Elibean Nights

Arch

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping to keep the tales balanced for the most part. Pent's tale had a small party, but it's pretty much the only case where the total ally count goes up. It's mostly a feature for fun.

T9y0pS3.png

And yeah, I'm having fun.

I'm hoping to keep the tales balanced for the most part. Pent's tale had a small party, but it's pretty much the only case where the total ally count goes up. It's mostly a feature for fun.

T9y0pS3.png

And yeah, I'm having fun.

Don't look now Serra, but your boyfriend murders his friends.

...This hack is wildly superior to TLP in both story and character dialogue. TLP is really boring.

There's a considerable difference between a 15-16 year old writer and a twentysomething year old writer, to be fair. The Paolini Corollary, if you will.

Edited by Siuloir

I mean, I started this project when I was 16-17. Blazer and I are about the same age, he just finished first.

Out of sheer curiosity, how much has been rewritten over the years? I know at least two tales, obviously.

...This hack is wildly superior to TLP in both story and character dialogue. TLP is really boring.

orly? "Elibian Nights" contains few shorts stories, and "The Last Promise" contains one story, but globally.

Simply in this hack every story ... um, as in English? Maybe, saturated? Overall, write so: full history line contains into one chapter. In "The last Promise" history and characters reveals slowly, what is traditionally for genre jRPG. Here is all the diffirence :):

A difference in style means nothing about the quality.

Out of sheer curiosity, how much has been rewritten over the years? I know at least two tales, obviously.

Trying to put together a timeline because now I'm curious.

The first patch was released in the summer of 2010, with the original Lyn, Eliwood and Raven Tales. As far as writing goes:

2010: Eliwood's Tale, Raven's Tale, Lyn's Tale, Pent's Tale, Hector's Tale, Tale Select

2011: Achievements, Karel's Tale, Eliwood's Tale (revamped), Hector's Tale (revamped), Merlinus's Gaiden, Rath's Gaiden, Pent's Gaiden, Bonus Content, Jerrot's Tale, Legault's Tale

2012: Project restarted, Raven's Tale (revamped), Karel's Tale (extended by one map), Jerrot's Tale (revamped map-wise)

2013: Pent's Tale (added Efta), Lyn's Tale (talk chain/alternate ending), Rath's Gaiden (revisions), Kent's Gaiden, Zephiel's Tale

2014: Raven's Tale (revisions), Matchmaker

Edited by Arch

"in my opinion", said the Klok

not that I would really disagree with that opinion, but it's nice not to come off as arrogant and stuff because people besides you (e.g. General Seth) are entitled to their own opinions and if you can't respect that much, you should shut the fuck up

I'm sure Blazer knows it's not the greatest story in a hack ever.

at least I finished it yeah no it's pretty bad, I thought this has been established which is why I'm confused as to why people feel the need to talk about it. meh I should've lied and been like "wtf man TLP is the greatest dat plot twist at the end that I'm pretty sure I didn't even think of"

I bet it doesn't help that TLP started out as a forum's circle-jerk clusterfuck that they wanted to pass off as a hack.

pretty much this, TLP originally didn't have a story and I had to invent one at about Chapter 20, including retrospectively (because nothing really made sense). whereas EN is a story-focused hack with some gameplay gimmicks that isn't even complete yet and TLP's story-writing finished about 3 years ago and most of it was written (albeit revised) long before that (that is to say, I had to make-up a bullshit story out of dog shit when I was around 15-16 despite having no experience in such a thing and pass it off as playable).

sure I could have fixed the story by making the entire hack from scratch but then TLP would have literally never finished (see: every hack ever that takes forever to finish)

in other words, the circumstances are completely different it would be like comparing one of Shakespeare's works to a fanfiction or something, written in different times under different circumstances about different things with different intents. if a hack has a worse or better story than TLP, whatever, consider what the hack and hack creator are trying to do. I bet someone will come up with an even worse story (or at least in the opinion of the masses) than this and I certainly hope it isn't bashed because people expect everything to be on the highest-standard (I guess EN is the bar-setter in this case)

EDIT: not that I care about the rules but more on-topic:

Congrats on almost finishing EN! I hope there's something like a release trailer and maybe some other goodies like "a history of Elibian Nights" or something, the final release of such a long-standing hack should be pretty awesome.

Edited by Trails in the Blaze

"wtf man TLP is the greatest dat plot twist at the end that I'm pretty sure I didn't even think of"

You're welcome for that - it was in the super shitty original sketch outline that was written by 10th-grade me.

I bet it doesn't help that TLP started out as a forum's circle-jerk clusterfuck that they wanted to pass off as a hack.

tbf so did Do5, and that's turning out alright. It's not the journey that matters, it's the destination~

H-hey, I liked it! It had a couple glitches, sure, but it was fun to do all these things I wouldn't do in a normal Fire Emblem game, all because of the situations! It was great! (Yue is Yuesless during the main story though.)

I enjoyed TLP as well.

I also look forward to the changes in EN. Maybe I won't get bored after completing 2-3 routes. Most of those changes look interesting.

My only real complaint about TLP is that until the last few chapters, it's a re-run of the tired old imperial invasion plot, same as FE1/FE6/FE8. Once the first few maps are gone the gameplay's mostly fine, and I can't fault it on the technical front. You just have to take the bad with the good. Same with Do5, D&G, Decay of the Fangs, and every other hack out there.

Really though, TLP and EN are like fire and ice; incomparable beyond the fact they're both built off FE7.

Edited by Wayward Winds