SmartRutter's games

SmartRutter7

Yep, that's right, i made games.

http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/MegaZeux (just so you can see what this thing is)

so... i've made a total of 3 games.

1. MarioMZX (btw MZX is an abbreviation of MegaZeux)

A very simple game, bad graphics, uh... its got decent music though!

Download: http://www.digitalmzx.net/games/MarioMZX_demo_v6.zip

2. SmartRutter's DOS Engine. (yeah mainly a mock-up of a dos system, making the text input system was interesting, not that great)

Download: http://www.digitalmzx.net/games/MDOS.zip

3. SmartRutter's Pixel-perfect game (yep, better graphics, this wasn't easy to do considering the graphics are text-mode, probably my favorite one i've made)

Story Summary: You're a secret agent investigating an evil-doer that has been stockpiling anti-matter... the rest is for you to find out

Download: http://www.digitalmzx.net/games/spritepixel.zip

Oh and uh you'll need this to play any of those: http://www.digitalmzx.net/games/mzx282-x86.zip

This is the MegaZeux program, you need it to play any of these games.

Quick Instructions on how to use it:

1. Open up mzx282.exe from the last download, you should see a "load world" dialog in the program, press 'L' to make it pop up otherwise.

2. You'll notice at the right side there is a directory listing, you should go to the folder where you download the games, in the left side, it'll show any games in that directory. (all games are of the extension .mzx)

3. Double-click on the game (duh...)

4. You'll see the title screen for whatever one you're playing, press 'P' to play the game then. All other controls should be obvious in-game. If you're lost, F1 IS YOUR FRIEND!!!!

Yes, this is a windows program, if you use something else, please tell me since i can post mac and linux binaries as well. (this program has been ported to a LOT of systems. why, they're even working on a wii port :D Already have done PSP and DS.)

Notice for when you play the 3rd game i listed, some virus scanners think "final_countdown.xm" is malware or something, no its just a false positive, its just a freaking music file. I figured i should say this before people start freaking out like morons like when i first posted my game on the net.

If you're interested, there are lots of games on http://www.digitalmzx.net for this, they have a forums as well. I'd recommend the Zeux series, it WAS the first games ever made for this.

btw, yes this program is what i used to edit my game and make it, anyone is able to edit the game if they want, (i can't stop you if you're that determined).

Also, there isn't any problems with me posting links to a program is there? I saw nothing about it in the rules, idk i just ask since this hasn't been done before. =/

nice work!

all I've done was make a scrabble knock-off with a small team (I was the graphics guy) and make a game about the number 13...

I also tried my best to make Dr Mario... but alas I only had two weeks to do so, and I only was able to get the pills to fall and viruses to show up...

Maybe I've would of done better if I was actually taught the basics firsts >_>

data structures are nice and all... but they're useless if I don't even know how to utilize them...

anyways these are quite impressive!

heh thanks, about the 3rd game i posted, i'm currently working a bit more with the underlying code of the movement engine. Perhaps eventually i'll get a decent length game to be made with it. On an unrelated note, i figured out how to make a decent mouse pointer to be put in a game.

Also, dang, it's always that people can't download things on their computer. -_-

heh thanks, about the 3rd game i posted, i'm currently working a bit more with the underlying code of the movement engine. Perhaps eventually i'll get a decent length game to be made with it. On an unrelated note, i figured out how to make a decent mouse pointer to be put in a game.

Also, dang, it's always that people can't download things on their computer. -_-

Well, No i am on my mom's computer.

Can't you just put them in a website or something?

Edited by Slayer

Can't you just put them in a website or something?

i gave you all links to the site. I think what you're talking about is a way to play them inside your internet browser? No, because this game system has never been ported to java or anything else that runs in a browser. You just have to download it like a normal game.

and make a game about the number 13...

Are you sure you shouldn't have made it after the number... TWELVE?! Also, fun games Smarty (I picked up all of the de-bug stuff and read the sign after >_<)

Edited by Kyrra

Are you sure you shouldn't have made it after the number... TWELVE?! Also, fun games Smarty (I picked up all of the de-bug stuff and read the sign after >_<)

CHEEEEAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! <_<

Lol. Next time i make a game i'm making sure to keep that stuff out of there. Besides, all that really is is like a small demo of a game engine i made. I've since fixed some odd things in it that don't really make sense for it to work that way.

Example: the shooting won't spurt out 2+ bullets at a time instantly and won't make you have to wait til the bullets hit to start using them again. I also made it impossible for you to shoot when you're facing a wall. After all, that would quite work now would it? Not to mention it wasted ammo like crazy. <_<

Example 2: I cleared out old uncessary code and that dialog box that pops up at the beginning of the game. I'm also letting you be able to run right from the start, i think that makes more sense.

If i ever make another game with this it should at least be a bit better. I still need work on the environment's graphics of course.