Elibean Nights

Arch

what if ethereal goo could reduce enemy movement by 1?

edit - fudge now i want to do that LOL

Edited by GhastStation

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an awful idea, it's basically a one hit kill.

Just give it horrible accuracy. Plus, it's not like death affects the whole game in this hack, it just affects the chapter you're playing. And like Alusq said, perhaps a hard mode exclusive tome?

Just give it horrible accuracy. Plus, it's not like death affects the whole game in this hack, it just affects the chapter you're playing. And like Alusq said, perhaps a hard mode exclusive tome?

Also there could be a rune item like the Delphi Shield that could negate status effects, making the wearer perfect bait for the spell.

Being forced to play Russian Roulette is a pretty awful idea. Even baiting it with some very specific unit forces you to slow down and just wait patiently for that one unit... nevermind the fact that the bait also has to not be attacked by anything else, given that it'll only have 1 health.

Thanks for the healthy amount of suggestions! I'll probably end up going with the original FE3 effect, but I'm considering a variety of options still.

Anyways, I'm looking at adding two new light tomes as well (since dark got a few new toys, and anima got a lot of things).

jAmQCA3.png

Yes, another light spell made from pieces of Ivaldi since that's all I really have for spare parts.

Introducing Exordium; it's based on a light spell from TRS, actually (called Prelude, "Exordium" is a fancier word meaning the same thing). The spell cannot counter-attack, and cannot be countered, much like the Grimoire (except Grimoire is 1-range locked and gives stat boosts). The weapon icon is borrowed from Lord Glenn's open source offerings.

The second I've got planned is based on one of Crazycolorz5's demonstrations; a "Reflect" spell, which mirrors the enemy's weapon might. I'm looking at using a recolored version of the SNES Resire animation for this spell.

Edited by Arch

Also hey sorry for all the delays I promise EN will be ready for release at this years FEE3 double pinky promise with extra sugar on top.

Hey, This is some great hack you have there.

But i have kind of some problems.

First: I beat Arcada(Or whatever his name was) on Raven's tale, tried to Seize the castle, but nothing.

Am I forced to lose?(Even if I managed to Survive and defeat Arcadio?)

Second: I selected Wait with ALL Charas on Pent's tale, but the chapter won't end(Everyone was alive and I even killed Nergal's son).

Third: Neither Kent's nor Rath's Tale becomes playable, even if I fullfill their requeriments.

Fourth: What the heck "Please understand" means?

First: I beat Arcada(Or whatever his name was) on Raven's tale, tried to Seize the castle, but nothing.

Second: I selected Wait with ALL Charas on Pent's tale, but the chapter won't end(Everyone was alive and I even killed Nergal's son).

Third: Neither Kent's nor Rath's Tale becomes playable, even if I fullfill their requeriments.

Sounds like you have an older patch on items two through four.

I do need to fix the part about Arcard's death, though. You should be given the option to surrender after 14 turns, which is an automatic "victory." If you refuse to surrender, you keep fighting until you lose. I am intending to make Arcard's death end the chapter after reading this.

Crazycolorz5 (aka Jesus) visited me this week down in Sactown, and now I have a slick EN update. First hack with customized AI? #MiracleWeek

Basically, the function is as follows: Kaherdin will attack Karel at full HP, but will not move from his throne under any circumstance. After inflicting damage, Kaherdin will Talk to Karel a maximum of 5 times, at which point the battle ends. Because this was originally a forced loss, I wanted to include an alternate route to triggering the transition to Karel's last map.

Sounds like you have an older patch on items two through four.

I do need to fix the part about Arcard's death, though. You should be given the option to surrender after 14 turns, which is an automatic "victory." If you refuse to surrender, you keep fighting until you lose. I am intending to make Arcard's death end the chapter after reading this.

I'm having the same problems even though I'm using the latest version of the patch.Help?

• 2 weeks later...