Elibean Nights

Arch

Eliwood pls, you aren't a badass, stop trying to be one.

That's Hector's job.

Eliwuss is the obligatory "Good Guy who's kind of bland but we're forced to use/like him because the writers decided to make him the main character".

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eliwood is the tryhard lord. His battle quote had to reflect that (also I changed "bastards" to "dastards" because it's the right thing to do).

Speaking of things to do.

HSKee46.png

Arch all you ever post anymore are stat screens. Sell your VBA, kid.

I'm working on Rath's Tale Hard Mode, and it's really really really quite fuuun.

There've been a few substantial changes to the tale's gameplay as of now. First off, the treasure chests have been reconfigured since they're tied to an achievement. Now, you'll get items based on the number of chests you have opened--starting with some shitty Bronze Bows and such. Your first key is an enemy drop, and the second chest key is your fifth item. Open all thirteen to unlock the achievement. Gotta watch out for Rogues, though; if one opens a chest, another Rogue will pop out of the chest! Don't ask me to justify that in the script, just roll with it. Before, there were chests based on luck like desert items; this was kind of painful to play with, since most people would get Bronze weapons and fake Elixirs and some would report bugs about Elixirs not working (but only in Rath's Tale, teehee).

Secondly, I've redone my laziness reinforcements. Six sets of stairs (leading to what, idk, it's a cave under a cave?), where various enemies will spawn, either every 4th turn, or every 2nd turn (starting after turn 10 in Normal Mode). Before, I just dumped all the stair units into one batch of spawns every so often. There'll be more of a consistent enemy presence throughout the cave.

Also you'll notice that Wayra actually made his way to the map. I've taken out Prasad's crit in the opening sequence (still gets doubled tho like a scrub), but Wayra makes an appearance as a boss only in hard mode. Now reclassed to Summoner, he'll conjure up Phantoms, who receive no movement penalties from any tile. Basically, his minions will chase you through the cave maze, running through walls. He can only keep one at a time, thank goodness.

Welcome back to the troll king's cave.

Why is eliwood commenting on his enemies parents marital status or lack thereof. Edit okay dastards is better

Quite frankly while I've always been looking forward to more of this hack whenever it updates, but from what I've seen in the past couple years I'm not sure if all the added stuff will work together it just seems to me like it wont mix well, oh well ill just wait and see how i enjoy it this introduced me to rom hacking so i hope it does.

Edited by goodperson707

Why is eliwood commenting on his enemies parents marital status or lack thereof.

Are you unfamiliar with the use of the word 'bastard' as an insult... ?

You know the remarkable thing about this hack is it never really seems like feature creep - everything that's in it so far seems like a genuine beneficial addition to the end product. So yeah, glad things are still clicking on, and looking forward to playing it at last.

Eliwood is the tryhard lord. His battle quote had to reflect that (also I changed "bastards" to "dastards" because it's the right thing to do).

Speaking of things to do.

HSKee46.png

Arch all you ever post anymore are stat screens. Sell your VBA, kid.

I'm working on Rath's Tale Hard Mode, and it's really really really quite fuuun.

There've been a few substantial changes to the tale's gameplay as of now. First off, the treasure chests have been reconfigured since they're tied to an achievement. Now, you'll get items based on the number of chests you have opened--starting with some shitty Bronze Bows and such. Your first key is an enemy drop, and the second chest key is your fifth item. Open all thirteen to unlock the achievement. Gotta watch out for Rogues, though; if one opens a chest, another Rogue will pop out of the chest! Don't ask me to justify that in the script, just roll with it. Before, there were chests based on luck like desert items; this was kind of painful to play with, since most people would get Bronze weapons and fake Elixirs and some would report bugs about Elixirs not working (but only in Rath's Tale, teehee).

Secondly, I've redone my laziness reinforcements. Six sets of stairs (leading to what, idk, it's a cave under a cave?), where various enemies will spawn, either every 4th turn, or every 2nd turn (starting after turn 10 in Normal Mode). Before, I just dumped all the stair units into one batch of spawns every so often. There'll be more of a consistent enemy presence throughout the cave.

Also you'll notice that Wayra actually made his way to the map. I've taken out Prasad's crit in the opening sequence (still gets doubled tho like a scrub), but Wayra makes an appearance as a boss only in hard mode. Now reclassed to Summoner, he'll conjure up Phantoms, who receive no movement penalties from any tile. Basically, his minions will chase you through the cave maze, running through walls. He can only keep one at a time, thank goodness.

Welcome back to the troll king's cave.

...*blinks* ...enemy Sage with infinite-use Bolting Tome? Please tell me he's not positioned in a super-asshole way where it would be difficult if not impossible to reach him, like completely surrounded by a 3-thick wall allowing him safe and infinite boltings on you...

...ah crap, I just jinxed it, didn't I?

...*blinks* ...enemy Sage with infinite-use Bolting Tome? Please tell me he's not positioned in a super-asshole way where it would be difficult if not impossible to reach him, like completely surrounded by a 3-thick wall allowing him safe and infinite boltings on you...

What infinite-use bolting tome? It's still 5 uses.

...Good idea, but I'm not going to be that cruel.

Only thiiis cruel (in Hard Mode):

Ip3lKGW.png

He'll keep summoning Phantoms, one-by-one, until you kill him. As you can see, they now walk through walls. If you don't take care of him early on, you might end up regretting it!

Edited by Arch

Are you unfamiliar with the use of the word 'bastard' as an insult... ?

You know the remarkable thing about this hack is it never really seems like feature creep - everything that's in it so far seems like a genuine beneficial addition to the end product. So yeah, glad things are still clicking on, and looking forward to playing it at last.

I will just say i disagree with that last part and leave it at that.

and are you unfamiliar with definition creep...?

Hey, this hack looks really great, it seems like you've put a lot of effort into it. However, I'm having a problem playing it and I'm really not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I used the .ups from the main download link on the OP, and tried to use NUPS to patch it to an FE7 file (100% clean.) The program told me that the patch didn't match the file, so I made a back-up copy of the ROM and tried to do it anyway, and, as expected, VBA was unable to load it. I looked around the forums and this thread to see if there were any clues as to what the problem is, but as far as I can tell I'm doing everything right. Does anyone have a clue what could be the issue?

Forgive me if this has already come up in this thread and I missed it, but I didn't see it while searching through, and I am pretty eager to play the game.

EDIT: I figured out the problem, I was trying to patch a .zip file, not a .gba file, ignore this post.

Edited by CaptainAdalwin

What goodperson707 clearly meant was in reference to the "Feature Creep"-- and that the introduction of this doesn't feel like it

When it is, by the definition of 'creep', a form of feature creep.

It comes somewhere, and then others adopt it. That is feature creep.

• 2 weeks later...

iAX94mx.png

So this is what happens when I chill with ghast on Sunday mornings. He needed spell animation help, and I ended up making one myself. So now EN's got a new FE2 throwback.

Icon is slightly recolored from an open source contribution made by Lisandra_Brave.

As always, you can find my spell animations in this open source archive hosted on FEU.

Edited by Arch

But Slime isn't long range in FE2 gosh

Maybe I'll make it a "Longbow" tome at 2-5 or sth.

WG0MmOG.png

Also I ended up adding a few more dark animations (made from pieces of FE8's monster spells). Worm gets a basic animation to differentiate it from Flux (it probably needs a new icon now tho?). Niime's Grimoire gets the ability to attack at 1-range only; it cannot counter-attack or be countered, so she's garaunteed an attack without reprecussions when using it (and it's strong enough to peck off most weakened enemies). As for Dulam, I'm strongly considering scrapping its current effect in favor of something new. Being a close-range Eclipse is kinda boring in this day and age, right? Not to mention that it's an utterly useless addition. So, I'm opening the floor to effect suggestions for Dulam.

Edited by Arch

brings down opponent's HP to 1, does 1 HP damage if HP == 1

(hey look it's the original effect from FE3)

Of course, it would have to have the accuracy of Eclipse from FE6, making it utterly useless.

It'd probably be sheer bullshit, but what about if it did half of maximum HP damage? If that's even possible, but it looks like people have... completely broken the engine open since I stopped being active, so, hell.