Elibean Nights

Arch

Has it already been reported that there's a glitch at the end of Pent's tale where there's a soldier running all over the map and it never ends?

MAJOR SPOILERS FOR PENT'S TALE BELOW!!!

Spoiler

After the scene where Renault dies, Louise leaves Pent alone so Pent can mourn Renault's death. After afterwards, you see a soldier running all over the map and it never ENDS.

I think I'm using the build before the april fools build, idk.

Edited by Larverto

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Arch said:

2b1d3e8f-9dd6-4edf-af44-c6a2d63be07e.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19964863/EN Gamma Test 8-31-17.ups

Please report glitches so that I can hurry up and finish this shit already.

I used to play this hacked at the version in which all tales selection characters are in the same room and Legault's tales couldn't finish as nobody can open Montreosor's room so this version is kinda new to me.

Been through Legault and Eliwood tales so far and no glitch happen,

and btw, the bonus scene is currently not working right ?

3 hours ago, Capibarainspace said:

Hey there, I found a minor bug,

59a9d587176f9_1235-FireEmblem(U)(Venom)-0.png.2e2291ab21d76ca4b037886d38db864b.png

Sain is looking butchier :D

This is on ch1 of Jerrot´s tale, Wallace-Sain conversation. Also, the Wallace Talk command with Sain only appeared after recruiting Sykes with Jerrot.

PS: This hack is amazing

Thanks for the report! I'm off work until Tuesday, so my goal is to get a substantial amount of bug fixing done this holiday weekend. If you find anything else odd, let me know.

7 hours ago, Umbran Darros said:

404 error on the link to download the patch.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x478owy4yiucvy9/EN Gamma Test 8-31-17.ups?dl=0

Hector's portrait is used on Nils when you go to the bonus content area and in Igrene's tale if all of your units die then there is no Game Over screen, the enemy just gets infinite turns.

Some more bugs that I found: the portrait for the sentry in the first dialogue sequence of Karel's Tale is one of the black fang members with closed eyes, Zephiel's Tale doesn't start, Louise's portrait has reverted back to the vanilla one in Pent's tale, and the threeway talk sequence between rebecca wil and dan triggers a conversation between oswin and hector.

Edited by Lance-a-lot

Found a lot of things to report.

Wall Of Text Below

Spoiler

-Lightning, Fenrir, Gespenst, Luce, Silver Poleax, Bronze Axe, Bronze Bow are missing descriptions.

-Astor is still the deceased archsage.

-Nils (bonus content) has Hector's face and is described as a commander of bern.

-When you speak with Merlinus in Tale Select, he refers to the tale as "Rebuilding Pherae" but the chapter is actually called "Pherae's Reconstruction"

-In Sands of Solitude, Igrene and Gorlois have generic palettes.

-In Sands of Solitude, when Hawkeye visits the house, a Lyn-Rath conversation plays.

-In Undying Vengeance, (part 1) there is an adventurer who has a messed up palette.

-Silver card has Eckesachs's description.

-In A Leader's Trials, the village that gives you the silver card has a glitched mug.

-In Guy's Bonus Tale, Karel doesn't have a mini portrait.

-In The Archsage's Pupil, the thief reinforcements have steel swords, but they have E rank in swords.

-In Astor's Bonus Tale, Astor has a generic palette.

-Zephiel's Tale doesn't work.

-In Kent's Tale, the green Paladin has a Silver Poleax he can't use.

-In Ivory Flower of Light, (part 2) Legault can still use the "Door" command after the door gets destroyed.

-In Karel's Tale (map 1) and Legault's Tale (part 2), in cutscenes, Everett's portrait is used by an enemy general, who I assume is Montresor.

Edited by P33RL355
Found more bugs

Poleaxes don't get weapon triangle advantage or disadvantage. 

Some bonus content cutscenes don't work.

When you beat part 2 of Pent's tale, the final scene loops itself and you cannot continue.

If you get caught by Hector in Astor's bonus content chapter, the text gets buggy.

Both houses in part 2 of Raven's tale are buggy.

If you recruit Lizbeth by visiting the village with Hector, she can still talk with him and the same conversation takes place.

I've found a glitch in Raths tale. After a certain number of turns when the enemys turn finishes all the units disapeer and the game freezes while making a loud ringing noise, I don't know if this is due to GBA4iOS the emulator im using or not.

Welp! The guide I made for this hack 2 years ago got deleted and I can't recover any of the work I did on it...thanks Serenes, you sure know how to make a good forum.

Another glitch: When you defeat Arcard in Raven's tale a dialogue scene will play and then the game leaves only Raven and Arcard on the map and doesn't trigger the end of the chapter. Then after every action Raven and Arcard re-heal and have the dialogue scene replay causing an endless loop. Also the houses in Ravens Tale pt.2 play scenes with Dan and Rebecca and Lyn. 

Edited by Lance-a-lot

On 9/4/2017 at 2:11 PM, CrystalPoke said:

Poleaxes don't get weapon triangle advantage or disadvantage. 

Pretty sure they are supposed to be that way.

However, I have a problem...

Spoiler

In Lyn's tale, Rath has 0 crit on Khitan, even with the killer bow, even with support bonuses from Lyn. This makes it impossible to get the "Jumping the Shark" achievement. Unless I'm missing something? Also, was the "Anticipation" skill from FE7x added in? Khitan appears to have this skill, which is weird, because there is no mention of this anywhere.

Spoilered because, even though I'm sure most people are aware of how to get this achievement, I thought it would be best to not take any chances.

EDIT: Also, game breaking bug in Rath's tale. When a rogue opens a chest near the bottom left corner, the sprite layer bugs out, and then the music bugs out to a high pitched screech that killed my ears.There was an error message (I think I picked out "BIOS") but it flashed and disappeared too quickly to read.

Edited by DolphinDingus

I find it weird how in the new Rath's tale, a thief can freeze the game entirely when that problem didn't exist in Beta 2.  Also, how is anyone supposed to get the "Jumping the Shark" Achievement if Rath can't crit the boss, which is mandatory in order to get the achievement?

Edited by XIII Hearts

Well, uh... pretty major bug I just found...

Spoiler

59c590d08c3f9_ElibianNightsbug.PNG.b9253bd2486d510a9637a491ca924ea5.PNG

So, I took this cap after Fargus got crit and killed the turn after he appeared. Instead of his death quote (whatever that is) it had Rebecca's death quote from FE7, except her portrait changed to a glitchy Lowen. That isn't the major part. The major part is that Fargus' death led to a victory. He was the final boss all along!

16 minutes ago, 2WB said:

I'm not sure where else he's active, but if he can get in touch with me (somehow), I should be able to help him with that.

EDIT: But not this minute, I've gotta go take care of RL stuff.

Edited by eclipse

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

I'm not sure where else he's active, but if he can get in touch with me (somehow), I should be able to help him with that.

Thanks for the help, eclipse!

On 9/11/2017 at 1:38 AM, Geenobe said:

I've found a glitch in Raths tale. After a certain number of turns when the enemys turn finishes all the units disapeer and the game freezes while making a loud ringing noise, I don't know if this is due to GBA4iOS the emulator im using or not.

On 9/22/2017 at 11:01 AM, XIII Hearts said:

I find it weird how in the new Rath's tale, a thief can freeze the game entirely when that problem didn't exist in Beta 2.  Also, how is anyone supposed to get the "Jumping the Shark" Achievement if Rath can't crit the boss, which is mandatory in order to get the achievement?

This should be fixed in the latest patch. What happened was the disassembled version of my event files omitted a critical piece of code that runs after every chest opens (I lost my source a while back due to a laptop theft and had to work off of what EA could generate). This code counts the number of chests that have been opened, and through moving data around that code was overwritten after making changes to the chapter's events. I've tested it and it does work now.

As for not being able to crit bosses, I've got a crack investigator looking into the issue as we speak.

On 9/22/2017 at 3:42 PM, DolphinDingus said:

Well, uh... pretty major bug I just found...

Reveal hidden contents

59c590d08c3f9_ElibianNightsbug.PNG.b9253bd2486d510a9637a491ca924ea5.PNG

So, I took this cap after Fargus got crit and killed the turn after he appeared. Instead of his death quote (whatever that is) it had Rebecca's death quote from FE7, except her portrait changed to a glitchy Lowen. That isn't the major part. The major part is that Fargus' death led to a victory. He was the final boss all along!

Thank you for the report! It will be fixed in the next update (as in, I've already fixed it but haven't made a patch since doing so).

On 9/3/2017 at 5:44 PM, P33RL355 said:

Found a lot of things to report.

Wall Of Text Below

Reveal hidden contents

-Lightning, Fenrir, Gespenst, Luce, Silver Poleax, Bronze Axe, Bronze Bow are missing descriptions.

-Astor is still the deceased archsage.

-Nils (bonus content) has Hector's face and is described as a commander of bern.

-When you speak with Merlinus in Tale Select, he refers to the tale as "Rebuilding Pherae" but the chapter is actually called "Pherae's Reconstruction"

-In Sands of Solitude, Igrene and Gorlois have generic palettes.

-In Sands of Solitude, when Hawkeye visits the house, a Lyn-Rath conversation plays.

-In Undying Vengeance, (part 1) there is an adventurer who has a messed up palette.

-Silver card has Eckesachs's description.

-In A Leader's Trials, the village that gives you the silver card has a glitched mug.

-In Guy's Bonus Tale, Karel doesn't have a mini portrait.

-In The Archsage's Pupil, the thief reinforcements have steel swords, but they have E rank in swords.

-In Astor's Bonus Tale, Astor has a generic palette.

-Zephiel's Tale doesn't work.

-In Kent's Tale, the green Paladin has a Silver Poleax he can't use.

-In Ivory Flower of Light, (part 2) Legault can still use the "Door" command after the door gets destroyed.

-In Karel's Tale (map 1) and Legault's Tale (part 2), in cutscenes, Everett's portrait is used by an enemy general, who I assume is Montresor.

Most of these issues should be addressed in the most recent update.

It's still a work in progress, but thank you everyone for your reports! I'm keeping a list of every issue that people have mentioned and am slowly but surely working through it. It's a great help to have multiple sets of eyes looking at the project for errors, and hopefully we can get this thing finished by FEE3 or at least by the time the show airs.

In Merlinus' tale, a conversation between Dan and Farina turns into a conversation from vanilla FE7 between Hector and Oswin (the one where Hector realizes Uther has died). Then, another conversation in that same chapter has another conversation between Hector and Oswin (I think it is from a similar point in the story as the previous one). I am also unable to get the entire conversation chain in that chapter. Do I have to change my pairings? Also in Merlinus' tale... you might want to clear out the supply. I have no idea how this got in here. I mean, I know I didn't drop it. Why would I?

Berveil.PNG.03f2019939aba063d66108f7f0703c3f.PNG

Finally, in Raven's tale part 2, there is this Great Knight...

59c707f7e7e94_Thatshortaxe....PNG.49fb6d839bd414f0231eb4e2ffdcf786.PNG

Well, this particular screen cap is from an earlier patch, but I checked out that specific knight, and his sprite still uses the lance animation, despite his weapon acting like an axe.

49 minutes ago, DolphinDingus said:

In Merlinus' tale, a conversation between Dan and Farina turns into a conversation from vanilla FE7 between Hector and Oswin (the one where Hector realizes Uther has died). Then, another conversation in that same chapter has another conversation between Hector and Oswin (I think it is from a similar point in the story as the previous one). I am also unable to get the entire conversation chain in that chapter. Do I have to change my pairings? Also in Merlinus' tale... you might want to clear out the supply. I have no idea how this got in here. I mean, I know I didn't drop it. Why would I?

Finally, in Raven's tale part 2, there is this Great Knight...

Well, this particular screen cap is from an earlier patch, but I checked out that specific knight, and his sprite still uses the lance animation, despite his weapon acting like an axe.

Thanks for the report! These issues will be resolved in the next patch (I just finished fixing them).

Edited by Arch

Also, did you change the way enemies conterattack in the new version of this hack?  In Lyns's tale, the boss has a sword and a bow, and he has a sword equipped, but when I attack him with Rath from range, he counters with his bow even though he doesn't have it equipped.  Did you intentionally change counterattacks to work like FE4?  Because I know it didn't work like that in Beta 2.

Screen Shot 2017-09-24 at 2.56.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-24 at 2.56.51 AM.png