Elibean Nights

Arch

The armored brigands in Jerrot's tale have weird ranged attack animations; when they throw the axe it disappears altogether and then reappears in their hands a couple of frames later.

Also Bow!Wallace doesn't have any dodging frames (I found this in Kent's Tale,) but the generic bow generals do.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Elliwoods Tale if you kill both Bosses before one of them runs off their talk event will still occur and the game glitches if you don't skip it.

How did you even get that far so quickly? Yeesus you people are good at cheesin' this game. Edited by Arch

what exact strats are you using to get down there because i always ended up about 4 squares short

E:

oh i suppose if you're rigging bolting crits

Edited by CT075

Meredith had 0 crit chance. My Tactic was to damage him enough so the Druids wouldn't heal him and then finish him off with two Boltings and a Longbow hit.

I believe I killed him on Turn 3.

Neat new thing to add thanks to Crazycolorz, variable hit/avo/crit boosts for each class instead of just crit +15. Do these seem balanced?

Warrior: +5 Crit, +5 Hit

Sage: +5 Hit, +5 Avo

Hero: +10 Hit

Bishop: +10 Avo

Rogue: +10 Avo

Wyvern Knt: +10 Crit

Swordmaster: +15 Crit

Halberdier: +15 Crit

Berserker: +15 Crit

Sagittary: +10 Hit, +5 Crit

Sniper: +15 Crit

Eliwood: +15 Hit

Hector: +5 Crit, +5 Avo

Lyn: +15 Crit

Get this little hack for yourself on FEU.

Edited by Arch

I'm digging the balance changes, personally. I just appreciate that Sagittary and Snipers are more differentiated. Warrior could really use the bit of extra hit, too.

Also, a quirk- not sure whether or not this is intentional.

[spoiler=Energy Ring?]BCSlMzT.pngvpsazE6.png

The droppable Energy Ring from Lyn's Tale doesn't seem to have a use effect, nor a use description. Instead, holding it gives the bonus. At first I thought it was a graphical error, but the same applies to the Speedwings, Talisman, and Goddess Icon- I bought a pair for Florina and she got the +2 Speed, Res, and Luck, respectively. I don't mind the change in how stat boosters work, since this actually allows you to slightly bypass caps (in Sain's case, Strength), but if this change is being stuck to, I would recommend editing out the text that says "Vanishes after use" in the R-description.

Edited by Remy

The smithing kit in Pents Tale doesn't seem to work (on Nosferatu). Also wasn't Canas supposed to have a 100% chance to find the hidden Items?

Yeah, I can't find the hidden items in Pent's tale, I had Canas wait on the light grass tiles for like 5-6 turns then I stopped bothering. I could've just been looking in the wrong spot I guess/got unlucky with the trigger chance.

I'm digging the balance changes, personally. I just appreciate that Sagittary and Snipers are more differentiated. Warrior could really use the bit of extra hit, too.

Also, a quirk- not sure whether or not this is intentional.

[spoiler=Energy Ring?]BCSlMzT.pngvpsazE6.png

The droppable Energy Ring from Lyn's Tale doesn't seem to have a use effect, nor a use description. Instead, holding it gives the bonus. At first I thought it was a graphical error, but the same applies to the Speedwings, Talisman, and Goddess Icon- I bought a pair for Florina and she got the +2 Speed, Res, and Luck, respectively. I don't mind the change in how stat boosters work, since this actually allows you to slightly bypass caps (in Sain's case, Strength), but if this change is being stuck to, I would recommend editing out the text that says "Vanishes after use" in the R-description.

If that is intentional, I actually quite like the idea. It makes more sense to have the ring "equipped" and providing a passive benefit than providing a permanent boost and plain old vanishing. What, are these things absorbed into the body or something?

Incidentally, is "Vergil" supposed to be listed as a Troubadour when you press "R" on his name?

...Actually, given what a "Troubadour" actually is (a male poet/performer), it's probably not a mistake. I'm just too accustomed to the Fire Emblem meaning of troubadour.

If that is intentional, I actually quite like the idea. It makes more sense to have the ring "equipped" and providing a passive benefit than providing a permanent boost and plain old vanishing. What, are these things absorbed into the body or something?

Incidentally, is "Vergil" supposed to be listed as a Troubadour when you press "R" on his name?

...Actually, given what a "Troubadour" actually is (a male poet/performer), it's probably not a mistake. I'm just too accustomed to the Fire Emblem meaning of troubadour.

It's intentional, yeah. I might have new icons made and rename the statboosters as "____ Ring" just to differentiate them. I think you can still use them when you aren't capped? Or at least you should be able to. Hopefully we get rid of the passive stat-boost stacking effect, so then it's only the first one in your inventory that applies which would make actually using it not too worthless.

And the R-description is actually a reference to lyrics from the "theme song" of a men's choir I used to sing in at college, "Brothers, Sing On." It is using the actual sense of the word, not the class name. Like if someone's attitude were to be described as "cavalier."

Yeah, I can't find the hidden items in Pent's tale, I had Canas wait on the light grass tiles for like 5-6 turns then I stopped bothering. I could've just been looking in the wrong spot I guess/got unlucky with the trigger chance.

Drat, I thought I'd already gone in and set it up so that Canas would automagically just get the items 100% chance.

Hopefully we get rid of the passive stat-boost stacking effect, so then it's only the first one in your inventory that applies which would make actually using it not too worthless.

Do you want it so that only the first item of any type applies? That would be easy to do, if unintuitive to the player. Making multiple copies of the same item not stack would be a little more tricky, but still doable.

Do you want it so that only the first item of any type applies? That would be easy to do, if unintuitive to the player. Making multiple copies of the same item not stack would be a little more tricky, but still doable.

I don't like the unintuitive aspect of the former, but it would definitely solve the balance issues presented. These boost items aren't super plentiful, expensive to buy, and hopefully wouldn't be too gamebreaking if horded onto one unit (but I have doubts). In the first round of testing, the price had to triple on the Hoplon Guard because of the stack effect (the intent was that people would distribute them to make their party better instead of creating superunits). I could make a note of the "first in inventory" thing in an R-button bubble somewhere?

The design of Elibian Nights, where there's minimal carryover between chapters and no consequences for choices, sort of naturally leans toward hording the items to break the balance. Can't really see these working as intended unless that potential for hording is addressed.

Edited by Arch

Now that a new update is released, I'm gonna have to find time to play it...

...conveniently, tomorrow is a national holiday here where I live, so I'll have a full day to do so :)

[spoiler=Lyn's Tale loop (end spoilers)]CPKOQJ1.png

In Lyn's Tale, after completing the Chapter, Lyn's conversation with Kent and Sain about how she's leaving them and how she's joining the Kutolah loops over infinitely. First, it occurs over the background backdrop, but after the first time, it moves onto the map of the chapter. If you hit enter to bypass the conversation, here or immediately at chapter end, you get a black screen and infinite post-chapter victory music. Due to this, the chapter cannot be completed.

Also, I don't know if all paired spouses are supposed to have a conversation somewhere in their chapter, but aside from their recruitment conversation, Rath and Lyn don't seem to have one.

EDIT:

[spoiler=Lyn's Tale missing convo/functionality?]It also seems that the theoretical talk chain in which Lyn speaks to Rath and then to Prasad which would unlock Rath's gaiden chapter is missing. Lyn isn't given the opportunity to speak to Rath after he's recruited, making accessing the cave of toxins chapter legitimately impossible. Again, this is an instance where Lyn is paired to Rath, so perhaps this has something to do with that?

EDIT 2:

[spoiler=Hector's Tale palettes]The enemies marked "Ryerde" don't seem to have a custom palette They're generic enemy red, whereas the enemies marked "Tuscana" have a neat silver and forest green color scheme. I don't know where or not it was planned for the Ryerde troops to have a custom palette, but I thought I'd mention it.

[spoiler=Boots]Purchasable Boots don't have the "hold item to gain bonus effect" as the other stat booster items do. Personally, I'm okay if it becomes the Leg Ring in a future patch.

[spoiler=Erik in Hector's Tale (spoiers)]9cqFyzN.png

If Eric dies in Hector's Tale, his death quote is a conversation between some NPC and himself (I want to say it's Dieter? Not familiar with him.) Afterwards, or if it's skipped, the game freezes and crashes.

Also, anybody happen to have an idea as to the functionality of the Playing Card?

Edited by Remy