Elibean Nights

Arch

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hector's tale has a few problems. If you pair Lyn with Hector, the dialogue between Hector and Oswin loops once. The first time, it's Hector, Oswin, Matthew and Serra in the scene. The second time, Kent is there and Serra is not (presumbly, this is the dialogue in the even that Serra is paired off with Erk). Kent doesn't actually turn up in the chapter. Lyn's there as she should. But Lyn gets no dialogue in the beginning and not even at the end of that chapter. Also, if you do pair Serra with Erk, the dialogue at the start doesn't have Kent (which I'm guessing it should since he replaces her as a unit).

Also, is Jaffar supposed to be in part 2 of Karel's tale if you dpn't air him with Nino? The monster that used to be there still shows up in the final part but the connection between those parts is now gone.

Edited by Ranger Jack Walker

Also, I'm stuck on part 2 of Zephiel's take. I beat all the enemies, got all the conversations and triggered the cut scene. There are no enemies to be found and i don't know how to wake up the demon dragon

There is a known bug with legault's tale pt 2, making it so you can't complete it.

Not sure if you guys are aware, but the EN team is working on a final release.

From arch :

The public releases that are available, I'm sure, have a few horrible bugs in them. I would strongly encourage you to wait a bit longer for the definitive release, as a final (glitch-less) version will be coming soon to an emulator near you!

Pent's second tale is pretty buggy in my experience. I finished it once and suddenly I got Jaffar's achievement even so Douglas was killed. Then the screen got pretty glitchy and I couldn't see the tale ending.

Besides that Elibean Nights in totally amazing and definity a worth experience. Karel's tale was the best!!!!! Arch,you should put a poll regarding the favourite tale!

• 1 month later...

I know this is a known Bug Already (Not being able To finish the 2nd Chapter in Legault's tale), but is there a way to be able to find Montresor? Because, I can't really find him to finish the chapter. I've tried restarting it multiple times.

Is there no way to finish the tale? Because, this has been pretty awesome so far.

I know this is a known Bug Already (Not being able To finish the 2nd Chapter in Legault's tale), but is there a way to be able to find Montresor? Because, I can't really find him to finish the chapter. I've tried restarting it multiple times.

Is there no way to finish the tale? Because, this has been pretty awesome so far.

If you know this is a known bug already why do you ask? xd

Well anyways, yeah you can't find him, so if you want to select another tale and you didn't make a savestate or saved the game before entering the tale you'll have to start from the beginning.

If you know this is a known bug already why do you ask? xd

Well anyways, yeah you can't find him, so if you want to select another tale and you didn't make a savestate or saved the game before entering the tale you'll have to start from the beginning.

I knew that it was a known Bug, not if it had a way to be solved.

Thanks for the Answer though, Aprecciate it.

Well.... it does have a fix. You would have to know your way around event assembler and be able to replace an existing event.

If you are capable of doing so, then go to the Elibean Nights feuniverse page ( link is in in Arch's signatue and can be found on the OP ) and scroll to the newest comments ( which are on the bottom of the page for me ) then search until you find someone who asked the same question, and there is an answer shortly after that post.

If you are not capable, then you will just have to wait until Arch releases the final version.

• 2 weeks later...

I will be posting a final public beta in conjunction with the first FE Direct, which anyone is welcome to participate in. The patch will be complete, content-wise, but may still have some minor bugs to iron out. Any glitches uncovered during this final phase of development will be addressed and a final patch will be released. My goal is to have everything finalized by the end of February (at the latest).

Thank you to everyone for your support over the years. It's time to finally finish EN! #HiHoLetsGO #BreakTheCurse

Edited by Arch

That sounds fun.

Is an FEXNA version still a possibility?

Either way, it's been awesome seeing this project grown over the years. I still remember how exciting it was to find EN back when it had 3 tales. It'll always hold a special spot in my heart for its quality, its novelty, and how it introduced me to the world of FE hacking.

Edited by deranger

I have a question,it's not exactly a spoiler,but I will tag it

[spoiler=Zephiel's Tale]I was playing through and Narcian joined my team,but I lost the chapter and had to restart,then instead of Narcian,Vaida appeared. What are the conditions to recruit each character?

Edited by Ace Pelleas

• 2 weeks later...

This has been an awesome ride. I would still like to complete a guide on this when its all finished up.

So I assume the download link at the front page contains the most recent Final Beta v2 release?

Edited by Lance-a-lot

Unfortunately, I was unable to make my self-imposed due date. Originally thenFE Direct was supposed to air on the 21st, but I definitely jumped the gun in giving a hard release date. Still intending to release alongside the Direct, but since that's still a work-in-progress that gives me a little bit more breathing room.

Been super busy these past few weeks with a lot of overtime hours, video editing, the usual family holiday obligations, etc. Alas, the curse remains unbroken...for now.

Edited by Arch

• 2 weeks later...

Feedback

In Kent's Tale the Kent - Fiora Conversation is Limstella's Battle Quote Either this is a mess up in that it isn't sopost to point to that or there isn't one

oh and to make this easier here is the Limstella Quote pointer for Text Editing 0xE97

I had some time off today, so I played a few chapters on the public beta that was in the youtube comments section. Here is a few bugs I encountered... Not sure when I'll get to play again so figured I would post what I have so far, obvious spoilers!

-----Smithing kits still not working

Raven pt 1

Typo..."You can rebuild your family's kin[g]dom…. For your parents"

If Guy talks to pricsilla it triggers a raven and erk conversation from pt 2

Ragnell atk power is bugged 276 damage lol

hunter battle sprite glitched

infinite pugilist from home

Everyone except for heath not gaining any weapon/staff experience

Thunder same atk as elfire?

Raven pt 2

Can't access armory at bottom

2/3 of the houses (the 2 lower ones) have lyn/eliwood/natalie conversations. They are from a different tale if I remember right

duel at the end still repeats itself

I still hope to see an alternate ending if you manage to defeat Alcard, I don't mean I wish for a happy ending, just something different for beating him.

Legault part 2

Everette and viada can't steal with thief glove

( I did not check Dieter since there was nothing left to steal once I recruited him )

Talking to Igor triggers a conversation with guy and rath from a different tale

Montressor still not appearing after opening door

Kents tale

Dorcas weapon level is too low to use the steel bow he comes with

There is a swordmaster that can't use his steel blade when tuscana reinforcements arrive

Can't use the top vendor and armory

Sages that spawn to the east can't use their staff

Hector tale

No default pairing? He only has support for oswin by default but if paired with farina, he gains support from both Mathew and Farina

*edit* Hector's tale also repeats part of the dialog, and Lyn's tale would not work at all. I used the venom version of the rom and I did have to bypass the checksum to get it to patch, but let me know if you need any specific information. I have been just kind of playing my own way, I know you have testers and etc, but I would be more than happy to do some more aggressive testing. Just let me know. Otherwise I will just keep playing and report what I come across rather than trying to break everything lol.

*edit2* Efta achievement not working. Also when the boss for part 2 of pent's tale attacks, the dialog is for viada and dorcas and repeats itself for every attack. Part 2 was a bit too easy imo, not that it was ever hard but it felt really nerfed this time. Also not enough rogues with lockpicks to even get all of the chests ( the bottom 2 on the right didn't even get touched ) and the rogues spawn pretty late, by the time they got all the chests on the top it was like round 13/15 so didn't have much use for them. Oh and there was a flare staff but no fog of war =P.

*edit3* Rath's tale doesn't work, no error it just restarts the game. Also Igrene's tale only has 2 enemies and it won't let me seize or escape to the temple.

Edited by urug99

Unofficial beta testing

I have been playing the latest release and I noticed a LOT of glitches. I'll list all of them here.

1- Ragnell is coded to always deal 263 damage.

2- Selecting Lyn's tale crashes the game.
3- When Fargus dies in Hector's tale, you get a glitched death quote, and you instantly win the chapter.
4- You can't seize the temple in Igrene's tale, and the conversations are kinda... off.
5- Selecting Rath's tale restarts the game.
6- Igrene's battle pallette is missing.
7- In Merlinus' tale, Marcus and Onslow's battle conversation triggers every time they fight?
8- Ballistician class card is messed up.
9- In Eliwood's Tale and Kent's Tale, Dorcas joins with a Steel Bow, but he can't use it.
10- Smithing Kit still doesn't work.
11- Dracomasters don't have hand axe animations.
12- In Karel's tale, there is a glitchy conversation between Vaida and Canas when Kaherdin talks to Karel.
13- In Jerrot's tale, Niime has a Flare staff, but there isn't fog in that chapter.
14- Battle music plays when Mercutio uses Vitality.
15- Narcian doesn't have an animation.
16- Erik's bonus content restarts the game, like Rath's Tale
17- Nils has Hector's portrait in Bonus Content.
18- Sad Eliwood portrait needs to be replaced.
19- Karel doesn't have a mini portrait in Guy's bonus content.
20- In Pent's tale, there is a thief with a Steel Sword, but he can't use it.
21- In Hector's tale, the person in the northern village has a glitchy portrait.
22- Most bonus content tales crash the game.
23- Female Heroes have Male Hero class card.
24- In Kent's tale, Kent and Fiora's conversation shows Limstella.
25- In Kent's tale, It should be a game over when Fiora dies, but it isn't.                                                                                                                     26- In Legault's tale, the enemy tent has the player palette.                   

27- In Jerrot's tale, a glitchy version of Louise and Rebecca's support shows up when Sigune dies.             

Missing Descriptions:

Bronze Axe

Bronze Bow

Silver Poleax

Iron Poleax

Arrowspate

Gespenst

Fenrir

Lightning

Astor has Athos's description.

Silver Card has Eckesachs's description.

Raven's Tale pt 2 is "Cog of Destiny" but only in hard mode

Filla's Might description is: "A staff that increases allies' attack for one turn." Staff? Also it's mispelled

Nils has the description of a boss from FE7

I'll edit this post if I find other bugs.

Edited by ChaosSlicer

• 1 month later...

I am currently playing as well and noticed quite a few glitches or oddities. I admit i am not entirely sure if this is the last version (Since i downloaded a while ago, but didn't get to play until now).

Spoiler

Eliwood's Tale - 

1) stairs that take your character to another side don't seem to trigger for everyone. Only Dorcas, Rebecca and Ninian were able to use it

2) When he gets sad while thinking of his mother, Eliwood's outfit reverts to his FE7 self

Merlinus Tale -

1) When i had Dart/Dan speak to Farina, his lover, instead of their dialogue, it played Hector's conversation with Oswin, when he learns of Uther's death

2) The item that repairs weapons does not seem to work

Hector's Tale

1) The game seems to have a hard time when it comes to Hector/Lyn. Even though she is set as his lover, she doesnt appear in the map. After trying a few more times, she did show up, but when i replayed it for the Achievement where you kill Erik, she was gone again

2) When Lyn is present, the conversation where Oswin reads the declaration of war plays twice. Furthermore, Lyn herself doesn't appear in the scene and has no dialogue, unlike Farina

3) Money in general seems to reset randomly in this chapter. Both Erik and the magician girl have 10000 gold when going there even if you spent previously with another character. 

4) The Silver Card's description states it was Hartmut's weapon

5) The guy that gives the Silver Card has a ridiculously glitched sprite

6) Not a glitch, but i found it odd Serra does not have a dialogue with Oswin if he is her lover. Same for Hector not having conversations for his wife.

General -

1) Mounted units seem to randomly lose/gain their ability to move after doing non-combat actions

2) Despite their Support in FE7, Fiora can't have Sain as her lover

3) A small suggestion. I believe having Jake give a list of the current pairings would be handy, to prevent the player from getting confused

4) Another suggestion, but would it be possible to give an option to change the windows during combat? Not sure how everyone else felt, but personally, the yellow hurt my eyes at first

I do have a question though, what happened to Dan exactly? Did he get amnesia again, and forgot about his time as a pirate, but remembered a few things from his past? That sorta confused me.

My apologies if these have already been fixed on a newer version i was not aware of.

Edited by Matezoide

Sorry for posting again, but something is confusing me.

I got the 4 artifacts on Pent's tale, but the achievement isn't triggering. Why is that? I even tried having Canas carry all 4 at the same time, but still nothing. Am i supposed to carry them over to the second part and keep them all the way through? Or did it glitch and i should just discard them (Other than the sword) to make room?

Edit: After beating the chapter, the cutscene crashed after Nino leaves with Jaffar.

Once I reloaded, i was able to skip the cut scene and proceed as normal. I didn't get the achievement for artifacts, but maybe it is because  Canas died and he had 2 of them. I somehow got the achievement for keeping everyone alive though, and also got the bonus content message twice.

Edited by Matezoide