Elibean Nights

Arch

I'm still confused by one thing: Why does Sykes (and the bounty hunter in Legault's chapter) have so little speed? Seriously, they have abnormally low speed for swordmasters. I guess it's to make up for their higher strength amounts, but wouldn't it make more sense to turn them into heroes instead, so the stats would make sense? Just my 0.02$.

Some characters are just not that great.

Look at Everrett.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reference to Bill Sykes from Oliver Twist. Amazing swordsman in a longcoat, but not fast enough to avoid his death.

Okay, I was not aware that he was a reference.

Some characters are just not that great.

Look at Everrett.

I'm not saying that he's bad. I'm just saying that his stats are not what I expect from his class.

But I'm just rambling now. I'm looking forward for the final release.

Reference to Bill Sykes from Oliver Twist. Amazing swordsman in a longcoat, but not fast enough to avoid his death.

It's actually a reference from a named character in a support between Noah and Jerrot in FE6...

Was the Zealot -> Jerrot change made to be in line with Gringe's FE6 patch?

I harassed Arch about it I brought it to Arch's attention, because of the frequent rendering of ゼ as "Je" in translation, which Gringe accounted for. (Also, Gringe is a fantastic translator and credit where credit is due, I likely wouldn't have thought to do it had he not gone there first.)

After years of interacting with them, awkward translations make me twitch. (Now if people would properly render Delmud as Diarmuid/Dermott).

The issue with fan translations is that there will never be one where everyone is happy. Take Ward/Wade, for example. Wade is probably the correct name, but Ward is the more commonly liked one. Correctness vs popularity is a difficult choice.

The issue with fan translations is that there will never be one where everyone is happy. Take Ward/Wade, for example. Wade is probably the correct name, but Ward is the more commonly liked one. Correctness vs popularity is a difficult choice.

Ward is the more correct one, actually, from a pronunciation standpoint. There are are better ways to render Wade in katakana.

Edited by Siuloir

I harassed Arch about it I brought it to Arch's attention, because of the frequent rendering of ゼ as "Je" in translation, which Gringe accounted for. (Also, Gringe is a fantastic translator and credit where credit is due, I likely wouldn't have thought to do it had he not gone there first.)

After years of interacting with them, awkward translations make me twitch. (Now if people would properly render Delmud as Diarmuid/Dermott).

not gonna lie, i'm actually really glad to see "jerrot" in use here. both because it's nice to see some element of our past year's worth of work popping up elsewhere and it feels sort of validating, and also because it's guaranteed to piss people off and that never grows old :P

not gonna lie, i'm actually really glad to see "jerrot" in use here. both because it's nice to see some element of our past year's worth of work popping up elsewhere and it feels sort of validating, and also because it's guaranteed to piss people off and that never grows old :P

I dont have any problem with Jerrot, its just im so used to Zealot ever since I played FE6 back in 08. I consider all the characters to go by their Serenes Forest names, since thats wht i went by ;) But it is awesome to see the hacks use the same names and whatnot ;)

Oh and great job Arch and to everyone who helped with this. Havent played any of it yet, waiting on the final release but it looks friggen incredible

BhfeQk8.png

Elibian Nights: going boldly where no hack has gone before! Get rekt fools, dating sim FE just got confirmed.

Since this project refuses to go quietly into the night, I'm going to use these final gasps of air to make it feel "complete." A big part of that is incorporating more storyline changes based on the player's choices and actions. Looking at the project, that's the part that feels lacking. You've all been playing (mostly) the same tales for a while now, and this is one last way of spicing things up. The matchmaking screen will load the six females whose pairings can be altered - the Prince/Princess talks to them, and then the woman becomes a playable unit with dudes loaded to talk to. This will change the cast of tales based on which pairings you pick. Look forward to a lot more substantive alternate endings, too.

So basically...since I'm still waiting on things, give me a month to finally nail this thing down?

Edited by Arch

BhfeQk8.png

Elibian Nights: going boldly where no hack has gone before! Get rekt fools, dating sim FE just got confirmed.

Since this project refuses to go quietly into the night, I'm going to use these final gasps of air to make it feel "complete." A big part of that is incorporating more storyline changes based on the player's choices and actions. Looking at the project, that's the part that feels lacking. You've all been playing (mostly) the same tales for a while now, and this is one last way of spicing things up. The matchmaking screen will load the six females whose pairings can be altered - the Prince/Princess talks to them, and then the woman becomes a playable unit with dudes loaded to talk to. This will change the cast of tales based on which pairings you pick. Look forward to a lot more substantive alternate endings, too.

So basically...since I'm still waiting on things, give me a month to finally nail this thing down?

sounds fun and stuff, (wants all the paring changer)

a lot of dialogues gotta have to be made for all this to feel good and cohesive.

eauyWJz.png

Well, knocked the menu side out pretty quick. Lots of writing and some event revisions, but it shouldn't be anything too tedious. Gotta acquire a few substitution characters, though.

http://pastebin.com/6f78Gc23

Here's the outline and the pairings list. If there's anything gravely missing, yell at me now or forever hold your peace.

[9:27:30 PM] Skitty: this is gonna get ugly

[9:27:33 PM] Skitty: really really fast

[9:27:41 PM] Skitty: :'D

[9:27:59 PM] Arch: I think people'd appreciate it for the most part

[9:28:05 PM | Edited 9:28:09 PM] Arch: except when the pairing they don't want isn't in

[9:29:15 PM] Skitty: i'm just waiting for the people will get extremely upset

[9:29:20 PM] Skitty: so i can have something to laugh at

[9:30:09 PM] Arch: it's social justice

[9:30:13 PM] Arch: because it's the WOMAN'S CHOICE

[9:30:17 PM] Arch: LET THE FIRE RAIN DOWN UPON ME

[9:30:19 PM] Skitty: lololol

Edited by Arch

I know someone worked really hard on it, but man I do not like the way priscilla's mug fits in with the other mugs. It sticks out like a sore thumb.

[9:30:09 PM] Arch: it's social justice

[9:30:13 PM] Arch: because it's the WOMAN'S CHOICE

[9:30:17 PM] Arch: LET THE FIRE RAIN DOWN UPON ME

ahahaaa Edited by Klok's Juicy Tits

Doesn't it make more sense to have Serra paired with Erk and Oswin instead of Sain and Hector? She doesn't have a paired ending with those two, but she does with Erk and Oswin.

And Priscilla has one with Guy instead of Sain. Man you really want to pair Sain.

idk I just feel like if you're doing this, at least do the possible pairings

oh and maybe include rebecca? idk

Oh yeah, I totally changed Serra's since writing that. Didn't remember her Oswin paired ending, so I'll stick that in.

I considered adding Becca too, but the changes won't have much impact on the story? I'll think about it.

http://pastebin.com/QrbLg3GZ

Edited by Arch

Glorious, sir OVERTROLL. Glorious.

Man that must have taken some planning to get those conditions to fire correctly.

1DhG52b.png

Get wrecked, Ninian. Your man found a better woman.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I know someone worked really hard on it, but man I do not like the way priscilla's mug fits in with the other mugs. It sticks out like a sore thumb.

Out of loyalty to the artist and personal contentment (and basically "too late" at this point anyways especially now that I need mugs for substitute characters), I haven't pursued a replacement even though people have complained about it since...forever.