 20, which sort of hampers her usability in the chapter. Does her ice tome have any special features, like any of the other Bern special weapons?

EDIT: Rune Bow has a price of zero (from Kent's Tale's armory).

Her ice tome has 1-3 range. (I guess that is the special thing)

Also, whoops. New Eliwood critting causes a game freeze/giant whiny noise glitch on one of the last frames. If it means anything, I used the Noble Rapier.

b7bf6027228e9bfcaf321546d24b6317.png

I dunno, but should something be done about this? Since it's a little different from the new Eliwood.

Just a bit.

Pairing is Eliwood and Lyn, if that matters.

Yeah, we noted that earlier. I'll probs try to crank out a sad chromarfigurdiwood sometime in the near future. Or maybe just make a lazy and vaguely sad expression as a temp. :B

Edited by Etain

The Sage caps should be fixed in the most recent patch.

Agrona is supposed to be effective, I'll try to get everything reported tonight in an update tomorrow.

Still waiting on a sad nuEliwood. He should be his old self in all flashbacks so yes I must've forgotten one. Gotta look into the animation too it seems.

Keep an eye out for free items, yes.

Edited by Arch

Ah ha, coolio.

Moar stuff though. Apologies if it's been noted already.

eb7e361214ec9bce53849cc19ab6408e.png

Ninian? Where?

fbb5c454b7815f43d038bec3ac26de9d.png

Why in the name of sanity does Lowen have a javelin he can't use?

This is from Pherae's Reconstruction.

Her ice tome has 1-3 range. (I guess that is the special thing)

Ah, didn't notice that because of the Meteor range. Very... cool.

EDIT: Quick question. What was the thought process behind leaving a purchasable (and seemingly modified price) Mine in Merlinus' tale? Is there an opportunity to exploit the Mine glitch somewhere or another in the Tale? I figured it would have some important utility or purpose, seeing as how it costs the full of your starting gold, but just thought I'd ask.

Edited by Remy

Patch update.

Should fix all of the minor things that have been reported. Eliwood's attack animation is set to map only for now. Remy's glitch in Legault's tale should not occur if you start over from the beginning of pt2, hopefully.

Few things I saw while playing around:

Wil/Dan's talk conversation breaks(it's a Hector/Oswin convo) in Pherae's Reconstruction if Rebecca is paired with Wil and the chain cannot be completed.

The Guy/Priscilla talk convo is an Erk/Raven conversation from the tale's Part 2.

Incorrect text when attempting to pair Erk and Priscilla/Nino when Erk was already paired with Serra, asked to pair Isadora and Renault. Worked fine though.

Not sure if all pairings are supposed to have talk convos

(certain pairs like Sain/Priscilla and Serra/Oswin do not appear to have talk convos).

Not sure if Lyn is supposed to appear in Hector's tale if paired (still got Lisbet). Isadora did not substitute for Jan in Legault's Part 1 tale, though she does show up for Part 2. Nino and Isadora do not have death quotes.

The palette of the knights in Karel's first chapter is kinda messed up.

Edited by -Cynthia-

[spoiler=Pent's Tale bug (spoilers?)]9zrqx73.png

The above occurred when I finished Pent's Tale after having allowed Renault to visit Kishuna's grave in the chapter and selected to continue to part 2. It brings you back into a loop of Isadora telling Pent to come as Renault fades to death and doesn't ever actually allow you to move to part 2- which is a shame, since I was looking to try out Archsage Pent in Louise's Tale. The same also occurs if you select "No" to continuing onto the next Tale, essentially bringing you into an inescapable loop. The dialogue is unskippable, as well. Thank goodness for savestates, I guess.

Speaking of which, the dialogue when Pent speaks to Efta is also unskippable.

Poor Isadora, though.

Edited by Remy

Keep in mind that basically what matchmaker does is add in tons of new conditional logic. It definitely broke down in Pent's ending, unfortunately I didn't catch that one first. If an else/endIF has the same ID as another it'll loop back to the first one. In this case we've just got a little infinite loop to take care of.

And yes, unfinished text is good to scout. It should likely come as an FE7 support conversation or some final chapterish text.

Edited by Arch

Okay, patch update should fix the following: (same link as before)

Pent's tale ending essentially bringing you into an inescapable loop.

Isadora did not substitute for Jan in Legault's Part 1 tale, though she does show up for Part 2.

Incorrect text when attempting to pair Erk and Priscilla/Nino when Erk was already paired with Serra, asked to pair Isadora and Renault. Worked fine though.

I wasn't able to replicate this one, there's definitely code already that's supposed to prevent this.

Not sure if Lyn is supposed to appear in Hector's tale if paired (still got Lisbet).

Keeping track of all the missing text to take care of when I can. Got a job interview today, woooo~

Edited by Arch

sorry about all the bug reports you guys are doing great

[spoiler=Raven's Tale shenanigans (spoilers?) and more, editing as I go]

Gjsknbo.png

This Sagittary in Raven's Tale part 1 has a broken palette. I dig the grungy look, at least.

ShSIfs6.png

Lucius' Artemis has no sell price. I figure it's because it's an item with no shop value, either? Not that I was intending to sell it or anything-- it's a pretty rockin' and smart tome.

(No Screenshot)

The Seraph Knight and the Ballistician, are giving huge amounts of EXP on kill, far more than the other enemies. Level 12 Shen got a clean 100 EXP killing a Seraph Knight. The Halberdiers, however, don't seem to have this effect. Potential balance thing?

(No Screenshot)

Other potential balance thing: Ephidel gave something like 10 or 20-something EXP when Canas killed him in Pent's tale, something less than normal enemies in the chapter, despite being boss tagged. I'll play through the fixed chapter again later to confirm.

(No Screenshot)

Erk is playable as Priscilla's husband in Raven's Tales, but due to his importance in being Arcard's worm, he's jumping back and forth and somehow still reporting to Arcard in the between-turns cutscenes in Raven's Tale part 2. I wasn't sure if this was a goof or not. Are replacement villains a thing?

(No Screenshot)

Playable Erk in Raven's Tale part 2 has no death quote.

M5Nham5.pngC7n9clq.png

This Paladin in Raven's Tale part 2 has a Tomahawk he can't actually use.

EDIT: There's another Paladin in the same tale with a Steel Axe he can't actually use.

1paOydp.png

The event in this house leads to the Talk conversation in Eliwood's Tale between Lyn and Natalie regarding the former's [pregnancy] rather than any villager conversation.

Also, break a leg, Arch!

Edited by Remy

Still not getting Lyn on Hector's Tale on a new file, dunno what it is.

Maybe Cecilia could be Erk's substitute if he's paired with Priscilla?

The Ninian in Zephiel's tale has no death quote.

Oh also, In Legault Part 2 there's a talk between Everett and Dieter that seems like it might recruit Dieter but he stays hostile.

Edited by -Cynthia-

I have two bugs and a story problem to report Arch.

bug A: if you pair Sain with Rebecca in Eliwood's tale he starts with a silver sword he can't use(maybe intentional but still worth mentioning])

bug B: if the theif that steals the Iron Rune backtracks in Eliwood's tale after heading towards the starting room, he will rapidly go back and forth get stopped like he's in Fog of War, then leaves the map.

story problem: if you pair Lyn with Eliwood, She will only mention him once, then completly diss him for Kent. This honestly seems highly out of character for Lyn to me.

All in all I'm very impressed so far, and I would like to help out if possible dispite only being a noob hacker.

which is why I'm bug reporting something I never do.