FEditor Animations V2

fuzz94

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to point out something inconsistent with the Female Rogue animation: The ranged critical animation has the unit throw up the dagger, which was never on the original male Rogue in FE8. It's fairly easy to see when it's possible to hack the Light Brand to have massive CRT.

If anyone's a noob like me and wants consistency between the two genders like every other class, here's a link to the fixed animation:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1x5nl2rsqe94bne/Female%20Rogue%20%5BFixed%20RngCrt%5D.zip

2a. If you want to insert a new animation instead of replacing an older one, just up the Max Index by 1. In that case, C9 -> CA. *backup your ROM before doing this, we never know what might happen!*

Increasing the Max Index doesn't brick the game by any means. FEditor automatically repoints it to the end of the ROM like every other custom thing inserted. However, that means that every custom animation you want to insert has to be done at one single time, which can become a pain if you have made an update for an animation. The animations themselves work perfectly, but once saved, you can't access them a second time. When attempting to load the Class Animation Manager, FEditor will look at the original offset of the array, but will find nothing there. This is because the array has been moved elsewhere and although the game is fixed to load that offset, FEditor is programmed to look at the original, now non-existent array regardless of changes made to the ROM.

This seems to be the case for FE6, but it should work for FE7 and 8.

Edited by Kiseki

[stuff about feditor]

I don't even need to open FEditor's source code (which I have done recently anyway because I am actually updating it again after a good 30 months) to know how blatantly wrong that is.

Please don't go around spreading obvious lies about FEditor

After all the times I used it, it seems to works that way for me. If you're actually updating it, then that probably wouldn't be the case.

Edited by Kiseki

Are you sure it's the animation itself and not your nightmare animation files? Make sure the weapon is set to use the handaxe attack, and you have a custom animation set up that uses the hand axe animation for that weapon.

Rebecca in my chaos mode hack uses armor brigand and she works fine.

Capture_zps5e0942a4.png

You can see that everything is set up fine.

Let me give further details: It was an enemy armor brigand that attacked Kiowa(nomad). It was a range battle. The arm brigand attacked and hit showing the animation but then it just softlocks and Kiowa doesn't attack back.

Did you have issues before using the armor brigand animation? I literally have never encountered an issue with my armor brigand. Also, it could also be an issue with the nomad, maybe. Try fighting with the same weapon against other classes and see if it locks up.

Yes, I have tried with other classes and it does the same. But I found that it only happens when you attack anyone else who has a range weapon(archer, nomad, mages, etc). It works when it attacks someone up close and far with no counterstrike.

yEKp6Rz.png

I just took a look at both of the scripts for the original and armored brigand's hand axe's animations and found that they were completely different. I'm going to assume this is your problem.

If you're going to color/pixel over a pre-existing animation, at least have the decency to use the same script.

Just wanted to point out something inconsistent with the Female Rogue animation: The ranged critical animation has the unit throw up the dagger, which was never on the original male Rogue in FE8. It's fairly easy to see when it's possible to hack the Light Brand to have massive CRT.

If anyone's a noob like me and wants consistency between the two genders like every other class, here's a link to the fixed animation:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1x5nl2rsqe94bne/Female%20Rogue%20%5BFixed%20RngCrt%5D.zip

That was intentional but ok do what you want(try contacting the people who made it first though, that's not a bug).

strikethrough doesn't make you sound not rude and or pretentious. :/

And I'm in the process of fixing the armor brigand for arch, NYZ, so it'll be up at some point.

Edited by Skitty of Time

yEKp6Rz.png

I just took a look at both of the scripts for the original and armored brigand's hand axe's animations and found that they were completely different. I'm going to assume this is your problem.

If you're going to color/pixel over a pre-existing animation, at least have the decency to use the same script.

Handled matter separately. Cleared my post.

Edited by Siuloir

yEKp6Rz.png

Yes, I have fixed the problem and it now works. Thanks for the help tho.

Calm down. I'm the one who did that, and he asked to use them.

His doesn't look anything like yours as I recall?

I also handled the matter in PMs.

• 2 weeks later...

There's an error with the Ishtar Animation.

Model.PortableClassAnimation.<init>:
Exception
PCA: Stream error in File constructor
(Failed to read frame data file)
This pops up whenever I try to insert the atatck frame. How do I get around this?
EDIT: And yes, I am inserting just the file. Not the .dmp or any of the animation sheets.
EDIT: The Hero with Armor Coat hand axe animation also glitches up.
FireEmblem-TheSacredStones_zpsae108141.p
Edited by Burning Star

There's an error with the Ishtar Animation.

Model.PortableClassAnimation.<init>:
Exception
PCA: Stream error in File constructor
(Failed to read frame data file)
This pops up whenever I try to insert the atatck frame. How do I get around this?
EDIT: And yes, I am inserting just the file. Not the .dmp or any of the animation sheets.
EDIT: The Hero with Armor Coat hand axe animation also glitches up.
FireEmblem-TheSacredStones_zpsae108141.p

idk about ishtar but that frame looks like user error(or Feditor error I guess), reinsert the animation file(you sometimes have to do that when inserting animations over older ones).