Elibean Nights

Arch

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice, now we have FE4 AI stuff

Great, since I seem to be the only one who absolutely HATED that about FE 4's AI

In all seriousness tho, in Pent's second tale Nino is searching for Jaffar BEFORE they wed and had children.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the reason Lugh and Raigh are in the orphanage because of Nino leaveing to hunt Jaffar in this VERY tale.

I apoligize if this came out as a rant as that wasn't my intention, as I want to help this project out as much as possible and can't profrom any hacking aid due to me being a noob hacker.If you want a noob hacker on the team for this or Exalted Legacy I'm game Arch. So I'm reporting any bugs or story flaws I find(that are oversights anyway) in a attempt to help.

I don't see why Nino can't search for Jaffar more than once, IIRC, Jaffar ran away from Nino due to bounty hunters, not because Jaffar felt like joining some assassins.

(I still find Kishuna being Renaults friend to be iffy, as Kishuna was not the first Morph, and Renault said the Morph Nergal made was a puppet/kinda implied it was the first functional morph)

Edited by L95

I don't see why Nino can't search for Jaffar more than once, IIRC, Jaffar ran away from Nino due to bounty hunters, not because Jaffar felt like joining some assassins.

The problem with that is how the tale ended, Nino mentions that Eliwood is going to provide Pheraen knights to protect them. Unless Pherae's knights suddendly become highly incompetant post Merlinus' tale, I doubt Jaffar would feel the need to run away again. That and Nino says in her convo with Canas that Jaffar ran away to protect her so...

Crap, I'm ranting again. This is the first game or hack or anything really I've bug reported on often so if it seems like I'm ranting, please be aware this isn't my intention.

Fantastic...I am the only person on the site who never played Genealogy, and I am the hack's biggest fan...rrgh.

*coughmecough*

Guess it's because I'm too lazy to search for a SNES emulator

(I still find Kishuna being Renaults friend to be iffy, as Kishuna was not the first Morph, and Renault said the Morph Nergal made was a puppet/kinda implied it was the first functional morph)

(Had a chat with Skitty-kitty and my opinion has been moved to their relationship is ambiguous enough that Kishuna is possibly Renault's peep)

But renault really should've had a random start of chapter quote in 32x

Edited by L95

(Had a chat with Skitty-kitty and my opinion has been moved to their relationship is ambiguous enough that Kishuna is possibly Renault's peep)

But renault really should've had a random start of chapter quote in 32x

Just to explain why I came to that rationale:

32x Opening Flashback, Nergal: "...What do you want, monster? You can’t fight... You can’t harvest quintessence... Powerless and frail, you’re naught but a false puppet, a pale imitation. Is this all I was capable of creating in the past...this fool? Absolutely worthless. You are my blunder, my failed morph… You are of no use to me. Go somewhere and rot away into dust.”

Renault x Canas A Support, Renault: "When Nergal first created his morphs, he was not alone. He had one assistant. A mercenary who wanted desperately to bring back a friend he has lost in battle. This mercenary volunteered freely for Nergal’s experiments, knowing they would make him less than human..."

Nergal's quote implies early creation as he remarks at the failed work, while Renault describes being around for the leadup to the first morph's creation (which Kishuna isn't necessarily ruled out being). Being "rewarded" with Kishuna serves as a breaking point in their relationship, at which time Renault goes on to wander the continent with his extended lifetime eventually settling on Dread Isle after apparently killing Lucius's parents and inspiring Wallace to be a man.

EDIT: Upon further inspection, there would appear to possibly be some sort of contradiction in the text. Renault concludes his conversation with Canas by saying "This was a long, long time ago..." He concludes his conversations with Lucius by explaining his killing of Lucius's father with "I trespassed against many in my singular drive to regain the friend I lost...and to satiate my own...monstrous greed." Athos claims that he met Nergal "some 500 years ago." This would have taken place when Lucius was 3, one reading of that line means Renault could have only, at most, left Nergal's service less than 15 years ago. The other reading is that Renault is rationalizing his murders in general, and the murder of Lucius's father (a famous mercenary with strong Quintessence) is explained by his "monstrous greed" line, which drove him to continue harvesting Quintessence in a vampiric fashion after leaving Nergal's service to prolong his life further (described in EN). After moving to the Dread Isle, he feasts on animals to maintain his strength. When Nergal is defeated, he loses the imbued ability to harvest which drives him to meet with Pent as he begins to die.

In all seriousness tho, in Pent's second tale Nino is searching for Jaffar BEFORE they wed and had children.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the reason Lugh and Raigh are in the orphanage because of Nino leaveing to hunt Jaffar in this VERY tale.

I apoligize if this came out as a rant as that wasn't my intention, as I want to help this project out as much as possible and can't profrom any hacking aid due to me being a noob hacker.If you want a noob hacker on the team for this or Exalted Legacy I'm game Arch. So I'm reporting any bugs or story flaws I find(that are oversights anyway) in a attempt to help.

Deadbeat dads often leave more than once. Just sayin'. I could tweak that to be more of a "Jaffar, I followed you to work and you're assassinating again" type of thing in Pent's gaiden, at which point they decide to go settle down in Pherae. They have children, but once bounty hunters start honing in on the Angel of Death, Jaffar vanishes without notice and Nino leaves them at the orphanage so they'll be safe while she leaves to go find him, yes.

As far as the second proposition, EN is beyond noob-level help from a hacking perspective at this point. I'll keep that under my hat when I shift to EL, tho. Then I can announce my next project: Eternal Malaise and we'll have EL, EM, EN, and dats OP.

Edited by Arch

Am I the only person having trouble in the first part of Legault's tale?

When the infinite wyvern swarm comes, I make it up to one-turn away from escape, but then the wyverns just block the way and at that point it becomes impossible to move through. The best I managed was having the three escapees...escape along with Jan, but Legault himself then got completely blocked off from escaping.

Maybe tis a minor complaint, maybe I just suck, but maybe it's possible to have the wyverns come one turn later? Then you'd still have to hurry to escape before being overwhelmed but not require strategy guide-tier precision in positioning.

As for the "Smart AI that switches weapons to suit the needs of the attack", wow, I didn't think it was possible to do on the GBA. That would make some bosses extra Fun to deal with (Khitan probably most notably, max strength + powerful weaponry...).

EDIT: Upon further inspection, there would appear to possibly be some sort of contradiction in the text. Renault concludes his conversation with Canas by saying "This was a long, long time ago..." He concludes his conversations with Lucius by explaining his killing of Lucius's father with "I trespassed against many in my singular drive to regain the friend I lost...and to satiate my own...monstrous greed." Athos claims that he met Nergal "some 500 years ago." This would have taken place when Lucius was 3, one reading of that line means Renault could have only, at most, left Nergal's service less than 15 years ago.

Wallace: I was only ten years old or so at the time I was a squire in the service of a knight of Caelin I was so puny and slight that some teased me, called me a girl.

Renault: Sorry. Thats a little hard to imagine.

Wallace: The man I knew was a mercenary also in the service of Caelin. Yes, and his name was also Renault. Renault the Impervious, they called him. He had no fear of death, and his bravery was well known. Did you know him?

Renault: No

Wallace: I learned much about fighting from him I owed him a great debt as my teacher I wanted to meet him once more time in my life.

Renault: Why do you want to see him?

Wallace: I made a promise to him when I was young. I told him I would fight always for the sake of the people. I told him I would never use the skills he taught me for evil. I want to tell him that I have kept this promise Butsurely he is long dead.

Renault:

This is 30 years ago. He's been in and out of Nergal's service, apparently.

This is 30 years ago. He's been in and out of Nergal's service, apparently.

I'm not exactly convinced that Renault being a mercenary in Caelin necessarily means he was in and out of Nergal's service. I'd imagined he was wandering the world as a mercenary to have a reason to kill and collect Quintessence for himself.

EDIT: Wallace made a promise to Renault that he would never use his skills for evil. That sounds like something Renault would emphasize after leaving Nergal's service.

Edited by Arch

Not sure if this is a bug or not but a different sound plays when an enemy halberdier crits than when a playable halberdier crits. The sound I'm referring to is when the lance hits the target.

Not even sure if it's a bug with the hack or not but worth noting.

Not sure if this is a bug or not but a different sound plays when an enemy halberdier crits than when a playable halberdier crits. The sound I'm referring to is when the lance hits the target.

Not even sure if it's a bug with the hack or not but worth noting.

It's uh... Probably just the different sound that plays when a crit actually kills or not.

Been considering changes to Pent's Tale ever since that Renault backstory conversation, lol.

38nZZHF.png

Chief among them are those items for the Emblemologist achievement. Not only were they really hard to get, but they were all totes useless. Now you'll be able to find the real(ish) Starsphere, with all of its +2 boosting glory (because Archsage!Pent/Dark Druid!Canas weren't OP enough). Planning on adding hold item effects for the other two as well, suggestions are welcome!

And also it's a real escape mission now because we have those aaaaah

Edited by Arch

Been considering changes to Pent's Tale ever since that Renault backstory conversation, lol.38nZZHF.pngChief among them are those items for the Emblemologist achievement. Not only were they really hard to get, but they were all totes useless. Now you'll be able to find the real(ish) Starsphere, with all of its +2 boosting glory (because Archsage!Pent/Dark Druid!Canas weren't OP enough). Planning on adding hold item effects for the other two as well, suggestions are welcome!And also it's a real escape mission now because we have those aaaaah

Why not the Geo sphere to go with the star sphere.

inflicting an instant 10 damage to everything makes FOW more bareable, I would think.

Why not the Geo sphere to go with the star sphere.

inflicting an instant 10 damage to everything makes FOW more bareable, I would think.

More difficult effect and I'm also trying to have one item from other continents. Archanea is already covered by the Starsphere so I'd rather not go that route again.

More difficult effect and I'm also trying to have one item from other continents. Archanea is already covered by the Starsphere so I'd rather not go that route again.

Okay then, I'll just leave various suggestions, one from each contienent - Valentia due to me not going that far in Gaiden yet

Jugdral- Valflame

Magvel- Nighogg

Tellius- either Double Bow or Urvan

These should be easier to implement than the Geosphere.honestly, I've decided just now that I'll never ask for something in a hack I wouldn't be willing to try doing myself. These all can be used by someone in Pent's tale, I belive.